01/11/19, 04:15 AM   #1
Lifeseeker128

Is there an addon to automate bulk-crafting normal writ gear?

I want to find an addon which either automates crafting writ equipment in bulk or remembers what list of equipment I crafted before and offers to craft them all again upon approaching the appropriate stations. I want a "Daily Equipment" if you will, with bulk crafting options.

I am aware of the Lazy Writ Crafter addon and the Daily Alchemy and Provisioning addons, but I have yet to find an addon which does the bulk crafting from those Daily addons but for equipment professions. I'd at least like to craft it all in advance for three days if not six or a number of days non-divisible by three.

To my knowledge, Lazy Writ Crafter has yet to implement a "bulk creation" functionality for the equipment professions. That may be a feature request to the addon's author, but it's one that I'd rather make later.

Due to systemic reasons, one cannot simply have a main crafter create all the equipment for alts to turn in. Instead, they have to have each alt create gear in bulk for their own future writs. This limitation doesn't apply to Alchemy or Provisioning, yet I want to be able to pre-craft ALL my writ items without having to cycle through each crafting station every day.

I'd rather not craft equipment ad-hock for all my alts, no matter how automated it already has become, and going through each of my 15 characters one at a time with Lazy Set Crafter to craft this equipment just sounds tedious without some form of favorites list to click "go" on. I don't want to have to click through numerous menus to set up the next week's bulk order.

I've considered using a bot for just my crafting writ cycle in all 15 characters, but there's too much set-up and risk involved. Using an addon for bulk creation is an alternative which is well within the bounds of ESO terms of use. I'd prefer not to get on ZOS's bad side.

Lazy Set Crafter comes close to what I want, but there's no way for it to remember what equipment I've had it craft before and have it craft the same items again. Another feature request for later.

If an addon of this nature already exists for equipment, let me know. Otherwise, I'll submit an addon/feature request to the appropriate forums/addon authors.

Ideally, the daily writ process should become: activate equipment writs board, wait for Lazy Writ Crafter to collect quests, go to the consumables board, activate and wait, go to the turn-in boxes, activate and wait, vendor/bank the rewards, repeat this 15 times daily without going insane, and resupply each character with fresh writ equipment once the week is done -- and no sooner. No excess travel. No wasted materials. No undue frustration with interfaces.

The addon I have in mind should make the whole "resupply for next week" step less daunting. Until recently, I spent nearly an hour a day on the entire writ process, including running to each and every station to craft the equipment which doesn't stack. And I know that the equipment and enchanting items take up a lot of space in bulk (roughly 36 slots of inventory for three days worth of writ equipment and enchantments).

The excessive use of player bag space should be up to a user's discretion. I'm just looking for an addon which fills my character inventories with useful writ stuff each week without having to think much about it or the logistics of each character's skills. I'd like the addon to auto-pick what style of equipment to craft from what's available and automatically craft only the equipment which typically gets used in normal writs.

That's every heavy piece except the belt; every light piece except the hands; every wood-based item with bows, resto staves, and shields made in duplicate; and only medium helm, arm cops, and bracers. All get made with their appropriate materials and material amounts per character's skill level. And for the hell of it, it should help with crafting all the basic glyphs (that's health, stamina, and magicka for armor), even though that's not as big of a problem. I don't want it to just tell me what to craft and how much. I want it to actually craft it all as I visit each station just once a week.

Thank you in advance for any help provided.

PS: just so you know, I copy-pasted much of this post from my own discussion in the Steam Community forums for this game... I haven't had much luck getting answers over there for other things so far, and this seems like a more programming-savvy crowd anyway. MY kind of crowd.

Last edited by Lifeseeker128 : 01/11/19 at 04:22 AM.
01/11/19, 04:57 AM   #2
Schaf92
In case someone is going to implement this, the crafting writs (except for provisioning) cycle in this order:
https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscroll...ycle_analysis/
So except for provisioning, the addon could easily craft only the required equipment.
01/11/19, 06:42 AM   #3
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I've considered using a bot for just my crafting writ cycle
Yep, you already said: Too much risk. But go on to talk about this if you want your account to be banned

I'd say: Use Lazy Set Crafter, ask for a "favorites" or "Build list" feature and you are setup for the easy crafting.
01/11/19, 03:16 PM   #4
Lifeseeker128

Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
Yep, you already said: Too much risk. But go on to talk about this if you want your account to be banned

I'd say: Use Lazy Set Crafter, ask for a "favorites" or "Build list" feature and you are setup for the easy crafting.
Thanks for the warning. I think I'll go ahead and try to contact the author of Lazy Set/Writ Crafter with some ideas while I do my writs today. Aside from that, I was considering making an addon of my own to do just what I described, a plugin for Lazy Set Crafter to keep hold of a favorites list. I'm still holding out hope that someone has already made an addon to keep track of the aforementioned writ cycle and helps craft the equipment for several days in advance.

Last edited by Lifeseeker128 : 01/11/19 at 03:19 PM.
01/14/19, 08:58 PM   #5
cag_dk

Tinydog's Crafting Calculator has the option to save a worklist,
not sure if that helps since the ability to actually craft the items is on the "possible future options"-list,
but like Beartram said.. if you ask, maybe your prayers will be heard
01/18/19, 01:47 PM   #6
Lifeseeker128

Thanks for the heads up. I'll be looking into ways to perhaps combine this functionality between DLSC with Tinydog's mod until a proper auto-crafting list addon with save/load functions can arise. I'm still trying to figure out how to properly code for addons on a basic level, though. It might take awhile. In the mean time, I might try to contact Tinydog with some ideas and pleading.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Is there an addon to automate bulk-crafting normal writ gear?