04/12/19, 01:56 PM   #1
Function
Party Members Location

Hello, today I have decided that I would like to try and develop an addon for ESO. I would like to start with a simple calculation of distance between myself a party member which is just the distance between two points, my problem is how to get the second point (for the party member). From my research I saw that I will need to use sirinsidiator's LibGPS2 for global positioning due to the maps using different indexing. I also saw in the ESOUI API that I could use "GetMapPlayerPosition('player')" to get my own coordinates but nothing on how to get a party members. Is this possible? If so would someone be kind enough to teach me?

Thank you for any help,
Function
04/12/19, 02:21 PM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The group (party) members got tags like you got "player", they will be group1, group2 etc.
Maybe it works with GetMapPlayerPosition(groupN) then.

btw: there are already addons calculating the distance to something, maybe you can inspect them to learn how it is done. WAypointIt I think shows the distance to a waypoint you have set (if I remember correctly).
04/12/19, 04:16 PM   #3
Function
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
The group (party) members got tags like you got "player", they will be group1, group2 etc.
Maybe it works with GetMapPlayerPosition(groupN) then.

btw: there are already addons calculating the distance to something, maybe you can inspect them to learn how it is done. WAypointIt I think shows the distance to a waypoint you have set (if I remember correctly).
Perfect, thank you so much Baertram.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Party Members Location