04/14/15, 11:45 AM   #21
marcmy
Alright, got it. ItemTooltipIcon. That's the result I get from /script d(WINDOW_MANAGER:GetMouseOverControl():GetName())

It seems hovering over an item in my inventory fixes it. Maybe it's unrelated but I frequently have to do this to get rid of pricetracker or mastermerchants tooltip numbers that are sometimes left on my screen.

Last edited by marcmy : 04/14/15 at 11:53 AM.
04/16/15, 05:10 AM   #22
marcmy
Update: Hovering over items in inventory doesn't fix anything. That seemed to be an isolated case. I still have to reloadui. Did the /script command each time it happened and it was ItemTooltipIcon each time.
04/16/15, 07:40 AM   #23
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
Yes this person is from ZeniMax!
Thanks for the info. That's definitely a control that can eat mouse input, but that should only happen if it's visible. Did you see anything visually wrong? Or it may just be alpha-ed out.
04/16/15, 08:04 AM   #24
votan

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by ZOS_ChipHilseberg View Post
Thanks for the info. That's definitely a control that can eat mouse input, but that should only happen if it's visible. Did you see anything visually wrong? Or it may just be alpha-ed out.
May this is another part of the problem: Floating tooltips not dissapear
04/16/15, 08:15 AM   #25
marcmy
Didn't see anything visually wrong.
04/16/15, 08:45 AM   #26
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
These commands would report the visibility and alpha of the item tooltip.
Code:
/script d(ItemTooltip:IsHidden())
Code:
/script d(ItemTooltip:GetAlpha())
04/16/15, 08:54 AM   #27
marcmy
Code:
Code:
Roger, will try these and report back asap.
04/16/15, 10:39 AM   #28
Qalie
I have this happen most frequently with Inventory Insight - specifically, each time I installed & enabled it, I would experience the lockpicking bug after a couple hours, but only rarely. i could leave it installed for quite a while & get the bug frequently enought hat I'd have to reload every hour or two at times, then nothing at all for a while, till it popped up again. Deleting the addon did fix the problem for me - nearly permanently, i've only ran into the bug once since then - but that's not a true fix.

On the client issue, isn't it more likely that deleting the variable settings fixed the problem? I'd try that first rather than delete the entire game. I've only reinstalled once, and that was for an entirely different issue.
Anyway, good luck. It's an incredibly infuriating problem imo.
04/16/15, 01:52 PM   #29
marcmy
OK, did those commands. Here are the results

Code:
false
Code:
04/16/15, 01:56 PM   #30
marcmy
Originally Posted by Qalie View Post
I have this happen most frequently with Inventory Insight - specifically, each time I installed & enabled it, I would experience the lockpicking bug after a couple hours, but only rarely. i could leave it installed for quite a while & get the bug frequently enought hat I'd have to reload every hour or two at times, then nothing at all for a while, till it popped up again. Deleting the addon did fix the problem for me - nearly permanently, i've only ran into the bug once since then - but that's not a true fix.

On the client issue, isn't it more likely that deleting the variable settings fixed the problem? I'd try that first rather than delete the entire game. I've only reinstalled once, and that was for an entirely different issue.
Anyway, good luck. It's an incredibly infuriating problem imo.
I use this addon too, and I was suspecting it could be one of the culprits. I'll try with it disabled for a while.
04/16/15, 03:13 PM   #31
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
This looks like an item's tooltip is shown but not visible due to alpha = 0.
So maybe the tooltip contol is shown above the thumblers or just grabbing the mouse clicks etc. somehow.

Originally Posted by marcmy View Post
OK, did those commands. Here are the results

false

04/16/15, 03:32 PM   #32
sirinsidiator

Can you run the following command in your Addons directory and post the content of setalpha.txt here?
Code:
findstr /S "ItemTooltip:SetAlpha(" *.* > setalpha.txt
Maybe an addon is setting the alpha value...
04/16/15, 03:32 PM   #33
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
This indicates that the tooltip has been faded out but not hidden somehow. I have a couple fixes in mind.
04/16/15, 04:20 PM   #34
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Found the string in the addon "MobileBank". But it gave me 2 findings, one with SetAlpha(0) and one with SetAlpha(1).

