04/22/14, 04:46 PM   #21
inspyr1314

If you could be so kind, a few posts above you mentioned ~~
ZO_ReticleContainerInteract:SetAnchor(CENTER, ZO_ReticleContainer, CENTER, 35, 250)

^ that is line 1086 of ReticleSettings.lua
That could cause issues if any other addon touches Reticle, because it doesn't first :ClearAnchors()
and

Also this from Thurisaz Guild Info could cause the same error:

function TI.ReAnchorControl(control, newAnchor, newOffsetX, ...

It doesn't clear the anchor before re-setting it.
~~ could you please, in dummy terms, explain to me how to "fix" those two potential problems that you pointed out?

Thanks
04/22/14, 06:07 PM   #22
Divona

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by inspyr1314 View Post
If you could be so kind, a few posts above you mentioned ~~

and

~~ could you please, in dummy terms, explain to me how to "fix" those two potential problems that you pointed out?

Thanks
I have uploaded a patch that might help fix the error for Reticle Settings. Pretty much I've now clear anchors before set them. Hope this help.

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info342.html
04/22/14, 06:42 PM   #23
inspyr1314

Hi Divona,

I uninstalled my RecticleSettings via minion, then downloaded and installed your patched version but I am still getting that error

(I had Thurisaz Guildtools and ZrMM off at the time too as they were causing the same error individually as well)
04/22/14, 08:32 PM   #24
Sp00sty
Just to confirm please

Line 1005: ctrl:ClearAnchors()
Line 1006: ctrl:SetAnchor(point, ctrlTo, relativePoint)
Line 1007: ctrl:SetAnchor(point, ctrlTo, relativePoint)
Line 1006 is okay to leave, just can't have two of the same line?
04/22/14, 09:06 PM   #25
Vicster0

Something about the dynamic anchors associated with the Tooltips also seem to be capable of causing this error. I don't have much yet, but if you want to see what I mean just create a control and anchor it directly to one of them.
04/22/14, 09:43 PM   #26
inspyr1314

@Sp00sty

he means line 1007 needs to have a double dash so that it isn't parsed. Like so:

Line 1005: ctrl:ClearAnchors()
Line 1006: ctrl:SetAnchor(point, ctrlTo, relativePoint)
Line 1007: --ctrl:SetAnchor(point, ctrlTo, relativePoint)
04/23/14, 06:43 AM   #27
Sp00sty
Thanks,

I understood to comment it out, I was just wondering why the first line was okay but the double wasn't.

No need to explain, I don't know enough about Lua coding, it just appeared both lines were doing the same thing but once was okay.

Cheers
04/24/14, 08:14 AM   #28
Divona

It's appear that "Too many anchors processed" cause by installed many of the AddOns that:
  1. Use LibAddonMenu-1.0 library.
  2. Have many options in their settings panel.
When all the AddOns that called upon LibAddonMenu continue to pile up together, you'll like to get the error, as if the game client or library has reach it limit.

Could someone test this theory out by create an AddOns with over 300-500 lines of

LAM:AddHeader
LAM:AddCheckbox
LAM:AddSlider
LAM:AddDropdown
LAM:AddColorPicker

and see if the error pop up?
04/24/14, 01:38 PM   #29
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
No. This error pops up if you have too many anchors set for a control. It usually occurs when creating a control from a template that already has anchors set to whatever its parent will be. When you try to set your own anchors from the Lua file, the game complains. You just need to use :ClearAnchors() on it first. I have seen it before and fixed it this way.
04/24/14, 02:08 PM   #30
Shinni
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
No. This error pops up if you have too many anchors set for a control. It usually occurs when creating a control from a template that already has anchors set to whatever its parent will be. When you try to set your own anchors from the Lua file, the game complains. You just need to use :ClearAnchors() on it first. I have seen it before and fixed it this way.
This error happens as well when there are to many objects on the screen (HarvestMap likes to spam the map with map pins, so it happens sometimes).
So there is either a global limit to anchors or a limit to how often a control can be referenced (2nd argument of SetAnchor) by anchors.
04/24/14, 07:22 PM   #31
Divona

Apparently, ClearAnchors() has not been used in LibAddonMenu-1.0. I'm not sure if that's the main problem as I have already try added ClearAnchors() to each line in the library before SetAnchor() and the error still appear.

EDIT: I have managed to find enough AddOns that are using LibAddonMenu, and installed enough of them until it hit the limit for the error to show. If I disable any one of these AddOn, the error disappear.

