11/02/21, 02:34 PM   #1
Anceane

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
is there a way to bypass the new skyshard system from ESO ?

i use SKyshards and i love it. I have the icons i want and need on the map, but now these icons are replaced by a big large one black from eso when i am near.

I dont need that at all. Its ugly and when i am on the day where i just remove everything to just discover, i have still that icon poping

So is there a way to block that or to change it at least ?

Honnestly, Devs from Eso, you see us all day long changing icons for more beautiful ones or more practical ones, and you just find another way to make the map uglier.

return TUTORIAL_TRIGGER_SKYSHARDS_DISCOVERED could this be related to the new icon ?

Last edited by Anceane : 11/02/21 at 02:47 PM.
11/03/21, 03:12 AM   #2
Kwisatz
Totally agree.
In my case, it's not because I use an addon for skyshards: it's because I like to find them the old way, following the leads.
The new icons should have a toogle option. They are ugly and inmersion breaking.
11/03/21, 04:16 AM   #3
ExoY

Originally Posted by Kwisatz View Post
Totally agree.
In my case, it's not because I use an addon for skyshards: it's because I like to find them the old way, following the leads.
The new icons should have a toogle option. They are ugly and inmersion breaking.
Same here!

Hopefully there will be an addon at some point, which can disable that in some way.

Until then, I will just hide the compass when looking for skyshards.
This can be done via von chat command:
Code:
/script ZO_CompassFrame:SetHidden(true)
It is not ideal but works for me.
(To see you compass again use false instead of true
11/03/21, 04:47 AM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
What if you disable the skyshards at the map filters? For me they are hidden then at the map and compass.

Not sure if there is any "popup on the screen" if you get near an undiscovered skyshard, and you are talking about that?

That "TUTORIAL_TRIGGER_SKYSHARDS_DISCOVERED" is only shown once as tutorial if you have changed your skillpoints due to interaction with a skyshard. Shouldn't show more than once and not show if tutorials are disabled in the settings.

At the compass there are 2 pinTypes: Suggested and seen
Code:
<CompassPinType name="SKYSHARD_SUGGESTED"
                                    pinTexture="$(COMPASS_PATH)skyshard_seen.dds"
                                    clamped="true"
                                    maxDistanceM="COMPASS_PIN_NO_MAX_DISTANCE"
                                    closeAlpha="1.0"
                                    farAlpha="0.75"
                                    farAlphaDistanceM="85"
                                    farScaleDistanceM="200"
                                    drawLevelOffsetBase="21"
                    />
                    <CompassPinType name="SKYSHARD_SEEN"
                                    pinTexture="$(COMPASS_PATH)skyshard_seen.dds"
                                    maxDistanceM="ZO_SKYSHARD_DISCOVERY_DISTANCE"
                                    removedAnimation="CompassPinOut"
                                    drawLevelOffsetBase="21"
                    />
btw, the used value ZO_SKYSHARD_DISCOVERY_DISTANCE could be changed to 0, maybe this will stop showing you the skyshards if you are farer away than directly up in front.
Try to add this to any of your addon's lua files, directly at the top.
Code:
ZO_SKYSHARD_DISCOVERY_DISTANCE = 0

I think this event here triggers the update of the unseen skyshards:
https://github.com/esoui/esoui/blob/...dmap.lua#L5415
Lua Code:
  1. local function RefreshSkyshardPins()
  2.             self:RefreshSkyshardPins()
  3.             self:RefreshSuggestionPins()
  4.         end
  6.         self.control:RegisterForEvent(EVENT_SKYSHARDS_UPDATED, RefreshSkyshardPins)

As the function RefreshSkyshardPins is local one cannot override/change it. One could only try to unregister the event EVENT_SKYSHARDS_UPDATED. Attention: Not sure if the addon "Skyshard" will work properly then or anything else breaks!

self should be ZO_WorldMapManager's created object "WORLD_MAP_MANAGER " here.

