Quantcast ESOutpost Launches - ESOUI
Thread Tools Display Modes
05/14/14, 10:54 AM   #1
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling
 
Dolby's Avatar
Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,149
ESOutpost Launches


Our friends at ZAM Network have officially launched ESOutpost.com, a heavily requested service allowing players to buy and trade gold/items using a web based interface and companion add-on. One of the most discussed features not present in Elder Scrolls Online is a public auction house, and the game’s developer, Zenimax, has already stated that they have no plans to create one. ESOutpost.com plans to fill that void with a fully featured, user-friendly experience.

Want to list some items for trade? Check out this short video:
The AddOn is available on Minion and also right here.
  Reply With Quote
05/14/14, 12:24 PM   #2
CatoTheElder
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 44
There goes the market.... again.

EDIT: Sorry, that wasn't very informative. Let me explain.

First of all, the primary gold sink in this game currently is market listing fees. Although they've been cut down, they're still significant. In 1.1, this will be increased via bidding wars for public guild market stores in cities. So, this will result in mass gold collection, devaluing the items in game, and making it harder for those starting out.

Second, a non-centralized economy is far more... "interesting", and allows for better trading opportunities. There is still a lot of access available, with 5 guild slots, and publicly available guild stores at keeps, resources, and soon in cities. You just have to do a tad bit more travelling, if you can't immediately find what you want.

Take a look at real world economics right now. Globally centralized markets are a really bad idea, and as a result, nearly every "first world" country is in debt to a tune of 100 billion+ (trillions for the more militaristic ones).

Last edited by CatoTheElder : 05/14/14 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Provided further info on the market problem this creates.
  Reply With Quote
05/16/14, 07:34 AM   #3
Greevir
 
Greevir's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 22
Where do we ask questions about ESOutpost? For example, I see a rep stat in my profile. How do you give or take rep from a person?
  Reply With Quote
05/16/14, 08:33 AM   #4
ElChristo
 
ElChristo's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 7
Pretty cool site, but you've gotta add a feature to filter between NA and EU servers.
  Reply With Quote
05/16/14, 09:15 AM   #5
ingeniousclown
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 125
Originally Posted by CatoTheElder View Post
There goes the market.... again.

EDIT: Sorry, that wasn't very informative. Let me explain.

First of all, the primary gold sink in this game currently is market listing fees. Although they've been cut down, they're still significant. In 1.1, this will be increased via bidding wars for public guild market stores in cities. So, this will result in mass gold collection, devaluing the items in game, and making it harder for those starting out.

Second, a non-centralized economy is far more... "interesting", and allows for better trading opportunities. There is still a lot of access available, with 5 guild slots, and publicly available guild stores at keeps, resources, and soon in cities. You just have to do a tad bit more travelling, if you can't immediately find what you want.

Take a look at real world economics right now. Globally centralized markets are a really bad idea, and as a result, nearly every "first world" country is in debt to a tune of 100 billion+ (trillions for the more militaristic ones).
I agree with this. I can see ZOS trying to shut this down, as this directly circumvents a VERY important design decision that they made and based the game's economy around.

However, this project is still really neat and I hope for the sake of everyone involved that this Black Market isn't shut down
  Reply With Quote
05/16/14, 09:55 AM   #6
fewyn
Esohead Staff
 
fewyn's Avatar
Premium Member
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 43
Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
Where do we ask questions about ESOutpost? For example, I see a rep stat in my profile. How do you give or take rep from a person?
After the trade has been accepted by both parties on the site there will be buttons to give rep listed on the trade page. A green one for positive (the trade was good), red for negative (like if they tried to give you the wrong item, were lying or anything similar), or grey (where there was no trade done and no rep will be given).
__________________
Esohead
<Community Manager>
  Reply With Quote
05/20/14, 06:26 PM   #7
thelegendaryof
 
thelegendaryof's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 161
Wow jealous of the Addon & Page! Neat and slick UI (both of 'em)!

Good work!
  Reply With Quote
05/20/14, 10:09 PM   #8
umarmung
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 10
Why is it necessary to add any information or stats at all to item links, as illustrated the video?

Do items in this game not have unique identifiers that match exactly that item?

Otherwise, this is a superb idea!
  Reply With Quote
05/20/14, 10:26 PM   #9
Seerah
Fishing Trainer
 
Seerah's Avatar
WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 651
Like in Diablo, ESO items are randomly generated upon the creation of that item (looking a corpse, opening a chest, etc.). Items have a base item ID and an instance ID. Every item with the same name will have the same base item ID. This does not change, even though enchants and stats will be different from item to item. The instance ID is the identifier of that specific instance of the item. It is only useful to the client itself and the game devs.

The ESO API is limited in how much data may be gathered (and how that data is gathered) about items, unfortunately. For example, there are two ways to look at an item's level, which may give two different numbers. (The level might be weighted, return 0 instead of a level requirement, or just 50 for every VR Rank.) This is why some data must be entered into the addon and/or confirmed by you.

A future version of the addon will have enchant detection, though. I could do it based on the suffix added to the item name, but that would need to be localized. Another way is to look at the enchant id in the item link, but that requires compiling a list of every enchant ID. (Something that has been started, but not completed yet.)

/edit: also in an AMA on Reddit, a dev said that they will add API for the detection of weapon and armor types. This should (hopefully) eliminate the dropdown for staff type as well, and allow me to not have to use a hack to figure this stuff out.

Last edited by Seerah : 05/20/14 at 10:29 PM.
  Reply With Quote
05/21/14, 02:16 AM   #10
thelegendaryof
 
thelegendaryof's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 161
A small question - How are you generating that item-data?

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info4...izedItems.html

As in is there a better way to extract info? Basically I'm parsing the Itemlinks and extract Template ID, Levelrequirement, Enchantment ID and Quality and then am generating the name with the Database I've grabbed from ESOHEAD and generate the names dynamically. The things I struggle with a bit is the Veteran Rank detection (I extract that info from the Quality of the Item >50 x1-x9) and the Crafting Style detection - the later one I didn't figure out yet.

However I feel this is all a bit unreliable - even thought the results are pretty good and stable. I'd love to extract info from the Tooltip instead but as you probably know it 's absolutely locked out of API access concerning Item Infos.
  Reply With Quote
05/21/14, 10:28 AM   #11
Seerah
Fishing Trainer
 
Seerah's Avatar
WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 651
I grab some data from the item link, other data from a few random functions in the API, and the rest from a table of item data stored on the inventory control itself. Anything left that I can't grab (like staff type) or isn't reliable (like VR ranks) is something to edit in the GUI.
  Reply With Quote
05/21/14, 06:25 PM   #12
thelegendaryof
 
thelegendaryof's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 161
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
I grab some data from the item link, other data from a few random functions in the API, and the rest from a table of item data stored on the inventory control itself. Anything left that I can't grab (like staff type) or isn't reliable (like VR ranks) is something to edit in the GUI.
Sight ... here I hoped there was a magical solution to it I overlucked. I wish they'd introduce a proper API for getting those Infos without using such tricky solutions grabbing data from multiple sources and constructing the data ourselves.
Lets hope for 1.xxxxxxx4 - unless they only remove stuff again.
  Reply With Quote

ESOUI » Site Forums » News » ESOutpost Launches

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off