04/18/14, 06:17 AM   #1
Teel
Killcounter - AvA/PvP

In AvA/Cyrodiil it would be great if there was a way to track how many you & your party have killed in a fight you just had.

If this could be made many of my friends and I would be very happy and use it
04/18/14, 07:11 AM   #2
Stormknight

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Teel View Post
In AvA/Cyrodiil it would be great if there was a way to track how many you & your party have killed in a fight you just had.

If this could be made many of my friends and I would be very happy and use it
There is an event for when someone dies in your vicinity, but addon access to it was removed during beta, so don't know if this can be done.
04/18/14, 07:35 AM   #3
Teel
Originally Posted by Stormknight View Post
There is an event for when someone dies in your vicinity, but addon access to it was removed during beta, so don't know if this can be done.
Would it perhaps be possible to bind the addon to the passive "Combat Frenzy" (under Alliance War) which gives you Ultimate power each time you kill someone personally? So an addon that could count how many times that proc in a fight.. I'm not sure exactly how the passive works though, either you need to land a killing blow yourself to get the proc or you only have to tag the enemy.

I'm sure there must be other things that only proc when you kill an enemy with your party though, maybe if you could discern what veteran points/alliance points you get from kills and then make a counter for how often you get the "on-kill veteran points" or for alliance points, etc.

I'm sure that at this time it's gonna be hard to make an addon that says exactly how many you killed, but if anyone could make an addon that had +/- 10% on the killcounter that would still be a lot better than nothing. And I'm sure many PvPers who stream on twitch etc would have the addon shown on their screen so all viewers could see just how many they were killing.

Last edited by Teel : 04/18/14 at 07:54 AM.
04/18/14, 08:51 AM   #4
Stormknight

Hmmm, it may be possible to find SOMETHING for personal kill counter. I have ideas.... I'm away for the UK bank holiday weekend, so will be next week.
04/18/14, 09:10 AM   #5
Teel
Thanks, I'll keep a lookout here for any eventual updates. Simply put we want an addon which tracks how many we as a raid kill in a certain amount of time or while we're in combat etc.
04/21/14, 04:33 PM   #6
Sasky
Probably the easiest way would be to tie into the AP event (FTC and Lootdrop do this already) and watch for a specific number of AP points. I haven't verified, but my impression is that it's a set amount of AP for a player kill, so you can watch that. That's essentially how I find myself noticing kills when running siege weapons (and don't have the 20 kills quest): see AP notice scroll up and think "oh, probably killed someone"
04/22/14, 08:19 AM   #7
Teel
Originally Posted by Sasky View Post
Probably the easiest way would be to tie into the AP event (FTC and Lootdrop do this already) and watch for a specific number of AP points. I haven't verified, but my impression is that it's a set amount of AP for a player kill, so you can watch that. That's essentially how I find myself noticing kills when running siege weapons (and don't have the 20 kills quest): see AP notice scroll up and think "oh, probably killed someone"
Most of the times you get AP are from when you kill someone, but not always. For example you get AP by repairing and destroying other things etc. So there will have to be some way of distinguishing between AP from kills and other things for the addon to work properly.

@Stormknight any update?
04/22/14, 01:25 PM   #8
Iyanga
I think someone is already working on this, see this thread as reference.

Also you can hook into EVENT_COMBAT_EVENT.

ACTION_RESULT_KILLING_BLOW -> killed player
ACTION_RESULT_DIED -> killed mob without XP (i.e. frogs, chicken, deer)
ACTION_RESULT_DIED_XP -> killed mob with XP (regular mob)
04/23/14, 03:14 AM   #9
Teel
Looks like someone has made an addon for it! http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info3...nter.html#info

Hopefully that one works well and this request can be put to rest.
04/23/14, 03:25 AM   #10
Stormknight

I still want them to enable the API so I can import my own sound effects and create a Mortal Kombat / League of Legends cross-over kill counter.

"Pentakill!" "Flawless Victory!" etc.

Ah well, I can dream.

Of course, currently, as not all of the API is documented, it's sometimes a case of people discovering things.
04/23/14, 10:42 AM   #11
mikethecoder4
I made a very simple addon that does just this! It is in beta right now, and the kill recognition isn't 100% accurate but its a good start. This tracks kills, deaths, and even who you killed (though who you killed isn't able to be seen yet)

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info337-KillCounter.html

thats my addon right there. It also has kill streaks! Give it a try and let me know what you think, I would love some feedback.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Killcounter - AvA/PvP