05/05/18, 05:14 AM   #1
coldreactive
Are there alternatives to these mods that are updated?

Because I cannot live in TESO without the Action Duration Reminder (has to be configurable. Positioning, borders, etc.) and Quest Tracker.
05/05/18, 07:00 AM   #2
DesertDwellers
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Not to sound self serving, but for Ravalox Quest Tracker there is my addon FCM Quest Tracker.

For the rest? Not that I am aware of.
05/05/18, 09:07 AM   #3
ArtOfShred

Lui Extended has a component similar to ActionDurationReminder. The current implementation on the live server version is a bit spotty, but I'll have a much better working version with Summerset - there's no support for tracking the bar you're not actively on though as of now - something I'll do later.
05/05/18, 10:16 AM   #4
DesertDwellers
I forgot about that, and I use LUI Extended.

Awesome mod!! Cannot live with out it.
05/05/18, 01:05 PM   #5
Dolgubon

Action Duration Reminder still works, so just use that.
05/05/18, 01:19 PM   #6
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Originally Posted by Dolgubon View Post
Action Duration Reminder still works, so just use that.
So true!

Guys, please read and understand (finally and for all time!!!):
If an addon is shown "outdated" ingame it's just because of a text comparison which checks the api version ingame (provided by the game's function GetAPIVersion()) against the api version text in the manifest .txt file 8e.g. ActionDurationReminder.txt) in the addon folder.

If the strings do not match: The addon shows as outdated. But it is not checked if the addon will work or not!
So please, just check the damn checkbox "use outdated addons" and TRY IT YOURSELF!
Most of them just work and do not need any update for months or even years. If you encounter addons with errors tell the addon devs int heir addon's portal or the comment section sot hey can fix it.

But don#t just say it's not working just because the stupid string comparison tells you it is outdated...
You can even change the txt file yourself and add 1 to the end so the API is not 10021 anymore but 10022 eh voila: It's "working again" (not outdated anymore)

P.S.
Using all of the adodns mentioned above (except the dialog ones) and they work pretty well, no error messages, just things like missing textures for the Toolbar e.g.
05/05/18, 08:52 PM   #7
coldreactive
I already have tried another outdated addon though, one from 2014 via twitch app, and another from 2017 via the twitch app, and they both seem to not work. (One of them is actually updated here but not via the curse network.)

For instance, the MiniMap from Fyrakin on twitch/curse isn't updated enough to be working currently, but it's updated here on esoui.

This one just throws a LUI error and doesn't even initialize: https://www.curseforge.com/teso/teso...charge-counter

So, not all outdated addons will work even with outdated enabled. But, whatever.
05/05/18, 09:07 PM   #8
Rhyono
Originally Posted by coldreactive View Post
So, not all outdated addons will work even with outdated enabled. But, whatever.
Baertram didn't say ALL outdated addons would work. He said TRY them before dismissing them as broken.
05/05/18, 10:29 PM   #9
Dolgubon

I already have tried another outdated addon though, one from 2014 via twitch app, and another from 2017 via the twitch app, and they both seem to not work. (One of them is actually updated here but not via the curse network.)

For instance, the MiniMap from Fyrakin on twitch/curse isn't updated enough to be working currently, but it's updated here on esoui.

This one just throws a LUI error and doesn't even initialize: https://www.curseforge.com/teso/teso...charge-counter

Well there's your problem, you're using Twitch and Curse. Addon authors don't use those at all, and they're horribly outdated. Use Minion or this site instead.
05/06/18, 11:49 AM   #10
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Originally Posted by Dolgubon View Post
Well there's your problem, you're using Twitch and Curse. Addon authors don't use those at all, and they're horribly outdated. Use Minion or this site instead.
Again: So true! Please use ww.esoui.com -> And the Minion addon manager to see and find non-outdated version of ESO addons.
And if they show as outdated: Just test them ingame. If an error occurs: Chekc the addon comments if someone already provided a patched version which works again, or the patch section of addons. Sometimes there is an uploaded fixed version. Or search for the addon name and find "copies" with "Fixed for Dragonbones" etc.
05/07/18, 10:50 PM   #11
calia1120

Because I cannot live in TESO without the Action Duration Reminder (has to be configurable. Positioning, borders, etc.) and Quest Tracker.
I'm testing features on PTS for Toolbar and Ravalox's Quest Tracker. Will have them ready for Summerset drop.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Are there alternatives to these mods that are updated?