Wouldn't it make more sense to search something like:

findstr /S "ItemTooltip:SetHidden(" *.* > sethidden.txt

to find which addon is showing the tooltip, but is not hiding it anymore?

Originally Posted by sirinsidiator View Post
Can you run the following command in your Addons directory and post the content of setalpha.txt here?
Code:
findstr /S "ItemTooltip:SetAlpha(" *.* > setalpha.txt
Maybe an addon is setting the alpha value...
04/17/15, 06:25 AM   #35
marcmy
setalpha.txt was blank.

sethidden.txt:

InventoryInsightFromAshes\InventoryInsightFromAshesBackpack.lua: ItemTooltip:SetHidden(false)
InventoryInsightFromAshes\InventoryInsightFromAshesBackpack.lua: ItemTooltip:SetHidden(true)

guess that is it then.
04/17/15, 11:40 PM   #36
circonian
I decided to mess with this and see if I could reproduce it, but I was unable to reproduce the problem at the lockpick scene.
However, I found another bug that may be related.

I found a way to make the mouse buttons & action bar buttons stop working by messing up the UI Mode.

Lua Code:
  1. /reloadui
  2. -- open inventory
  3. /script SetGameCameraUIMode(false)
You are now stuck in the inventory scene. You can run around and the inventory will stay open.

If you hit ESC, it will "look" like you've gone back to the HUD_SCENE...but you'll actually be in the HUD_UI_SCENE. The mouse buttons & action bar buttons will no longer work until you perform some action that forces the game to reset the correct scene.

It looks like this would cause problems all over the place in the code, SCENE_MANAGER:IsInUIMode() is used to determine what code should run all over the place.

So I started poking around trying to see if I could find anything that would mess up the UI mode. I didn't see anything specifically related to the lockpick scene, but I found this comment in the game code:
Lua Code:
  1. function ZO_IngameSceneManager:OnChatInputStart()
  2.    ...
  3.    -- something other than ending chat input is making us exit UI mode,
  4.    -- just return to the old state and normal UI mode behavior
  5.    ...
  6. end

So it looks like this may already be known problem (maybe they just didn't know the extent of it)?
I don't know what they meant by "is making us exit UI mode."
  • They may have meant the game actually changes the scene and "correctly" exits UI mode.
  • However, if whatever is causing that problem they commented about is "not correctly" exiting UI mode...like me manually doing SetGameCameraUIMode(false)

Then if the game randomly exits UI mode and if it happens while your in UI mode, your going to experience the exact problem I replicated.

Last edited by circonian : 04/18/15 at 01:01 AM.
04/18/15, 05:16 AM   #37
sirinsidiator

Could this be related to why I am not able to switch my weapon, use my skills or exit doors in a keep in pvp sometimes after I respawn? Only pressing esc and then switching my weapon once helps me in that case.

I am also unable to do anything when I have my mouse on another monitor and then get locked back into the game (e.g. when a loading screen ends). In that case I have to press esc or . and move the mouse back into the game window. I am playing on fullscreen windowed on a triple monitor setup with the game on the middle screen.
04/18/15, 06:16 AM   #38
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Got the same with 2 monitors and full screen windowed mode when i'm at the 2nd monitor at loading screens, sometimes
04/18/15, 05:15 PM   #39
circonian
I do not use a multiple monitor set up so I can not test this myself.

But did you realize if you, as an example, open your inventory to get in UI mode move your mouse (anywhere you want) then exit UI mode (hit esc, move, whatever). Your mouse cursor will stay in its last position. Next time you enter UI mode the mouse will be where you left it.

My point is, what would happen if you left it off of the screen on another monitor that is not running the game? Would this cause a problem?
EDIT: Oh, I didn't read everything...apparently it sounds like the answer is yes from what sirinsidiator said.

Last edited by circonian : 04/18/15 at 05:18 PM.
04/19/15, 03:50 AM   #40
sirinsidiator

Yes, that's exactly what I meant. When I have a longer loading screen - which happens occasionally - I tend to browse the internet. Once it finishes loading, the game takes the focus back, but the mouse is still outside.
I can run around and look around normally, but when I cast an ability it does nothing.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Which addon is not letting me pick locks?