05/09/14, 04:01 PM   #1
umarmung
Addon to store Quest History

This is a very simple but powerful concept but I cannot seem to find an addon for it anywhere.

How difficult would it be to track and show what quests you have completed, please?
05/09/14, 05:14 PM   #2
Xrystal
caritas omnia vincit

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Seeing as there doesn't seem to be a function to grab your quest history the only real benefit of this would be for new characters. But looking at the functions that are available it seems a plausible idea.

Seeing as I am an altoholic quester/crafter I'll mark this down as a possible project, but you never know one may be in production already.
05/09/14, 05:31 PM   #3
umarmung
Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
Seeing as there doesn't seem to be a function to grab your quest history the only real benefit of this would be for new characters. But looking at the functions that are available it seems a plausible idea.

Seeing as I am an altoholic quester/crafter I'll mark this down as a possible project, but you never know one may be in production already.
Not necessarily just new characters. The game essentially forces you to start over on the same character by doing every faction other than your own.

Also, with many people doing quests and storing them, collectively there's a lot of shared information that could be used to form a database that could act as a checklist for example, especially if the list contained XP/Veteran Points information.

Thank you for your input and consideration!
05/09/14, 05:58 PM   #4
Kentarii
Have you taken a look at my addon yet?
11/19/15, 10:35 AM   #5
Leah Ann
Request: Quest Query Server

I'm going to take a chance here and revive a long dead conversation.

Years ago I played WoW. I had a quest addon that queried the server to compile a list of completed, in progress, uncompleted, and failed quests for each zone. It was awesome. If you wanted to know if you finished all the quests on any certain map, you just looked at the list.

I have not been able to find any such addon for this game.

Is there one, or is there one in development?
11/19/15, 11:50 AM   #6
haggen

Leah, can you tell me more about what you envision? I might be up to the task :P
Describe how the addon would interact, what features, or a few use cases.
11/21/15, 02:10 PM   #7
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
You could use an addon like Destinations (which shows you the locations of quests on the map) to see which addons are missing in your "history".
Or I think there might be other addons too, named "Quest Map" or similar.
03/14/16, 10:27 AM   #8
Leah Ann
Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post

Thank you for considering this!
03/16/16, 02:28 PM   #9
CaptainBlagbird

Hi, I made an add-on "Quest Log" for logging completed/started/abandoned quests a while ago. It logs time/location/questname.

Since then ZOS made it possible to get a list of completed quests automatically which I now use for Quest Map. With that add-on you can display completed/started quests on the map and also in a list (plus other features like filtering for skill point quests etc.).
03/18/16, 12:16 AM   #10
Leah Ann
Originally Posted by haggen View Post
Leah, can you tell me more about what you envision? I might be up to the task :P
Describe how the addon would interact, what features, or a few use cases.
All it needs to do is query the server (if they let you) and display a list of completed, in progress, failed, and not attempted quests. Each category in it's own tabbed window. WoW had some really good ones, they also provided tips and information about the quests, and some of them automatically loaded the quests as you change maps.

We likely don't need anything that fancy, yet. Just to be able to see what has been done and what has not.

Thank you for considering this!
03/18/16, 12:18 AM   #11
Leah Ann
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
You could use an addon like Destinations (which shows you the locations of quests on the map) to see which addons are missing in your "history".
Or I think there might be other addons too, named "Quest Map" or similar.
True, but none of them can tell you which ones you have already done. I tried some of them and they made a wreck of my map, put markers in places where NPCs were not located, and indicated quests were not done that actually were done. It was a real mess.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Addon to store Quest History