04/14/14, 10:17 AM   #1
zireko

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
How do I add more text to this list and make them clickable?

Simply I am practicing currently. I have a code that shows a box and the name of the Addon. What I'm trying to do is make a list for each area that I'm in. This list will be quests for the area I'm in for example all the quest in Khenarthi's Roost. I would like to know if anyone might know how I can make this list work with the individual area I'm in, how to add the text (such as quest name), and make each quest name clickable so that it changes to a darker color. This way I can keep up with what quests I have done and haven't done.

I only have my xml done currently. I don't have any lua yet. Here is the xml code I'm using.

<GuiXml>
<Controls>
<TopLevelControl name="QuestMaster" mouseEnabled="true" movable="true" clampedToScreen="true" >
<Dimensions x="170" y="300" />
<Anchor point="CENTER" />

<Controls>
<Backdrop name="$(parent)BG" edgeColor="444444" centerColor="000000" alpha="0.8" >
<AnchorFill />
<Edge edgeSize="1" />
</Backdrop>
<Label name="$(parent)Window" font="ZoFontAnnounceMedium" color="CFDCBD" wrapMode="ELLIPSIS" verticalAlignment="TOP CENTER" text="QuestMaster" horizontalAlignment="CENTER" alpha="0.85">
<AnchorFill />
</Label>
</Controls>

</TopLevelControl>
</Controls>
</GuiXml>

If I have something out of place or wrong please let me know as well. I'm just getting started.
04/14/14, 12:10 PM   #2
Ouijan

You can add more than one <label> inside your <controls> Tag Then each label can have its own <OnMouseDown> to handle making them darken. As for changing to show each zone I'd look into the api for a get current zone or something. And because the number of quests in each zone will probably change you might have to generate the labels dynamically for each quest in lua because you will be limited to how many <label>s you put in your XML otherwise. There are probably many ways of approaching this but that is the first that comes to my mind hopefully this gives you some direction

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » How do I add more text to this list and make them clickable?