05/01/14, 08:43 PM   #1
LaughterSong
Red face MSVCR100.dll - jvm.dill errors

Thank you for the client.

My only concern is that it is safe from spyware, hacks etc.

I was able to run Minion after initial install as launch took place upon completion, however even though I have reinstalled a few times I cannot launch the program once it has been closed.

I receive this error: Program can't start because MSVCR100.dill is missing from your computer...blah blah blah and then I receive a "Loading JVM.dll" error.

Now I could search for this .dill file/s and download and install them but should it/they not be included in the client software?

Thanks
Keep up the good work!
05/01/14, 08:55 PM   #2
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Hi LaughterSong,

As you can see here Virustotal has scanned Minion2.0.5-beta.exe with 41 different scanners and it all checks out. I suggest using this site for any program you download and have questions about.

You just need to install the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package (x64). We just didn't think to include this on the installer since most games require this and install it. It is also pre-installed on many systems. We are working to have Minion detect if this is missing and install it in the future. I am glad we are finding all these things in the beta.

Thanks for posting!

Last edited by Dolby : 05/01/14 at 09:01 PM.
05/08/14, 07:36 PM   #3
Spartakus
Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
Hi LaughterSong,

As you can see here Virustotal has scanned Minion2.0.5-beta.exe with 41 different scanners and it all checks out. I suggest using this site for any program you download and have questions about.

You just need to install the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package (x64). We just didn't think to include this on the installer since most games require this and install it. It is also pre-installed on many systems. We are working to have Minion detect if this is missing and install it in the future. I am glad we are finding all these things in the beta.

Thanks for posting!
I'm getting this same error. probably hundreds of people too, so don't think its a few people and ignore it. Please fix the installation process because I currently can't install Minion because of this error. YOu should never ever take anything for granted. Hopefully you fix it soon.
05/08/14, 07:56 PM   #4
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by Spartakus View Post
Please fix the installation process because I currently can't install Minion because of this error. YOu should never ever take anything for granted. Hopefully you fix it soon.
We are fixing it, never said we weren't. Just going to take a little time. Infact I said it right here in this thread:

We are working to have Minion detect if this is missing and install it in the future. I am glad we are finding all these things in the beta.
Just was explaining it was good we had a beta test to catch stuff like this because we didnt see it since it was something our development team and the entire ZAM Staff had installed from playing lots and lots of games. This is the entire purpose for us to release Minion as beta so we can work on the issues that dont crop up in development. Feedback and bug posts you guys provide are very valuable and we appreciate it a ton!

Thanks

Last edited by Dolby : 05/08/14 at 08:08 PM.
05/12/14, 12:42 PM   #5
maverick28
stfu spartakus and be grateful that they took the time and effort to make something for you. the link worked great for me.

keep up the great work guys and thank you for this great software!
05/20/14, 05:03 PM   #6
etchCDN
Thumbs up Thank You!

I googled my problem and was guided to this post. I followed the link to the Visual ++ you provided and after installing the add-on manager worked. Thank you, looking forward to using your product.

05/21/14, 05:57 PM   #7
Defilade

Originally Posted by LaughterSong View Post
Thank you for the client.

My only concern is that it is safe from spyware, hacks etc.

I was able to run Minion after initial install as launch took place upon completion, however even though I have reinstalled a few times I cannot launch the program once it has been closed.

I receive this error: Program can't start because MSVCR100.dill is missing from your computer...blah blah blah and then I receive a "Loading JVM.dll" error.

Now I could search for this .dill file/s and download and install them but should it/they not be included in the client software?

Thanks
Keep up the good work!
I'm getting the same error. I was running Minion on my computer with windows 8.1 just fine, but i hate Windows 8. I just installed a fresh copy of windows 7 Ultimate, and loaded ESO and minion.

The very first time I launched Minion i received the same exact error messages you are getting, it complains that msvcr100.dll is not found on the computer, even though I have verified it is loaded. I uninstalled Minion, downloaded it again, and installed it, launched it - same exact errors.

I read the above post, installed Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package (x64) and it seems to be working now, thanks!

Last edited by Defilade : 05/21/14 at 06:12 PM.
05/23/14, 02:02 PM   #8
Yorkie_GBR
I have the problem where the JVM is not loading due to not loading the dll.

I have tried to install the microsoft update but my system refuses to install it saying I have an updated version all ready and the one I am trying to install is out of date.
05/23/14, 02:13 PM   #9
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
If you're only getting the jvm.dll error and not the MSVCR100.dll error then this thread won't help you. It's not the same error.

So I guess I should confirm with you Yorkie_GBR, are you only getting the jvm.dll error? Or do you also have an error that complains about a missing MSVCR100.dll too?

Last edited by Dolby : 05/23/14 at 02:16 PM.
05/23/14, 02:23 PM   #10
Yorkie_GBR
If you're only getting the jvm.dll error and not the MSVCR100.dll error then this thread won't help you. It's not the same error.

So I guess I should confirm with you Yorkie_GBR, are you only getting the jvm.dll error? Or do you also have an error that complains about a missing MSVCR100.dll too?
Just the dll loading error. Nothing else.
05/23/14, 02:26 PM   #11
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Ok then re-installing the above Microsoft C++ Redist stuff won't work for you.

This workaround is only for those that don't get the missing MSVCR100.dll error.

You are part of a small group of people having this error we are having trouble figuring out why. However there is a way you can run the client until we get this figured out.

- Make sure Java7 is installed on your computer

- Find the install path of minion and navigate to that folder. Default location on Windows is:
C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Minion\

- Open the app folder
C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Minion\app\

- Double click on the Minion-jfx.jar and it should load Minion. Feel free to make a short-cut to that file on your desktop.

Hopefully we will figure out the cause soon.

Last edited by Dolby : 05/23/14 at 02:48 PM.
05/23/14, 02:28 PM   #12
Yorkie_GBR
thanks for the quick reply, will try this hotfix now

Hotfix working like a charm

Last edited by Yorkie_GBR : 05/23/14 at 02:37 PM.
05/23/14, 02:47 PM   #13
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by Yorkie_GBR View Post
thanks for the quick reply, will try this hotfix now

Hotfix working like a charm
Glad that is working for you. Hopefully we can find the root cause of that error soon so you can run Minion normally.

Also for future reference for others looking at this thread. This thread is only for those getting the missing MSVCR100.dll error and jvm errors. If you only have the jvm error please use this thread. Thanks.

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » MSVCR100.dll - jvm.dill errors