04/07/14, 02:18 PM   #1
Jsabotin
Hidden or missing Mac /documents/elder scrolls online folder (and therefore addons)

It seems all add-on websites for Mac list the path to put the add-on folder as:
Documents/Elder Scrolls Online/live/addons

I installed the client during the final beta/load test, and no matter how much finder searching I do, I don't see that particular path on my computer at all, anywhere. I don't have any reference to elder scrolls anything in my documents folder.

The ONLY area of folders filled with anything seems to be:
applications/ZeniMax Online/The Elder Scrolls Online/(and here there are folders called "depot", "game_mac", and "vo_en".

I initially tried putting an Addons folder in this general folder, then I tried dropping it in the various sub-folders. None work (in terms of having the add-ons show up).

There is absolutely nothing in my documents folder from ESO.

I *do* have two drives.. an SSD system drive and a regular HD storage drive. The game files live on my storage drive. There is a ZeniMax Online folder in my applications folder of my boot drive, but it only contains the Launcher.

Anyone else run into this problem? Anyone have an idea that might allow me to find the proper path? Game runs perfectly in every aspect, so I KNOW this folder should fit somewhere!

Is this something i might need to build from scratch? As in, not only creating an AddOns folder, but that entire folder thread in Documents? I feel like something is hidden or something. Are there other folders in that Documents/elder scrolls online/ that I might search for to see if I can track it?

Thanks for any advice.
04/07/14, 02:28 PM   #2
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
*chuckle* We're both responding to each other in both forums (here and o). My latest reply over there is:

Other folders/files that live in that path are:

Errors <- folder
Logs <- folder
SavedVariables <- folder
Screenshots <- folder
AddOnSettings.txt <- file
ShaderCache.cooked <- file
UserSettings.txt <- file
04/08/14, 07:20 AM   #3
Jsabotin
Solved problem by manually creating the folders on my SSD system drive. My main user folder was on my storage/secondary drive, but the game install didn't support that setup, so it just wasn't creating it. Once I made all the folders in the proper path and created my user folder on the system drive, everything worked peachy.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Hidden or missing Mac /documents/elder scrolls online folder (and therefore addons)