Last edited by Divona : 04/24/14 at 07:27 PM.
04/24/14, 08:39 PM   #32
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
LAM shouldn't need to use :ClearAnchors(). Options' anchors aren't being re-set anywhere. All :ClearAnchors() is for is to remove the anchors already present before applying new ones.
04/25/14, 10:52 AM   #33
Divona

I have managed to reproduced "too many anchors processed" error with this code:

Lua Code:
  1. local LAM = LibStub("LibAddonMenu-1.0")
  3. StressTest = {}
  4. local TotalRun = 470
  6. local DROPDOWN_OPTIONS = {
  7.     "Option 1", "Option 2", "Option 3", "Option 4", "Option 5", "Option 6", "Option 7", "Option 8", "Option 9"
  8. }
  10. function StressTest.Init(eventCode, addOnName)
  12.     if (addOnName ~= "StressTest") then return end
  14.     local panel = LAM:CreateControlPanel( "_stresstest", "Stress Test")
  16.     for count = 1, TotalRun, 1 do
  17.         local headerName = "header" .. tostring(count)
  18.         local headerTitle = "Header " .. tostring(count)
  19.         local chkboxName = "checkbox" .. tostring(count)
  20.         local chkboxTitle = "Check Box " .. tostring(count)
  21.         local sliderName = "slider" .. tostring(count)
  22.         local sliderTitle = "Slider " .. tostring(count)
  23.         local dropdownName = "dropdown" .. tostring(count)
  24.         local dropdownTitle = "Drop Down " .. tostring(count)
  25.         LAM:AddHeader(panel, headerName, headerTitle)
  26.         LAM:AddCheckbox(panel, chkboxName, chkboxTitle, "", function() return true end, function() local value = true end)
  27.         LAM:AddSlider(panel, sliderName, sliderTitle, "", 0, 100, 1, function() return 50 end, function(value) local bin = value end)
  28.         LAM:AddDropdown(panel, dropdownName, dropdownTitle, "", DROPDOWN_OPTIONS, function() return 1 end, function(value) local bin = value end)
  29.     end
  31. end
  33. EVENT_MANAGER:RegisterForEvent("StressTest", EVENT_ADD_ON_LOADED, StressTest.Init)

TotalRun under 450 does not created the error. There's no other AddOns enable when I run this Stress Test. I'm not sure if LibAddonMenu is causing it, or could there be some kind of limit set by the game client? As there're more people using lots of AddOns at the same time, this error prone to happen, and should be some advise or some work around if they want to keep install the AddOns that ever exist.
04/25/14, 11:58 AM   #34
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
You're creating 1800+ options all on the same panel. o.O

Even assuming they were different panels, all with 25 option settings each, that's still 72+ addons worth.

I'm not saying I won't look into this when I have time, but... This still isn't anything *caused* by LAM. If anything, it may be a client issue.
04/25/14, 02:01 PM   #35
Vicster0

Even assuming they were different panels, all with 25 option settings each, that's still 72+ addons worth.

I'm not saying I won't look into this when I have time, but... This still isn't anything *caused* by LAM. If anything, it may be a client issue.
LOL

I have to agree with Seerah here, this may be a limit, and it it really good to know about limits, but that being said it's kind of a big limit.

Maybe I'm just stating the obvious here, but this appears to be a sort of tree depth issue. Essentially there are just too many children anchoring to parents and the system has an issue with traversing to that depth to determine where things are placed.

Either way, I didn't need 72 addons in WoW, I don't need 72 addons now, and I'm pretty sure I won't EVER need 72 addons. But I suppose... you never know.
04/25/14, 07:22 PM   #36
Divona

You can make the error appear by just install the following AddOns:

AmiliousGuildTools
Azurah
Wykkyd's Framework
Wykkyd's Full Immersion
Fully Customizable MultiQuests Tracker
Range Reticle
Simple Combat Alerts
Smart Bags
Thurisaz Guild Info

Remove ANY of these AddOns the error will disappear. That's way less than 72+ AddOns. I'm not sure what actually causing it. So any ideas or theories to test and find out the culprit would be very welcome.
04/26/14, 05:10 PM   #37
Gothrek
Originally Posted by Divona View Post
You can make the error appear by just install the following AddOns:

AmiliousGuildTools
Azurah
Wykkyd's Framework
Wykkyd's Full Immersion
Fully Customizable MultiQuests Tracker
Range Reticle
Simple Combat Alerts
Smart Bags
Thurisaz Guild Info

Remove ANY of these AddOns the error will disappear. That's way less than 72+ AddOns. I'm not sure what actually causing it. So any ideas or theories to test and find out the culprit would be very welcome.
also harvestmap
PSBT
research assistant
04/26/14, 05:25 PM   #38
Xrystal
caritas omnia vincit

Premium Member
I am not sure if I can replicate it again as it was a ways back but I am pretty sure I got this message appear once trying to anchor 1 of my newly created frames to another top level frame I had created for the addon with more than 3, if I remember right, anchors.

It may have been coincidence but I looked at my code and just re-wrote it with 2 anchors and not received the error since.
04/27/14, 10:53 AM   #39
ZJohnnyZ
Too many anchors processed UI Error

Today is the first time I ever experienced this Error, and it was immediately after installing Loot Filter Remix. Disabling Loot Filter Remix the Error never occurs. I have and have had 21 total addons (many mentioned here already) , and never any issues. http://www.esoui.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=273#info
04/27/14, 02:05 PM   #40
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Holy crap, that addon has a lot of options. >< That is one of those use cases where LAM isn't the best choice for their options menu.

/edit: or they have to use different logic for their "mark as junk" feature.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » "Too Many Anchors processed"