04/14/15, 02:21 AM   #1
Aleasdeck
[Request] Ability bar change button with retention

When I push and hold "alt"(for example), my ability bar changed to #2, and when I release the button, ability bar becomes to #1 as before. I think that it will be useful for pvp, when you need to get some buffs or use second ultimate ability, because it's faster then usual.
04/14/15, 03:25 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I don't think you will be able to press a key (ALT in your example) AND execute skills at the skillbar by pressing keys 1 to 5 at the same time, as the key (ALT) is already currently pressed.

The game will recognize the key ALT+1, AlT+2, ALT+3, ALT+4, ALT+5 pressed then and does nothing I guesss.

Maybe it is possible to hook into the key handlers but I don't think so as this would allow developers to build bots somehow and execute skills by lua source code.

I have set my weapon bar switch to mouse button 3 (press the mouse wheel down) or "mouse wheel move to the right" if your mouse got this possibility, and it is really fast enough to execute buffs and switch back again.
Maybe put the weapon bar switch to the "<" (german keyboard layout! the key left to the "z" key, right to the "shift" key at the english layout) key so you can easily reach it.

Last edited by Baertram : 04/14/15 at 03:27 AM.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » [Request] Ability bar change button with retention