05/12/14, 03:34 AM   #1
Thriller
Problems with addons

Hi all, I use addons since the game started and I have never found this problem, but from yesterday some addons I use don't show what they should show. FoundryTacticalCombat for example doesn't show anymore my buff and the debuff I put on the enemy; Combat Log Statistics doesn't show nothing, the window stay empty even if I received damage or I do dps; I can't see crystal fragment proc on my status window and many other things... Every addons are updated and I had't change nothing in the options, so how can solve this problems? I have already tried to delete all and reinstall but nothing is changed. Please help me
05/12/14, 09:26 AM   #2
Nitewalker
Just a suggestion. Try contacting the addon author or check the description window of the addon. This sometimes tells you about a bug or being in Beta or something. If all else fails, disable it since its not doing you any good and it takes up screen space.
05/12/14, 09:30 AM   #3
skyraker
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Before contacting the author, I would be sure you are absolutely certain it is their addon. Sadly, the only way to do this is to enable/disable addons as needed to see if things work in different configurations.
05/12/14, 11:29 AM   #4
Thriller
So, I retried to delete all and install one for one the addons which have problems and they cause the same problem also deleting the .lua files. Is it possible that I deleted an important file that is shared with other addons? That should explain because different addons don't work fine.
I also tried to repair the client, but the errors persist. Should I redownload the entire client?
05/12/14, 11:53 AM   #5
skyraker
Originally Posted by Thriller View Post
So, I retried to delete all and install one for one the addons which have problems and they cause the same problem also deleting the .lua files. Is it possible that I deleted an important file that is shared with other addons? That should explain because different addons don't work fine.
I also tried to repair the client, but the errors persist. Should I redownload the entire client?
I doubt you found anything shared that was in the addon folder. This time you are saying there are 'errors' persisting. Are you actually getting errors or are addons simply not working? There is a distinction because the game has an error box that pops up in-game.

Are you enabling/disabling addons in-game, or are you only trying by deleting?
05/12/14, 11:58 AM   #6
CatoTheElder
I had this happen to me the other day too. I didn't track down exactly what the problem is, but try installing the addons again one by one, and see if you can narrow down the problem a bit further.

I'm fairly sure the problem I was experiencing had something to do with an addon I was testing.
05/12/14, 01:32 PM   #7
Thriller
Originally Posted by skyraker View Post
I doubt you found anything shared that was in the addon folder. This time you are saying there are 'errors' persisting. Are you actually getting errors or are addons simply not working? There is a distinction because the game has an error box that pops up in-game.

Are you enabling/disabling addons in-game, or are you only trying by deleting?
Sorry, the addons doesn't work properly. FTC shows the frames and the combat text but doesn't show the buffs, despite the option is checked on. Combat log statistic shows the window but don't show the numbers of dps, heals or crit even if option is checked on etc.

Originally Posted by CatoTheElder View Post
I had this happen to me the other day too. I didn't track down exactly what the problem is, but try installing the addons again one by one, and see if you can narrow down the problem a bit further.

I'm fairly sure the problem I was experiencing had something to do with an addon I was testing.
I already tried to delete and install newly but it didn't worked.

I also tried to log on another character and on it the addons work properly, so it could be only on character side. I also tried to change all the addons option on default, but nothing. It seems bugged...
05/14/14, 06:57 AM   #8
Thriller
BUMP! I still not solved it, please help me
05/14/14, 08:07 AM   #9
CatoTheElder
Originally Posted by Thriller View Post
BUMP! I still not solved it, please help me
Interesting. With it being just one character, I'd try deleting the addons' save files, and re-configure them again.

The save files are in: %UserProfile%\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\SavedVariables

Let me know if that helps.
05/14/14, 08:56 AM   #10
Thriller
I deleted all but nothing, on my main char the addons do't work properly
05/14/14, 09:28 AM   #11
Wobin

Just a shot in the dark, what's your character's name?

Although if it just started happening, the question might be irrelevant.
05/14/14, 09:32 AM   #12
Thriller
Originally Posted by Wobin View Post
Just a shot in the dark, what's your character's name?

Although if it just started happening, the question might be irrelevant.
My main character's name is Thriller
05/14/14, 09:35 AM   #13
Wobin

Could you perhaps post your SV file for the addons that are having issues to pastebin.com, and paste the links here?
05/14/14, 09:50 AM   #14
Thriller
Could you perhaps post your SV file for the addons that are having issues to pastebin.com, and paste the links here?
FoundryTacticalCombat sv: http://pastebin.com/gq56W3UW (it doesn't show me my buffs)

Combat Log statisic: http://pastebin.com/mQf5FLSV (It doesn't show me dps, heals, damage taken ecc.)

If you need a video, just tell me
05/14/14, 10:02 AM   #15
Wobin

Very odd, there's nothing inherently wrong with the info there, yet it only doesn't work for a single character.

Could you try just running one of the faulty addons, stand alone, with no other addons active?
05/14/14, 10:30 AM   #16
Thriller
Very odd, there's nothing inherently wrong with the info there, yet it only doesn't work for a single character.

Could you try just running one of the faulty addons, stand alone, with no other addons active?
No, it doesn't work
05/19/14, 02:15 AM   #17
zgrssd
If you try to delete settings files or addons, log out first. And wait a few seconds.
You cannot (really) delete Saved Variables while the addon is running (as the game uses a memory copy of the values from the disk).

What you describe sounds like it could be caused by a parsing error in the .lua files. Wich results in the nessesary events never being registered (for all purposes the .lua files themself are just function calls similar to a constructor).
There is a know bug that LibDebug might surpress/swallow those kind of errors. Make sure you have any Standalone Copies and every addon with locl copy of LibDebug disabeled (just turning functions off is not enough!)

The only way to be certain it is thsi addon is to turn every other addons off (especially those that could not possibly cause such a problem).
05/19/14, 04:32 AM   #18
Thriller
Originally Posted by zgrssd View Post
If you try to delete settings files or addons, log out first. And wait a few seconds.
You cannot (really) delete Saved Variables while the addon is running (as the game uses a memory copy of the values from the disk).

What you describe sounds like it could be caused by a parsing error in the .lua files. Wich results in the nessesary events never being registered (for all purposes the .lua files themself are just function calls similar to a constructor).
There is a know bug that LibDebug might surpress/swallow those kind of errors. Make sure you have any Standalone Copies and every addon with locl copy of LibDebug disabeled (just turning functions off is not enough!)

The only way to be certain it is thsi addon is to turn every other addons off (especially those that could not possibly cause such a problem).
Okay, I turned off all my addons, I logged out and I deleted all the saved variables and all the addons. Now I downloaded them one for one and installed them. And it worked! Thanks all for the helps, I still dunno why it didn't work

Last edited by Thriller : 05/19/14 at 07:05 AM.
05/24/14, 01:17 PM   #19
thelegendaryof

Just in case anyone comes to that thread - BugEater (formerly LibDebug) is
1) now a standalone so no multiple copies anymore and
2) Parsing Errors (mentioned by zgrssd) are now catched properly!

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Problems with addons