05/12/17, 11:58 AM   #1
Schwindlig
Add-Ons not showing at all

Hi all

I've been trying to sort this out on and off for 3 days now and I feel as though I'm going slightly crazy.

First off I installed Minion, and downloaded the mods through there. Unfortunately no matter how many times I tried directing it to my D: drive rather than my C: it wouldn't listen and put them there. The mods didn't show, so after many times of taking Minion on and off my PC to try different things so I ****ed it off.

So I download all the mods, unpacked and put them all in the AddOn folder manually. When I launched the game now I could see 'Readme' there but nothing else. After another search online I find out something about a .txt file confusing things, so I delete that from one of the mods and try again. Now absolutely nothing.

I then check to see where my computer is saving things. It's all on D: as C: is my SSD for OS, and D: for everything else. No one drive or anything listed (infact I searched my PC but it's not there, I probably purged it along with all the **** when it was new).

So I delete the ESO folder in D:\Documents and launch the game to make sure it is creating there still. It is.

I put the mods in the new AddOn folder, still the same ****.

Am I going mad? Any help would be greatly appreciated, I've only been playing a few months but want to try out trading etc!

https://ibb.co/edQEFk

Last edited by Schwindlig : 05/12/17 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Image not showing with forum code around it?
05/12/17, 01:17 PM   #2
Rhyono
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Show me the inside of one of those folders.

Also: the txt file (not a readme, but the one with the same name as the addon) is a must. You didn't delete those, did you?
05/12/17, 03:44 PM   #3
Schwindlig
Thanks for the reply. I only deleted the .txt file

After ****ing around more later, I got it working (to a degree).

I cleared out all the addons and installed minion again, it - again - said it detected my addons but then didn't list them. No matter how many times I try I can't change the addon folder location on Minion (bug?) from C: to D.

Anyway, I download all the addons again, then just copy the contents of the newly created folder on C: and put it in to the one on D:

Now the addons are working which is cool, but I am getting a message on start up (in game) about something reaching memory and think about disabling addons. and I just got this one when I try and deposit in to the bank

EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/InventorySlot.lua:675: attempt to access a private function 'PickupInventoryItem' from insecure code
stack traceback:
EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/InventorySlot.lua:675: in function 'TryBankItem'
EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/InventorySlot.lua:1459: in function 'OnSelect'
EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_ContextMenus/ZO_ContextMenus.lua:419: in function 'ZO_Menu_ClickItem'
ZO_MenuItem1_MouseUp:4: in function '(main chunk)'

This is what my current Addon folder looks like.
https://ibb.co/gVSrT5

And inside MM
https://ibb.co/nbdy85
05/12/17, 04:28 PM   #4
Rhyono
The memory message is because ZoS sets the default lua memory really low. In the UserSetting file, search for LuaMemory and change the number to something much bigger (like 1024).

The error is caused by using the guild store before opening your inventory. It'll probably be fixed on release with Morrowind, but that's the simple fix for now.
05/12/17, 10:54 PM   #5
BigMons

Originally Posted by Rhyono View Post
The memory message is because ZoS sets the default lua memory really low. In the UserSetting file, search for LuaMemory and change the number to something much bigger (like 1024).
Here is the UserSettings.txt file and the line that you need to modify to get rid of the memory limit error. I have it set to 384. I forget the default, probably 64. Yours is not on drive S: like mine though.
Warning: Spoiler

In Minion, I have this set in options and Minion shows my addons fine and has no issues:

As far as where your system is storing the addons, could you first click on Documents under the Quick access section of Windows Explorer and then click on the spot shown in this picture and tell us what your actual directory path is?

Maybe you already did this, but you have to tell Windows to change the location of your Documents folder somehow. By default, it is going to look to C:\Users\NAME\Documents. I have mine set to S:\Documents, but I don't recall how I changed it. I probably did it during installation. When you click on the Documents shortcut under Quick access in Windows Explorer, it will show the default location, wherever that is, usually your OS drive or C:. I'm just curious if yours is still actually using C: even though you think it is using the directory on D:. I could be wrong too. :/

Last edited by BigMons : 05/12/17 at 10:56 PM.
05/13/17, 08:51 AM   #6
Schwindlig
Thanks for the replies all!

Deffo in D:, along with the game. I only have windows and 1 or 2 programs on C:

That shows default save locations on my PC.

Are those LUA number for MB of RAM? I've put it on 2048 so I'll give it a try and see what happens.

This is the path on minion;

If I change it it doesn't seem to register and if I close the program then run it again it's back on C:

I was just looking in to Shissu's but I'm guessing this lua code bit is doing the same thing?
05/13/17, 01:25 PM   #7
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
The lua memory is megabytes and it is taking the megabytes from your available memory (RAM).
2048 should be enough to play a long time without any notices (as long as you don't use addons like Master Mechant on a frequently base).
05/14/17, 08:06 AM   #8
Schwindlig
I'm pretty much using it all the time, I've joined 4 big trade guilds in the last couple of days and am loving it. I have 64gb DDR4 so should I put the limit up?
05/14/17, 08:11 AM   #9
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
As long as you do not get any error message telling you that he lua memory is getting low, I wouldn't.
05/14/17, 08:38 AM   #10
Rhyono
2GB should keep the message from popping up. Let's say that amount is reached: you'll get the lua warning and then the game will keep working without a problem. It's not so much a limit as it is a "friendly reminder."
05/14/17, 09:45 PM   #11
BigMons

I haven't played much in the last 6 months. Back when I was active, I was using quite a few addons, including Master Merchant. I was in a couple of trade guilds also. I never received any LUA errors with mine set to 384MB, so you should be more than good.

Also, the PTS Patch Notes v3.0.2 states:
  • Removed the UI error that appears when reaching 64MB of LUA memory usage.
So this may not even be an issue once the Morrowind update goes live, assuming this carries over. I don't even see the option in the UserSettings.txt file anymore for my PTS client.

As to why your Minion will not save the correct directory path, I don't know. Without that, I guess Minion won't work because it would keep trying to install your addons and update them on the wrong drive. That's a bummer; Minion makes it much simpler to keep up with addon updates. The only things that I may have done differently than you is I installed Minion to D:\Minion instead of the default location. I believe I am using the 64bit version of Minion 3.0.5. I also must have changed the location of my documents differently than you.

The window you show above (settings>system>storage>change where new content is saved) still shows my locations as C: for everything. However, my music, documents, and downloads are being saved on drive S. The only other way that I know to change this outside of the window that you posted, is to right-click on Documents under Quick access and go to properties. In the resulting window, click the Location tab and change it there. That may be how I did it. My current Windows installation still has the /users folder on C, but I don't use it since I keep everything stored on S. I must have changed it through Quick access properties. I don't know if that has a bearing on Minion. You should be able to tell Minion the correct place and have it save regardless.

Last edited by BigMons : 05/14/17 at 10:19 PM.
05/14/17, 09:46 PM   #12
Rhyono
I get them occasionally at 1GB with stringent MM filters...
05/14/17, 10:33 PM   #13
BigMons

Originally Posted by Rhyono View Post
I get them occasionally at 1GB with stringent MM filters...
Wow, I guess maybe MM has changed a bit in the 6 months since I last used it. I never got lua errors back then with it set to 384MB. Hopefully they are doing away with the lua limit error for Morrowind and it won't matter anymore.
05/14/17, 10:46 PM   #14
Rhyono
It's not my only addon contributing to that, of course, but it does tend to be the one to push things over the top.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Add-Ons not showing at all