06/01/19, 07:33 PM   #1
Wolfman4500
Minion Can't Connect to Internet

Just installed minion (v3.0.5 i believe) and i keep getting the "cant connect to internet check your security and prxy settings..." splash window. i have read all the other threads about internet connection and tried all of those and nothing has worked. my proxy settings are on auto, i've added minion to windows defender, i have selected to run start minion as admin. i have also installed the 32-bit version, while i have a 64-bit OS windows 7 serivce pack 1.

im not sure what else i can try to get minion to work. any help would be great. thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: log minion.log (79.3 KB, 368 views)
File Type: xml minion.xml (529 Bytes, 370 views)
06/02/19, 01:15 PM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If you have added minion to your firewall exlusion/whitelist and anti-virus lists as well it should be your proxy server settings then. Check if you got any unwanted proxy or VPN active and disable it.
06/03/19, 05:34 PM   #3
Wolfman4500
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
If you have added minion to your firewall exlusion/whitelist and anti-virus lists as well it should be your proxy server settings then. Check if you got any unwanted proxy or VPN active and disable it.
whats condsidered an unwanted proxy? and how do i check if im on a vpn? i knowingly dont use a vpn in the US with my current ISP.
06/05/19, 04:31 PM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Do you own a static ip from your isp? Then maybe try a free VPN as your ip might be blacklisted somehow for minion.

An unwanted proxy maybe a proxy any mal wäre added in your network settings. If the windows settings for proxy does not show any enabled you should be fine.
03/23/22, 05:23 AM   #5
blackweb
Minion 3.0.5 Connection Issue Fixed

Originally Posted by Wolfman4500 View Post
Just installed minion (v3.0.5 i believe) and i keep getting the "cant connect to internet check your security and prxy settings..." splash window. i have read all the other threads about internet connection and tried all of those and nothing has worked. my proxy settings are on auto, i've added minion to windows defender, i have selected to run start minion as admin. i have also installed the 32-bit version, while i have a 64-bit OS windows 7 serivce pack 1.

im not sure what else i can try to get minion to work. any help would be great. thanks.
Minion 3.0.5 has been unable to connect to the internet for the past 3 days on my Windows 11 desktop. I have also been having with disconnecting and reconnecting in games, especially ESO.

I have tried the following ways to fix this:
  • Install the 32-bit version of Minion.
  • Install the jfx version that requires a local Java installation.
  • Check my firewall settings.
  • Uninstall then reinstall minion.
  • Checked my network connections and Network setup.

When I checked my network connection, I noticed that WiFi was connected despite the fact that I use a hard-wired ethernet conection on my desktop so I do not need WiFi. Checked to see if Minion was working on my WiFi connected gaming laptop and it is so the problem is not WiFi so it must be having two active network connections. I took the following steps to make sure that WiFi connections were disabled on my desktop:

Unchecked "Connect Automatically" on my desktop's WiFi connection.
Turned off WiFi in Windows 11

(there is a software switch to do that in Win 11).

I attempted to start Minion 3.0.5 64-bit and it immediately connected to the internet and listed my currently installed ESO AddOns. Minion connection issue fixed!
03/23/22, 07:54 AM   #6
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Please stop re-posting the same solution in every thread. The forum searhc is able to find your posts IF it is used, and should be enough.
Else: Link your solution to your 1st post instead of copy&pasting it several times.

Thank you

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » Minion Can't Connect to Internet