01/15/19, 11:03 PM   #1
Laicus
[Request] Hide my location

I really need a mod that will completely hide the pointer of my location.
With GPS, playing is too easy and boring.

Last edited by Laicus : 01/15/19 at 11:08 PM.
01/16/19, 04:40 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I only found this so far:
https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info...e-players.html
01/16/19, 05:37 AM   #3
Laicus
I made a transparent arrow, but after opening the map, a dot flickers in its place for a couple of seconds, I do not know how to remove it.
01/16/19, 07:51 AM   #4
NTak

I love the idea.
I hope you'll find out !
01/16/19, 10:12 AM   #5
Laicus
Not sure if I can clearly explain, my English is very bad. For myself, I found a solution, but I’m not a programmer, and I’m not even interested in what to open the game archives to get the right texture, so my solution is very crooked. I used three mods - Votan's Map Pin Colors, TrueExploration and Arch's Enhanced Map. With the first one, I made the arrow transparent, in the second I changed the Discovered Opacity to 235 and made the texture undiscovered.dds homogeneous — the color RGB 255 255 196 (with a smaller value, the blinking point becomes noticeable). Using the third, I reduced the size of the blinking point, but this is not necessary, since now it can only be seen when it hits the target icon (or the other icon on the map).
If someone could find the texture of this flash and make a mod replacing the arrow texture (Pointer1.dds) and the flash texture with transparent ones - this would be the right mod, not my perversion.
And in addition to this, a mod would be needed that would describe in more detail the location of the quest goal, as was done in TES III or in the Even Better Quest Objectives mod for Skyrim.
01/16/19, 12:40 PM   #6
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Quest goals description addon:
I highly doubt that anyone will create such a huge database of new texts, even only in English, or multilanguage.
This takes about a life time :-)
01/16/19, 08:08 PM   #7
Dolgubon

Personally, I prefer this snippet of code to messing with textures:
ZO_MapPin0:SetHidden(true) ZO_MapPin0.SetHidden = function() end

This first hides the marker. Then, it deletes the function to make it visible again.

It's maybe not 100% robust because I don't know if ZO_MapPin0 is always the player arrow, but seems like it is with my quick check.

Put it in the initialized function of any addon, and it should work (or do it in chat by doing /script before it)

You could do something similar with the quest markers.
01/17/19, 01:14 AM   #8
Laicus
Originally Posted by Dolgubon View Post
ZO_MapPin0:SetHidden(true) ZO_MapPin0.SetHidden = function() end
Thank you so much! Everything worked out.
I'm amazed where you get the information about the names of these functions (such as ZO_MapPin0) in the game?
01/17/19, 03:28 AM   #9
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Check the game soruce code at the appropriate files, use addons like ZGOO ingame to et control names, ask in communities, check other addon's code, ...

https://github.com/esoui/esoui/tree/master/esoui

https://github.com/esoui/esoui/searc...ed_q=ZO_MapPin
01/17/19, 04:43 AM   #10
Laicus
Thanks again! For me, the immersive effect is very important in games, in single-player TES this is easier to achieve, but now in the ESO there is a feeling that the card is in the hands, and not a tablet with Google Maps. I play without a compass and now I have to compare the map with the terrain - at least some element of the quest. The game lacks a logical component, the gameplay is very noticeable, as in Skyrim.
It remains to figure out with True Exploration, that there would always be a "fog of war" in the caves on the map, and in cities the map was displayed normally, but it would be impossible for me to do this.
And for complete happiness, I would like to remove the red above the head of the enemy when he found you and circles on the ground, denoting the zone of action of magic effects and lanterns of the guards. All this is some kind of kindergarten, reminds idiotic mobile rpg.
01/17/19, 05:50 AM   #11
Laicus
I coped with True Exploration, in TrueExploration.lua changed the radius to 0 for caves and increased the radius for cities.
01/17/19, 08:01 PM   #12
Dolgubon

In this case, I found it by using /zgoo mouse (with the zgoo addon ofc) and then using GetChildredn and GetParent to navigate through, and doing togglehidden on most of the elements which I found. Eventually, the arrow hides and unhides. Then it's a matter of destroying the SetHidden function
01/29/19, 09:10 AM   #13
Laicus
I would also like to complicate the game - on the map, replace the pin of all tasks (active and inactive) with a circle with a diameter about 2 times the size of the original task pin, so that it would be more difficult to find a goal and that tasks with exact indication of a goal would not differ from tasks with search in a specific area.
02/03/19, 09:03 AM   #14
votan

I added this feature to https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info...PinColors.html.
02/03/19, 10:56 AM   #15
Laicus
Also need to deactivate the Current Location in the map menu and/or completely disable zoom.
02/03/19, 12:15 PM   #16
votan

Originally Posted by Laicus View Post
Also need to deactivate the Current Location in the map menu and/or completely disable zoom.
My mini map has an option for not zooming to player. But for the rest, one really needs a new addon.
02/11/19, 03:11 AM   #17
OlafVeschiy
Originally Posted by votan View Post
Thank you! very good option!
02/11/19, 03:27 AM   #18
Laicus
Some quests simply have to be without a target pointer, for example when you are asked to find something and it is implied that the location of the target is unknown. For exteriors, without a better description of the goal of the quest, this is not feasible, but for interiors it would be nice to have a setting that allows you to disable the target pointer on the map, and also the ability to assign a button to display the target pointer on the map.
And so that the player does not get confused at all, there should be a mark on the map that the goal is in this interior.

Last edited by Laicus : 02/11/19 at 03:42 AM.
02/12/19, 04:56 PM   #19
OlafVeschiy
Originally Posted by Laicus View Post
If someone could find the texture of this flash and make a mod replacing the arrow texture (Pointer1.dds) and the flash texture with transparent ones - this would be the right mod, not my perversion.
I finded a way- need install FCOChangeStuff
Then open file FCOCS_map.lua and change
animation:SetScaleValues(0, 0) in PinPingPong section
after it, set pinf pong option in mod setting

but map steel center on player, and we can se plaer label when cussor on player space on map
02/12/19, 06:49 PM   #20
Laicus
Originally Posted by OlafVeschiy View Post
I finded a way
This is no longer necessary, the problem has long been solved, the code works perfectly:
ZO_MapPin0:SetHidden(true)
ZO_MapPin0.SetHidden = function()
end

Zoom removed using Map tools, in the ZoomLimit.lua file, though not entirely correct, to stop zooming, you need to change the map view at least once (for example, go to the region map from the cave map).
The ability to turn off the exact target indicator in the interior is simply necessary, without it, many quests, compared to the same original Morrowind, remain very stupid, and in order to make them a little more exciting, you have to constantly climb into the PinKiller settings and disable the target pointer on the map, this is not very convenient, and without a pointer in exteriors, with such a bad description of quests, the goal is often impossible to find.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » [Request] Hide my location