11/24/23, 06:42 PM   #1
ghstridr
Minion never completes startup. Does complete addon scans

Minion v 3.0.11
Currently reporting on the Win32 version, but can reproduce the exact same results with the Win64 version.

Expectation: Install Minion 3.x, tell it to look on C and F drives (check boxes), only check for ESO. Complete check and ask for AddOns folder. Navigate to folder and select the AddOns folder in My Documents. Minion does it's expected scanning of addons and then displays them along with an update notices after doing any needed background checks on the internet.

What happens: All of the above does happen (not in a timely manner any longer like previously), but after the scanning of addons is completed, the UI never completes to display anything. I end up with a white box under the Minion toolbar (plus sign, gears, info button). I let it sit for about 30 minutes before giving up.

I have used Minion for literally years without issue. I suspect it is something with recent force updates from Microsoft on Win10. I think that is about when I noticed the problems.

Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 22H2
Installed on ‎3/‎31/‎2022
OS build 19045.3693
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0

Again, I did try the 64bit version which was the one I normally used, but get the same results. I did try it with Admin privileges, same result.
I was unable to get the java working as it complained about not being able to find a class in the jar file. Seems like an entry point is missing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Minion3-Blank_Screen.PNG
Views:	69
Size:	24.4 KB
ID:	1650  
Attached Files
File Type: log minion.log (208.0 KB, 76 views)
File Type: xml minion.xml (11.2 KB, 74 views)

Last edited by ghstridr : 11/24/23 at 11:45 PM.
11/27/23, 04:02 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hi, did you read and follow the troubleshooting guide entries already?
https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8082

Your log file says nothing of help here so I assume your installed Java version somehow is broken and interferes here.
Try to uninstall Mininon, delete the xml and log file.
Uninstall Java JRE if you got it installed and reinstall it properly.
-> Make sure antivirus etc. is not blocking any part there (whitelist etc.)

Install Minion 32bit then and also allow it at antivirus tools (whitelist).
And then setup Minion new.

btw you are sure you need and use addons like "Rare Fish Tracker jpFix"? Are you playing with the JP client and need JP langauge files etc.?
Else I'd recommand to clean up your live/AddOns folder before running Minion again and remove unneeded addons and SavedVariables.

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » Minion never completes startup. Does complete addon scans