01/06/21, 03:47 PM   #1
NeuroticPixels
Addon Addict

Premium Member
Lightbulb Request: Cursor Snap To Loot Window

PerfectPixel has an option that makes your cursor snap to the loot window.
It helps you to quickly and more easily see the tooltip for whatever you're looking at picking up.

I loved it. I absolutely loved that feature.
It especially came in handy while stealing.

But unfortunately, there were a few things I didn't care for. A few of the UI look changes, and addon conflicts.

So I would love it if someone made a lone addon that offered this feature, or if someone added this feature as an option to one of their addons that have already been developed and released.

One that comes to my mind first would be FCO ChangeStuff. Seems like a nice option to include in that addon.

Additional/Less Important Request: I also really liked how PerfectPixel extended the inventory window to make it longer. I prefer the default UI look, but having the inventory window be longer to see more at once can be a nice QoL change.
01/06/21, 04:40 PM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by LoneStar2911 View Post
Additional/Less Important Request: I also really liked how PerfectPixel extended the inventory window to make it longer. I prefer the default UI look, but having the inventory window be longer to see more at once can be a nice QoL change.
PP added new textures and changed a lot of the inventory rows (height, edges, background, anchors, etc.) because the normal inventory height could not be changed that easily.
+ all the other addon compatibilty issues you mentioned will be the same if you just work on another addon, doing the same like PP, only with another texture for the inventories etc. PP/your new addon idea would need to do the similar stuff to change the look and size of the inventory.

I think it would be easier to just add the standard textures of ESO to PP again so one could enabled them there.
But I think this was asked for in the past and somehow the size of the textures was not good quality if used with the non-standard UI size/scalings.
Not sure what other problems there might/already had occur/ed but don't expect any addon to be "easily doable" that does change the inventory's size/row height etc. Else it would be there, next to PP.

I can have a look how PP does the cursor snap to the loot window. Guess it's simple and could be added to FCOCS then.
01/06/21, 10:21 PM   #3
NeuroticPixels
Addon Addict

Premium Member
Hey, thanks for the response. I'll be excitedly waiting to see if you're able to add the option to your addon. I hope it's easy enough!
01/08/21, 03:32 PM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Well, it works, but somehow only snaps to the left of the first row, not really above the fist row.

As I'm not able to fix this nor "offset" the cursor via addns (I can only use something like SetFocus, and if the focus is set to the left of the row ... I even tried to focus other conrols more to the right, like the item's icon and text. Does not work).
So you'd have to move the mouse straight to the right for a bit after opening the loot window.
Seems the lootwindow is moved after that happens, as the command in chat with the opened loot window
Lua Code:
  1. /script WINDOW_MANAGER:SetMouseFocusByName("ZO_LootAlphaContainerList1Row1")
works just fine.

Guess this was fixed by PP via making the loot window wider/looking different in total.

Edit:
Found a way to select the row now, but the first open will be still more to the left a bit.

Last edited by Baertram : 01/08/21 at 03:42 PM.
01/08/21, 05:39 PM   #5
NeuroticPixels
Addon Addict

Premium Member
yeah, I noticed the very first open wasn't perfect. But every opening after that was. Works great! Thank you!

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Request: Cursor Snap To Loot Window