03/06/15, 09:03 PM   #1
tangerine0469
Addon authoring

I have a really dumb question for you guys... It seems one of the addons I like has not been maintained and if I remember reading correctly it will no longer be maintained. Can I pick up where they left off? I would of course add notes about who made it and simply take credit for keeping it up to date, or is this not allowed? The addon I am speaking of is craftstore. I know i could do it for personal use but it seems to be one that a lot of people liked and would be nice to reintroduce it.
03/06/15, 09:36 PM   #2
Halja

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by tangerine0469 View Post
I have a really dumb question for you guys... It seems one of the addons I like has not been maintained and if I remember reading correctly it will no longer be maintained. Can I pick up where they left off? I would of course add notes about who made it and simply take credit for keeping it up to date, or is this not allowed? The addon I am speaking of is craftstore. I know i could do it for personal use but it seems to be one that a lot of people liked and would be nice to reintroduce it.
It is not a dumb question. The thing is the author pulled both of their add-ons. It can't/should not be just picked up where they author left off and post to esoui. It could be used as inspiration but re-written from scratch. Here is the history and discussions about it. http://www.esoui.com/forums/showthre...ght=craftstore There are other add-ons which the respective authors have past the torch so to speak but craftstore is not one of them

That said I'm still maintaining and using the last version also for personal use. I just have not been motivated to do a full rewrite for the community.
Cheers!
03/07/15, 07:48 AM   #3
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Same here. Just using a version for my own locally and I'm maintaining it without a public release.

I'm still using it but it got broken because of removed stable/mount functions and the tooltips do not work properly anymore (the ones using itemlinks).
But you can at least remove the whole horse/mounts stuff so there is not error upon showing the craftstore window anymore.

If any get these tooltips for the sets and items (where the + is shown in the grid) back to work I'd be glad to get this version.
Currently I only have hard coded the set names again by adding .name = "Set name here" inside the array for the sets. This way the waypoints will be located and usable again.

But all tooltips are missing :-(

thx

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Addon authoring