07/12/14, 04:39 PM   #1
deniz_irgin
AddOn Help, EVENT_ADD_ON_LOADED not fired

Hi,

Im trying to work this sample. I made some changes for more Object Oriented approach. But EVENT_ADD_ON_LOADED not firing for me.

Code perfecly run in ZeroBaneStudio IDE, but i think i do something wrong and my addon not working

Here is the github link:

https://github.com/Blind-Striker/EsoResourceHelper

Thank you,
07/12/14, 05:05 PM   #2
Xrystal
caritas omnia vincit

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Giving it a test whirl...

But, just in case this is the case for you as well, the folder name for the addon is the same name as the txt file inside right ?

edit:
Are you assuming because the message doesn't appear that you have in AddOnLoaded function it can't be fired ?
If so, that is where you are mistaken. You can't display text on the screen at that point.
Add the following line at the end of your addonloaded function.

EVENT_MANAGER:RegisterForEvent(self.name, EVENT_PLAYER_ACTIVATED, self.OnPlayerActivated)
And then do your initialisation after the addon is loaded and the player is on the screen. I am not sure if there is an event between ADD_ON_LOADED and PLAYER_ACTIVATED but I most of my debugging from OnPlayerActivated onwards because of this limitation. And with that event being set up inside addonloaded function you know it is being triggered.

function self.OnPlayerActivated(event)
self.DebugMessageHelper("Player Activated")
end

Last edited by Xrystal : 07/12/14 at 05:13 PM.
07/12/14, 06:26 PM   #3
zgrssd
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
As Xrystal pointed out, normally the chat cannot recieve messages (not even d ones) until after the on loaded. Simply because the chat is not "there" yet and there is no buffering.
However, if you have bugeater isntalled, it put on your Optional Dependency list (so it loads before this addon) and Pre-Init Debug is enabeled in Bug Eater - then you can get d messages that get send so early out.
I would highly advise to use it for addon development. Pre-init debug helps a ton at finding issues.

Last edited by zgrssd : 07/12/14 at 06:28 PM.
07/12/14, 06:56 PM   #4
deniz_irgin
Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
Giving it a test whirl...

But, just in case this is the case for you as well, the folder name for the addon is the same name as the txt file inside right ?
No you are right. When i change folder name as txt as file name all start working.

Thank you
07/12/14, 06:58 PM   #5
deniz_irgin
Originally Posted by zgrssd View Post
As Xrystal pointed out, normally the chat cannot recieve messages (not even d ones) until after the on loaded. Simply because the chat is not "there" yet and there is no buffering.
However, if you have bugeater isntalled, it put on your Optional Dependency list (so it loads before this addon) and Pre-Init Debug is enabeled in Bug Eater - then you can get d messages that get send so early out.
I would highly advise to use it for addon development. Pre-init debug helps a ton at finding issues.
Than you for your advice, its good know there is some way to diagnose addon.

Last edited by deniz_irgin : 07/14/14 at 01:41 AM.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » AddOn Help, EVENT_ADD_ON_LOADED not fired