12/02/21, 09:46 AM   #1
Psiioniic
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Efficient trait research on alts

Hi,

I'm using CraftStore to know what traits my toons know and when I'm on my master crafter I pick some random items for each one, craft them and then put them to bank.
That kind of works, but very often it happens that I accidentally learn the traits not with the toon I intended it to learn, which then means I don't have any items to research on some toons and useless items in bank.
So I'm looking for an AddOn which does the following:

1) When on master crafter: Tells me exactly which items to craft, such that I can fill all free research slots on all toons
2) When on the toon: Tells me exactly which out of the many unknown item traits I should research with that particular toon, such that overall I can fill all slots and no items are left over

Is there any AddOn able to do this? Thanks for any suggestions

Last edited by Psiioniic : 12/02/21 at 09:49 AM.
12/02/21, 10:30 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
I'm not aware of any single addon able to do this.
There exist multiple addons like CraftStore (which you have named already), ResearchAssistant.

I personally use https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info...archCraft.html to see what is missing and craft it.
Then I use FCOItemSaver, created myself some dynamic marker icons there "with the names of my research toons", and marking these created items with the toon icon I had crafted it for.
Put them to the bank, log to a toon, open bank, choose with a right click on the FCOIS 1st filter icon the toon's marker icon from the dynamic marker icons list, left click the 1st filter button to yellow (show only), and then either take all from bank (via the addon DoItAll e.g.), or take only a few I want to research.

You can also combine this with this nice addon: https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info...oResearch.html

Last edited by Baertram : 12/02/21 at 10:32 AM.
12/02/21, 11:48 AM   #3
Psiioniic
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
Then I use FCOItemSaver, created myself some dynamic marker icons there "with the names of my research toons", and marking these created items with the toon icon I had crafted it for.
Thanks Baertram for your idea. I had to set the option to use unique item IDs to be able to set different markers for different copies of an item.
During migration I got an error "ERROR - Unknown state of chosen uniqueIdType before reloadui", but I guess it doesn't matter since I didn't have any existing data and it works now as expected.

Maybe if I'll have time I''ll write something to set the markers automatically, is it possible to control them from another addon?
12/02/21, 11:54 AM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Even with non unique ids enabled you should be able to apply different icons to the same items?
For the "copy" of the same items you would need to enable ZOs unique IDs then, right, as they are really unique. But this is somehow troublung for all other items imho as you would need to re mark all items you had collected already. This is very annoying.

Else the FCOIS custom unique ids would be the way to go in order to distinguish them by e.g. "who crafted the item". But it's still not making any difference then to "who will use this item" and what marker icon is applied to it.

You should maybe use FCOIS character settings then instead of the account wide settings + normal itemInstanceIds (non unique)? This way you are able to distinguish the same items at your different toons with different icons. But this would include all other settings. And you could keep the non unique ones.
As you usecase seems to be a special one, or at least I never saw someone researching all with all toons , this might be needed here though.

You can use FCOIS automatic markings -> research wich integrates CraftStore e.g. to mark your researchable items based on the CS and FCOIS settings! Read the tooltips at all the automatic marks->research settings within FCOIS please, they describe how it works/how they behave with the other addon's settings.
You are able to use ESO standard research markers for the logged in char, ResearchAssistant or CraftStore there. Afai rember CraftStore would be the only supported addon to be able to check for other not-logged in toons, depending on if you have NOT set a main crafter at the CS UI (right clicking a character name at the CS UI toons list -> a star icon is set to the main crafter then).
if you set a main carfter only this one will be checked.
Not sure anymore how exactly it works, the tooltips should be actual though ;-)

Last edited by Baertram : 12/02/21 at 11:59 AM.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Efficient trait research on alts