08/04/14, 07:27 PM   #1
Sp00sty
Post patch 1.3.3 All variables reset Paste Archive No Fix

//SOLVED// Have to revert all 8-3 saved variables to ["@Accountname"]

As expected patch day reset all my addon variables including screen display settings etc.

Before I had always been able to paste my backup variables from a safe archive the night before and get right back to the same screen display settings (addons).

So far after several pastes and re-pastes there is no change. It is if the game isn't even reading the variables.

I checked folder read-only settings and verified the copy-paste using Notepad++ compare.

I know they have disabled Social and Display Name functions temporarily on the NA server.

Has something changed in how variables are applied? Maybe just because of the Guild-Social-Display name issues?

Any help appreciated before I start manually resetting them all and especially if the archive process is no longer a patch day safety option.

Thanks

Last edited by Sp00sty : 08/04/14 at 07:58 PM. Reason: solved
08/04/14, 07:33 PM   #2
Randactyl
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Havent been able to verify as ive been at work for most of the day, but from what ive heard, 1.3 fixed the display name function that was broken in 1.2. If you have a copy of your saved vars from before 1.2, they should work.

edit: yep. GetDisplayName() was fixed http://www.esoui.com/forums/showthre...1141#post11141

Last edited by Randactyl : 08/04/14 at 07:43 PM.
08/04/14, 07:56 PM   #3
Sp00sty
Yeah I just found the issue in Harvest map.

Thankfully Notepad++ I can manually revert on my archive from last night.

Thanks
08/06/14, 02:35 PM   #4
pinstripesc
I neglected to backup my addons, am I out of luck?
08/06/14, 02:51 PM   #5
Sp00sty
This is my experience, others may have different results.

You can re-apply any Savedvariables you have ever backed up. Again we are talking the Savedvariables files not the Addon main folders. (\MyDocuments\Elder Scrolls Online\live\SavedVariables)

If it is HarvestMap or any other that catalogs data, open that Savedvariables file and see if the data is still there. If it is, make a backup copy first and then edit the [@Youraccountname] and re-paste it and you should be good to go.

If it is ones that just contain settings, even if you are re-applying the settings manually, they probably aren't sticking. And they won't stick until you also edit the [@Youraccountname].

If you had been using files that all had [""], get Notepad++ and you can replace every instance of that in every file with one search-replace-in-files function.

Last edited by Sp00sty : 08/06/14 at 02:54 PM.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Post patch 1.3.3 All variables reset Paste Archive No Fix