Add this to any addon's EVENT_ADD_ON_LOADED callback function:
Lua Code:
  1. WORLD_MAP_MANAGER.control:UnregisterForEvent(EVENT_SKYSHARDS_UPDATED)

Effectively it's WORLD_MAP_MANAGER:RefreshSkyshardPins() which updates th visibility/mappins for the skyshards.
In this line it checks for a map filter "Objectives":
https://github.com/esoui/esoui/blob/...dmap.lua#L6131
which further own is used then to add a mappin (and compass pin this way as well) if the skyshard was not accquired yet but it was discvered and objectives shold be shown:
https://github.com/esoui/esoui/blob/...dmap.lua#L6143

So changing this objectives map filter should hide the discovered skyshards then.

But as I said: They do not show for me if I open the map and disable the skyshard (unknown) filter there.
Maybe this filter only is available with the "Skyshards" addon, I dunno. The vanilla code only seems to add a "known skyshards" filter.

Last edited by Baertram : 11/03/21 at 11:38 AM.
11/03/21, 10:14 AM   #5
Anceane

Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
What if you disable the skyshards at the map filters? For me they are hidden then at the map and compass.

If i unselect the skyshards icons on the map filters, my map is empty. But as soon as i approach a a skyshard, the map and minimap shows a black and white icon, larger than any other icons, that goes away only if i go take the skyshard.

I will though check with the little modification you posted and see the result

Thank you

Adding ZO_SKYSHARD_DISCOVERY_DISTANCE = 0 does nothing unfortunatly. Even in dungeon now the skyshards is always showned (i have the skyshards icons unchecked on the map filters)

as for WORLD_MAP_MANAGER.control:UnregisterForEvent(EVENT_SKYSHARDS_UPDATED) this remove any non discovery skyshards on the map, far or near. And the filter map does not not exist anymore. So i removed it to not break addons

Thanks anyway for the help

Last edited by Anceane : 11/03/21 at 11:09 AM.
11/04/21, 02:26 PM   #6
Anceane

In fact i just discovered that this new icons is related to Objectives.

If i remove from the map the Objectives, its vanish. But it removes also a lot of icons that help from time to time.

Is there a way to find out which name this icon have ? with DarkUI i have all the objectives icons modified but this new one. So it should be possible may be.

I found this

Line 37: SUGGESTED_AREA_PIN_SIZE = 40,
Line 269: [MAP_PIN_TYPE_POI_SUGGESTED] = { level = 46, size = CONSTANTS.POI_PIN_SIZE, texture = GetPOIPinTexture, tint = GetPOIPinTint, hitInsetX = 5, hitInsetY = 10, showsPinAndArea = true},
Line 274: [MAP_PIN_TYPE_SKYSHARD_SUGGESTED] = { level = 43, size = CONSTANTS.POI_PIN_SIZE, texture = "EsoUI/Art/MapPins/skyshard_seen.dds", insetX = 5, insetY = 3, showsPinAndArea = true},
Line 619: [MAP_PIN_TYPE_POI_SUGGESTED] = true,
Line 620: [MAP_PIN_TYPE_SKYSHARD_SUGGESTED] = true,
Line 697: [MAP_PIN_TYPE_POI_SUGGESTED] = MAP_FILTER_OBJECTIVES,
Line 701: [MAP_PIN_TYPE_SKYSHARD_SUGGESTED] = MAP_FILTER_OBJECTIVES,
Line 1084: [MAP_PIN_TYPE_POI_SUGGESTED] = SHARED_TOOLTIP_CREATORS.SUGGESTION_ACTIVITY,
Line 1087: [MAP_PIN_TYPE_SKYSHARD_SUGGESTED] = SHARED_TOOLTIP_CREATORS.SUGGESTION_ACTIVITY,
Line 2184: elseif self:GetPinType() == MAP_PIN_TYPE_POI_SUGGESTED or self:GetPinType() == MAP_PIN_TYPE_SKYSHARD_SUGGESTED then
Line 2184: elseif self:GetPinType() == MAP_PIN_TYPE_POI_SUGGESTED or self:GetPinType() == MAP_PIN_TYPE_SKYSHARD_SUGGESTED then
Line 2185: -- currently SUGGESTED pins are only used by zone story and only for the currently tracked activity
Line 2290: if self:IsPOI() or self.m_PinType == MAP_PIN_TYPE_POI_SUGGESTED then
Line 2302: if self:IsPOI() or self.m_PinType == MAP_PIN_TYPE_POI_SUGGESTED then
Line 2314: if self:IsPOI() or self.m_PinType == MAP_PIN_TYPE_POI_SUGGESTED then
May be i could just apply a different icon, less intrusive ?

