04/22/14, 07:33 PM   #1
Cavanoskus
Premium Member

Premium Member
Vicster's Inventory Insight conflicting with Sous Chef?

Hey all, I'm using Vicster's Inventory Insights together with Sous Chef, and only the tooltip information from Vicster is showing up. Namely, I can see how many copies of a recipe I have, but not which characters know it.

Do these addons simply not play nice together yet, or am I doing something wrong? I would have posted my setup information here as well but I'm not sure which files to copy paste from. Or would a screenshot of both addons' settings be sufficient? Please let me know what to post in order to help identify the problem... or if it's a known issue and I can just sit tight.

Thanks for any help anyone can give me.
04/22/14, 09:02 PM   #2
mra4nii
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Adding tooltips is tricky. There is always a chance of conflict with another addon which adds tooltips too.
And it has nothing to do with setup information. Just try to disable one of them and see if second one works fine, then do the same with another one. If, separately, they both work without any issue, then you faced a compatibility issue and you should create a bug report for both addons.
04/22/14, 09:02 PM   #3
Vicster0

Hey, it's likely the combination of the two not playing nicely together, but I'm going to go ahead and take the blame here. I am actually currently reworking the functional structure of the addon to be less "hacky" and should release it as part of the next major release 0.2.0.

Keep an eye on the addon for updates as well as the comments section.

Also, word-to-the-wise: You're really lucky I spotted this here in the forums... I was just checking new posts before heading to bed. For better visibility in my addons and many on this site, I suggest using the comments section for the addon or the author's portal to submit bugs and feature requests in the future. We actually receive notifications if done this way and are more likely to see/address any of your concerns.

Thanks for pointing this out. If you could collect any screenshots or error messages and post them, we can look into the issue you are having.

Have a good night!
04/22/14, 09:21 PM   #4
Wobin

Originally Posted by Vicster0 View Post
Hey, it's likely the combination of the two not playing nicely together, but I'm going to go ahead and take the blame here. I am actually currently reworking the functional structure of the addon to be less "hacky" and should release it as part of the next major release 0.2.0.
Should I wait til the update, or I can have a look to see if mine can 'play nicer' ...?
04/22/14, 09:48 PM   #5
Vicster0

Honestly, without anything to go off of we would have to just compare each others code. I will be changing how my addon works soon to try my best to prevent things like this. But maybe we can still compare a few things to make sure both of us are doing things cleanly.
04/22/14, 09:51 PM   #6
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
You should hop into the IRC channel, Vicster0.
04/22/14, 11:06 PM   #7
ins
There's an IRC channel??!
04/22/14, 11:15 PM   #8
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Indeed there is, along with a guild, see my link above. Also, sorry for the thread derail. *gets back out of the thread*
04/22/14, 11:25 PM   #9
Wobin

Honestly, without anything to go off of we would have to just compare each others code. I will be changing how my addon works soon to try my best to prevent things like this. But maybe we can still compare a few things to make sure both of us are doing things cleanly.
If it helps, I prehook on the OnMouseDown on InventorySlot to add the details on click, rather than a straight mouseover.
04/23/14, 07:37 AM   #10
Vicster0

Originally Posted by Cairenn View Post
You should hop into the IRC channel, Vicster0.

Originally Posted by ins View Post
lol..

Originally Posted by Cairenn View Post
Indeed there is, along with a guild, see my link above. Also, sorry for the thread derail. *gets back out of the thread*
I've been meaning to contact one of you for an invite but "dem addons doe", all of my times are belonging to them! :P

I will look into the IRC Channel. I have not used IRC in quite some time.. that should be interesting.

Originally Posted by Wobin View Post
If it helps, I prehook on the OnMouseDown on InventorySlot to add the details on click, rather than a straight mouseover.
Wobin, please be careful with this. From my experience a lot of caution needs to be taken with prehooking some ZO controls as they may call private/protected code somewhere in the stack which could throw an error if you've modified this. But alas, you already knew that based on our conversation in a previous thread.. .lol (here)

Question; are you using the built in ZO_PreHookHandler? I wonder if using my own prehooking function is what is causing these problems...

I have Sous Chef installed actually so I will try to dev some changes into InventoryInsight using ZO_PreHookHandler and see if it has any affect. Truthfully, I've never seen any output form Sous Chef since installing it but never had time to really look into what it was supposed to be doing again... >.< I have a feeling I know exactly what is happening here...
04/23/14, 08:01 PM   #11
Cavanoskus
Premium Member

Premium Member
Thank you for the responses, guys! And yeah, I definitely will submit as bug reports in the future, but I wasn't sure how best to report an issue involving two separate addons and authors.

As far as error messages go, I'm not getting any at all. All that's happening is that I see Vicster's information in the tooltip but not Sous Chef. So I can mouse over a recipe and see how many I have in my bags or bank, but not which characters know it.
04/23/14, 08:56 PM   #12
Vicster0

Originally Posted by Cavanoskus View Post
Thank you for the responses, guys! And yeah, I definitely will submit as bug reports in the future, but I wasn't sure how best to report an issue involving two separate addons and authors.

As far as error messages go, I'm not getting any at all. All that's happening is that I see Vicster's information in the tooltip but not Sous Chef. So I can mouse over a recipe and see how many I have in my bags or bank, but not which characters know it.
Cavanoskus, just to make sure, you are aware that Sous Chef requires that you click on an ingredient for the information from Sous Chef to be added to the tooltip, right? I just want to be sure, because I did some pretty thorough testing today and didn't have any problems running Sous Chef along InventoryInsight.

If you are ware of this and still can't get it to work, please let me know what version of InventoryInsight and Sous Chef you are currently running. Thanks!
04/24/14, 08:51 PM   #13
Cavanoskus
Premium Member

Premium Member
Cavanoskus, just to make sure, you are aware that Sous Chef requires that you click on an ingredient for the information from Sous Chef to be added to the tooltip, right? I just want to be sure, because I did some pretty thorough testing today and didn't have any problems running Sous Chef along InventoryInsight.

If you are ware of this and still can't get it to work, please let me know what version of InventoryInsight and Sous Chef you are currently running. Thanks!
Yeah, nothing was happening when I clicked. But a few minutes ago I was having some other issues and ended up completely clearing out all my saved variables and reinstalling addons from fresh downloads, leaving out a few I had decided I didn't need. I came back to this thread right away to let you know that now, it works perfectly, but the bad part of my scorched-earth approach is that I don't know what was causing the problem. Still, I'm glad to have it working now! Thanks for your help, even if it was just something wrong on my end all along.
04/24/14, 09:12 PM   #14
Vicster0

Very interesting! I'm not sure what would have been causing that but there is a chance that it was the combination of three addons (one being one of the ones you didn't reinstall) that was causing the dirty deed.

Glad you are working alright now and finding our addons useful!

Again, feel free to report any bugs or feature requests you find to the trackers in the author portals where applicable.

Have a good one!

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Vicster's Inventory Insight conflicting with Sous Chef?