10/17/15, 11:42 PM   #1
Noobanidus

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
GetGuildEventInfo out-of-date

Hey all,

I'm struggling to understand how this works. I've looked through a few addons including the Guild History main lua files from the UESP ESO-Data files, but I can't figure it out: GetGuildEventInfo seems to cache out-of-date information. The actual Guild History main window shows recent information, but calling GetGuildEventInfo(gnum, GUILD_HISTORY_BANK, 1) shows an event from several hours ago.

Logging out and back in resolves this, which tells me that the cache is somewhere on the client side. I've tested with and without RequestGuildHistoryCategoryNewest, but that doesn't seem to make a difference.

I'm guessing there's something pretty obvious that I'm missing. Can anyone help out?

Here's the piece of code I've been experimenting with:

Code:
    while RequestGuildHistoryCategoryNewest(gnum, GUILD_HISTORY_BANK) do
    end

d(GetGuildEventInfo(gnum, GUILD_HISTORY_BANK, 1))
10/17/15, 11:57 PM   #2
Noobanidus

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Disregard. Had an epiphany while I was making coffee; the latest events are at the end of the queue rather than the beginning, perhaps to preserve ordering/prevent having to remake whatever internal data structure the game stores them in... anyway.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » GetGuildEventInfo out-of-date