11/17/21, 02:05 PM   #21
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by andy.s View Post
It would be nice to see a list of changes to core classes next time too. ZO_ObjectPool doesn't set the default resetFunction anymore, which caused some oddities in my addon that were hard to track based just on a few user reports of controls staying on screen when they shouldn't. Had to dive deep into the class code, which is not a problem, but it could've been avoided if I had known where to look sooner
Nice to know. Thank you andy.s.

This one? https://github.com/esoui/esoui/blob/...ctpool.lua#L35
Seems we need to manually add "ZO_ObjectPool_DefaultResetControl" now as "resetFunction" parameter to the call of ZO_ObjectPool, or what is the change needed here to solve your bug?

I recently noticed some weird "frozen" (not removed/hiden?) lines in the merTorchbug table lines here and there which I never noticed before.
Maybe it got to do with it.

Thank you!

Last edited by Baertram : 11/17/21 at 02:09 PM.
11/17/21, 02:25 PM   #22
Sharlikran

Dan already mentioned we would have to make or override the reset function. I just forget how he worded it. He mentioned it would change prior to even making the change.
11/17/21, 06:12 PM   #23
andy.s
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
Nice to know. Thank you andy.s.

This one? https://github.com/esoui/esoui/blob/...ctpool.lua#L35
Seems we need to manually add "ZO_ObjectPool_DefaultResetControl" now as "resetFunction" parameter to the call of ZO_ObjectPool, or what is the change needed here to solve your bug?

I recently noticed some weird "frozen" (not removed/hiden?) lines in the merTorchbug table lines here and there which I never noticed before.
Maybe it got to do with it.

Thank you!
Yeh, it might cause small visual bugs in several addons because objects are not automatically hidden anymore. Basically, anything that can obviously (like in this example) break backward compatibility would be nice to have mentioned somewhere
11/18/21, 05:07 AM   #24
sirinsidiator

Seeing how the ingame code still relies on resetFunction being an optional argument in many places, I feel this is more of a bug than an intended change and should be fixed in the game.

EDIT: I clarified it with Dan. The reason it was removed was because the ingame code truly does not need a reset function in some cases and in the past they would pass in function() end, which is quite awful. The new behavior is that the reset function is completely optional and if you need one you have to pass in either a custom function, ZO_ObjectPool_DefaultResetObject or ZO_ObjectPool_DefaultResetControl.

Last edited by sirinsidiator : 11/18/21 at 09:42 AM.
11/18/21, 10:11 AM   #25
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Thanks andy.s, siri and ZOsDanBatson for the info!

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Tutorials & Other Helpful Info » Update 32 (Version 7.2)