Last edited by Anceane : 11/04/21 at 03:04 PM.
11/04/21, 02:35 PM   #7
Anceane

sorry double post -- delete

Last edited by Anceane : 11/04/21 at 03:04 PM.
11/04/21, 06:08 PM   #8
Teccam
Originally Posted by Anceane View Post
May be i could just apply a different icon, less intrusive ?
Could you use a transparent icon?

I've been wondering about this same thing too for the past few days, so if you do figure out a way to get rid of it, I'd be curious to hear.
11/05/21, 08:36 AM   #9
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Try this:

Lua Code:
  1. RedirectTexture("EsoUI/Art/MapPins/skyshard_seen.dds", "")

it will exchange the texture with none and thus should be empty/hide it.

If this does not work try this (an empty/blank texture):
Lua Code:
  1. RedirectTexture("EsoUI/Art/MapPins/skyshard_seen.dds", "/esoui/art/icons/heraldrycrests_misc_blank_01.dds")

Add this line to any addon's EVENT_ADD_ON_LOADED callback function or call it with /script RedirectTexture... ingame in the chat (this would need to be repeated after each loading screen/zone change/logout then!)

Attention: This might only work properly if you use an addon and NOT the /script approach, because
if the textures do not update properly try to logout and delete the file live/shader_cache.cooked
It contains the cached textures and thus would show the old skyhards icon.

Last edited by Baertram : 11/05/21 at 08:42 AM.
11/05/21, 09:27 AM   #10
Anceane

Thank a lot Bertraam!!

For the addon doing EVENT ...... I am giving the job to husband :P:P after all he could learn a bit of lua (he is programer lol)

Once done i will post the result

I thought at first to use Point of color addon, as he has already a lot of redirect icons, but i am not sur its the good one for that so lets do the professional :P:P
11/06/21, 10:21 AM   #11
Anceane

CA MARCHE!! aka ITS PERFECT!

I added the

RedirectTexture("EsoUI/Art/MapPins/skyshard_seen.dds", "/esoui/art/icons/heraldrycrests_misc_blank_01.dds")

into the addon Point of color which as EVENT_ADD_ON_LOADED callback function

went into Coldharbour, and approach a skyshard i did not knew, and nothing happened, the large and black icon is simply out of my world!!

Thank you so much again Bertraam!! i can not count all the little things you did and that helped me so much!!

Gran'ma is happy today
11/06/21, 11:51 AM   #12
Mortuus
Is there a way to accomplish this for someone who knows nothing about code? I tried following this thread best I could. I added the following code to one of my addon's lua files:
Code:
RedirectTexture("EsoUI/Art/MapPins/skyshard_seen.dds", "/esoui/art/icons/heraldrycrests_misc_blank_01.dds")
I guessed the line in which to add it to the best of my abilities. It did succeed in removing seen skyshards from the map UI, but they still show up on my compass. Is there any way to remove it from the compass too? Or did I simply guess the wrong location to add that code in the lua file?

EDIT: Belay that. I added a second line that was the exact same as the first, but I replaced "MapPins" with "Compass" and that did the trick. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!! This thread literally saved my ESO game experience.

Last edited by Mortuus : 11/06/21 at 12:15 PM.
11/06/21, 04:12 PM   #13
Sylvermoon
Thank you Baertram and everyone for this fix!

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » is there a way to bypass the new skyshard system from ESO ?