03/24/14, 02:49 PM   #1
oldbone
Restoration Staff - damage type?

What is the damage type? (Physical? Magical?)

Last edited by oldbone : 03/24/14 at 03:08 PM.
03/24/14, 04:03 PM   #2
Vuelhering
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by oldbone View Post
What is the damage type? (Physical? Magical?)
Magical AFAIK, and it scales on Magicka. Same with Destro staff.
03/24/14, 04:40 PM   #3
oldbone
The basic attack damage actually scales on Stamina... but that's not what I'm asking. I'm curious what type of damage it is. Magic? Physical? Fire? etc..
03/24/14, 06:01 PM   #4
Vuelhering
The basic attack damage actually scales on Stamina... but that's not what I'm asking. I'm curious what type of damage it is. Magic? Physical? Fire? etc..
Seriously?

I thought it was simply "magic" damage, not physical/fire/frost/lightning/poison, but if it scales on stamina then I'm probably wrong on that, too. I'll try to find my reference, but I merely filed it into my brain at some point.
03/25/14, 05:43 PM   #5
Vuelhering
Okay, after some checking, I'm nearly positive the basic attack damage scales on magica and weapon damage.

[edit: And as nearly positive as I was, I was wrong. After some MORE checking, the basic attack scales on weapon damage and stamina, like you said! All the skills that use it scale on magicka. Oversight? Dunno.]

In the below video, destruction staff attacks are magical damage and act as spellcasts. (Making the assumption that staves attacks are similar) the basic attacks cannot sneak attack, and are mitigated by spell resist instead of armor, which makes me believe they must be magical.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xr_OIx7bp7g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGOwZHb4sXY

edit: This last video is the one that talks about basic attacks. Wish I saw this first.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiUATvbFDUQ

Last edited by Vuelhering : 03/26/14 at 01:29 AM.
03/26/14, 05:19 AM   #6
oldbone
yup, crazy stuff... I just wish I knew the damage type of Resto staves. Is it Magical Damage?
03/28/14, 07:17 AM   #7
Zombie_Head

yup, crazy stuff... I just wish I knew the damage type of Resto staves. Is it Magical Damage?
When using a Restoration staff, the skills used are Magicka based.

When pointing the staff on an enemy and dealing direct damage, that is based on Weapon Damage (Stamina)

Same applies to the destruction staff, watch the video. The staffs consume magicka to cast spells/abilities/skills, but the actual damage of the staff (heavy or light attacks) are weapon damage (stamina) based.

Someone correct me if i am mistaken O.o

ESOUI » General Discussion » Class Discussions » Restoration Staff - damage type?