06/12/14, 10:27 AM   #1
zgrssd
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Minion hangs while loading the Addon list

In rare cases I have minion hanging itself up while loading the addon list for my user folder. It always hangs itself up after saying it is loading "WarLegend Group Frame" (that is the only constant).
"minion hangs.png"

Just closing it via the forms close button will keep it around in memory with no activity*. I had to close it via taskmanager in order to access the log for posting it here:
"minion hang 2.png"

*As there can be multiple instances of of minion running I did not notice this until posting here

It seems a bit more likely to happen if I start it not instantly, but after the computer has been running for some time.
Operating System: Windows 8.1 x64, with updates from 10.6.2014 (happened before that too).

Logs:
.minion3.zip - that is the logs after closing minion via taksmanager
.minion working.zip - that is the logs after a normal start that happened immediately after I had made the other .zip file
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	minion hangs.PNG
Views:	485
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	299  Click image for larger version

Name:	minion hang 2.PNG
Views:	434
Size:	8.0 KB
ID:	300  
Attached Files
File Type: zip .minion3.zip (10.3 KB, 407 views)
File Type: zip .minion working.zip (11.6 KB, 383 views)
06/12/14, 12:36 PM   #2
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Thanks zgrssd, I'll have out java programmer take a look at this. I've had this happen once or twice my self but wasn't able to find a cause.
06/17/14, 03:36 AM   #3
zgrssd
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I am able to force the issues simply by closing and restarting minion regulary in a sequence. It has all the appearances of a race condition.

A look at the resource monitor shows me that while hung this way Minion has 25 Threads open.
It seems to very slowly coold down the number of threads (1-3 every 15 minutes) so it might actually close itself eventually. Yet none of those threads draw any CPU load.
During normal operation the Thread count is in the 30-40's. Wich seems a bit high for a programm that is just waiting for user input.

If you put in some logging for threads started/ended you might be able to figure out where the race condition happens.

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » Minion hangs while loading the Addon list