09/19/14, 09:59 PM   #1
AFlyingMoa
I keep getting this error ingame

EsoUI/Libraries/Utility/ZO_FadingControlBuffer.lua:259: function expected instead of nil
stack traceback:
EsoUI/Libraries/Utility/ZO_FadingControlBuffer.lua:259: in function 'ZO_FadingControlBuffer:DisplayMessage'
EsoUI/Libraries/Utility/ZO_FadingControlBuffer.lua:65: in function 'ZO_FadingControlBuffer:AddMessage'
EsoUI/Ingame/AlertText/AlertText.lua:25: in function 'InternalPerformAlert'
EsoUI/Ingame/AlertText/AlertText.lua:34: in function 'ZO_Alert'
EsoUI/Ingame/AlertText/AlertText.lua:64: in function 'OnAlertEvent'|r

I usually get this error about twice every time I load into the world and I have no idea what is causing it.
09/20/14, 12:23 AM   #2
Ayantir

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
That's not an addon problem, but ESOUI internal code wich fails. I got it sometimes too (in 1.3, never got it for now in 1.4)

You can try to do a reparation via the launcher. (above news on clicking on game options)

Maybe delete ZO_Ingame.lua in Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\liveeu\SavedVariables if it doesn't help.
09/20/14, 04:05 AM   #3
Garkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Do you use Azurah? Version 2.04 comes with the new function which changes alignment of the alert texts and in some cases it can cause this UI error. However it was fixed in the latest version 2.05, so if you are using the latest version, this should never happen.
09/23/14, 11:11 PM   #4
AFlyingMoa
I was using Azurah 2.04 and I just downloaded the 2.05 so thank you Ayantir and Garkin for your responses!

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » I keep getting this error ingame