03/23/22, 05:24 AM   #1
blackweb
Talking Minion 3.0.5 Connection Issue Fixed!

Minion 3.0.5 has been unable to connect to the internet for the past 3 days on my Windows 11 desktop. I have also been having with disconnecting and reconnecting in games, especially ESO.

I have tried the following ways to fix this:
  • Install the 32-bit version of Minion.
  • Install the jfx version that requires a local Java installation.
  • Check my firewall settings.
  • Uninstall then reinstall minion.
  • Checked my network connections and Network setup.

When I checked my network connection, I noticed that WiFi was connected despite the fact that I use a hard-wired ethernet conection on my desktop so I do not need WiFi. Checked to see if Minion was working on my WiFi connected gaming laptop and it is so the problem is not WiFi so it must be having two active network connections. I took the following steps to make sure that WiFi connections were disabled on my desktop:
  • Unchecked "Connect Automatically" on my desktop's WiFi connection.
  • Turned off WiFi in Windows 11 (there is a software switct in Win 11).

I attempted to start Minion 3.0.5 64-bit and it immediately connected to the internet and listed my currently installed ESO AddOns. Minion connection issue fixed!

Last edited by blackweb : 03/23/22 at 07:18 AM.
03/23/22, 07:57 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Thanks for the info.

Just as a head-ups: You can disable your WIFI in total easily at Windows via a button at the task bar (right egde).
No need to set teh Wifi to not connect automatically if you are connected wired, then just disable your Wifi in total at that device until you really need it: Less Wifi interferences, no "accidently duplicate connections" possible anymore with any of the Wifis around you.

And yous till should use Minion 3 32bit version prior to 64bit, if 32bit works well, like described at the troubleshooting guide.

P.S.
Posting the same answer in 4 threads + creating a new just for the solution is kinda too much.
You could have created this forum thread here first and just linked to it in the other 3 exising threads, that'd be smart.
03/23/22, 08:28 AM   #3
Schrappe

Minion not works

Minion has been starting very slowly for a few hours. Download current versions fail due to message network error. The connection to the Minion website is extremely slow.
03/23/22, 10:02 AM   #4
blackweb
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
Thanks for the info.

Just as a head-ups: You can disable your WIFI in total easily at Windows via a button at the task bar (right egde).
No need to set teh Wifi to not connect automatically if you are connected wired, then just disable your Wifi in total at that device until you really need it: Less Wifi interferences, no "accidently duplicate connections" possible anymore with any of the Wifis around you.

And yous till should use Minion 3 32bit version prior to 64bit, if 32bit works well, like described at the troubleshooting guide.

P.S.
Posting the same answer in 4 threads + creating a new just for the solution is kinda too much.
You could have created this forum thread here first and just linked to it in the other 3 exising threads, that'd be smart.
Point taken. I did not know what you thought about linking a post multiple times on this site. Thank you for the good advice.

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » Minion 3.0.5 Connection Issue Fixed!