07/21/23, 03:53 PM   #1
Ezmaraldaa
Minion can't update addons [Eero router]

Trying to update addons with minion. It just keeps saying (updating) for hours. Tried closing Minion, restarting, and reinstalling. Still doesn't work.
07/22/23, 05:27 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hello, sorry to repeat myself like 1000 times here but there exist sticky threads AND a search function and your topic here was answered many times already...

1st: Please READ as asked in the sticky threads "How to report a bug" AND then provide us your log and xml files.
2nd: Read the troubleshooting guid and try the steps. Especially the Minion 32bit install, "AntiVirus whitelist of Minion and users/.../documents/elder scrolls online/live" folder, and network related steps
3rd: If you use OneDrie and sync your documents folder, disable that please. Eso dislikes it.
07/22/23, 01:18 PM   #3
Ezmaraldaa
Hi, I did try all of that. Using 32 bit Minion and it still doesn't work. Only thing I can think of is I just did a java update, so maybe? I'm on Windows 11, all drivers etc up to date. Here's a SS of one addon not updating.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	unknown_2023.07.22-15.03.png
Views:	155
Size:	106.7 KB
ID:	1589  
07/22/23, 04:27 PM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
If the update get stuck something blocks access to the folders, in most cases.
Please provide your Minion.log and xml file as asked for already, and we might be able to see more details then.
07/23/23, 12:18 PM   #5
cyclonus11
Hi @Bertram:

I am also suddenly having this issue. I ran Minion for years, but only started having this problem a week or so ago. AddOns continue attempting to download, but just spin indefinitely. This happens for both updates to existing addons and new downloads. Things I have done to attempt to fix:

- Uninstalled/Reinstalled client with 32-bit version
- Re-installed under C:\Minion file instead of default
- Updated Java
- Added Minion.exe and Elder Scrolls Online\live folders as exemptions under Windows Defender settings
- Deleted the Minion.xml file and restarted the client
- Not running firewalls or synching with OneDrive
- Confirmed Minion.exe file & Elder Scrolls Online\live folder user permissions
- Confirmed Minion.exe file & Elder Scrolls Online\live folder for read/write settings

Minion.xml and log files are attached with screenshots.

Edit: Using 64-bit Windows 10 Pro
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot1.png
Views:	146
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	1590  Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot2.png
Views:	139
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	1591  
Attached Files
File Type: xml minion.xml (6.7 KB, 150 views)
File Type: log minion.log (342.3 KB, 148 views)

Last edited by cyclonus11 : 07/23/23 at 12:28 PM.
07/23/23, 12:49 PM   #6
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Hi cyclonus11,

Error in log says Cannot connect to esoui files:
Code:
g.minion.service.DownloadService:call(81): Catching org.apache.http.conn.HttpHostConnectException: Connect to cdn.esoui.com:443
As I said: Please read the trouble shooting guide and try ALL of them, that's why they are listed there
-> Step #13

@Ezmaraldaa:
Without having your log file I can only assume it's the same issue as you sid you updated Java.
So please also try the trouble shooting guide step #13

I've updated the text of step #13 to include the "updating forever" information. Before it only said "No able to connect to the internet", what the logfiles normally tell you (like the copied line above)

Last edited by Baertram : 07/23/23 at 12:53 PM.
07/23/23, 01:20 PM   #7
cyclonus11
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
Hi cyclonus11,

Error in log says Cannot connect to esoui files:
Code:
g.minion.service.DownloadService:call(81): Catching org.apache.http.conn.HttpHostConnectException: Connect to cdn.esoui.com:443
As I said: Please read the trouble shooting guide and try ALL of them, that's why they are listed there
-> Step #13
Hi Baertram,

I tried step #13, and it did not work.

~HOWEVER~

I entered the cdn.esoui.com URL into my browser to see if it would pull anything up, and I got the attached webpage. My router/wifi company had started blocking it. I opened the eero app, and they had just added a "feature" to block downloads from non-secure websites. I added the URL as an exemption in the eero app and it is now working!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	eero secure blocked.png
Views:	170
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	1594  

Last edited by cyclonus11 : 07/23/23 at 01:24 PM.
07/26/23, 12:47 PM   #8
Ezmaraldaa
Finally fixed it! I have a Eero router system with Eero Plus, which blocks stuff. I went to Discover/Advanced Security/ Allow/Block sites. Added ESOUI.com and presto! It was blocking the website totally, I couldn't manually download either. Thanks for your time and effort! I never expected a dang router to mess things up lol!

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » Minion can't update addons [Eero router]