12/26/20, 03:42 PM   #1
Jord56
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
ESO Addon Request!

I have been learning Lua and UIxml but, no where near knowledgeable enough to make what i'm wanting here and feel this would be a useful addon for some.

Addon Idea; Is it possible to add shell shading to specific monsters in game? like make bait animals stand out more because when searching for fishing bait is pretty rough they blend in really well and i'm sure i've missed some frogs, bunnies, and rats...

I was looking around in here https://wiki.esoui.com/Main_Page and can't seem to find anything that could help me implement my idea here....maybe, i missed something.

If you think its possible link to me the pages of the methods, events and anything else that I would need to maybe figure out how to make such an addon or if there is something similar out there better yet just let me know the name of the current addon.
12/27/20, 03:23 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Hi, unfortunately (or maybe not ) Addons are not able to change any enemy/friendly textures of the units in the game.
You are able to add some Controls (e.g. a rectangle box) to the Ui, and if grouped also use the position api of the group members to add a ray of light (Light of Meridia) or something else to the group members. But everything else, like add a marker icon on enemies head, change the look or size, change the color or the selection frame, or change sounds of effects or the effects of skills, is not possible.
12/27/20, 11:22 AM   #3
Jord56
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
Hi, unfortunately (or maybe not ) Addons are not able to change any enemy/friendly textures of the units in the game.
You are able to add some Controls (e.g. a rectangle box) to the Ui, and if grouped also use the position api of the group members to add a ray of light (Light of Meridia) or something else to the group members. But everything else, like add a marker icon on enemies head, change the look or size, change the color or the selection frame, or change sounds of effects or the effects of skills, is not possible.
Umm, so if we can only effect ui, would it be possible to; if bait enemy type is within radius and view-sight of player show a green box where said enemy is?. The only issue with this is to have the box automatically scale to said enemies dimensions at xxx distance cause you would want the ui to be noticeable but not intrusive. Also, not sure if the game categorizes bait type enemies so that's another hurdle.

Idk, just wish I could see those dam frogs, rats, bunnies and butterflies easier.

Last edited by Jord56 : 12/27/20 at 11:26 AM.
12/27/20, 01:44 PM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Nop,e as I said: No info about position of any unit you see if you are NOT GROUPED with it.
There is no way to check where any box should be drawn as you cannot group the enemies or items.

Just use the TAB key to tab between targets if you run around, should show you the surrounding broder for normal critters as well.
12/29/20, 02:23 PM   #5
wambo
if you are targeting one I guess you can make said green box appear around cursor... but at that point you probably already found it...

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » ESO Addon Request!