04/27/14, 02:40 AM   #1
Selrach
Change AddOn Settings Order?

As in the title, I'm wondering if there's a way to change the order for the AddOn's settings. To give an example:

You see how the addons show up in no particular order? I thought it might be order of install/registering in the game client, but that doesn't seem right to me.. it may be something really simple, but I can't figure out what order they're in, or if there's a way to change it. Considering the growth of my addon list, I'd like to be able to arrange them alphabetically or.. well something other than no apparent rhyme or reason anyways.
Thanks in advance for any help with this!
04/27/14, 07:03 AM   #2
Garkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Selrach View Post
As in the title, I'm wondering if there's a way to change the order for the AddOn's settings. To give an example:
[IMG]
You see how the addons show up in no particular order? I thought it might be order of install/registering in the game client, but that doesn't seem right to me.. it may be something really simple, but I can't figure out what order they're in, or if there's a way to change it. Considering the growth of my addon list, I'd like to be able to arrange them alphabetically or.. well something other than no apparent rhyme or reason anyways.
Thanks in advance for any help with this!
Its in order of loading addons, I think there is no easy way to sort items in settings menu.
04/27/14, 07:31 AM   #3
Selrach
Originally Posted by Garkin View Post
Its in order of loading addons, I think there is no easy way to sort items in settings menu.
Well, that bytes.
04/27/14, 08:35 AM   #4
ins
I would guess LAM could sort it, since it is responsible for adding most of them to that menu.
04/27/14, 10:38 AM   #5
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
LAM could, but that would require waiting for all addons to register with it first and create their panels, then sort their order, then actually create the panels and let the addons set up their options.

Not impossible, but it would break a whole lot of addons if they weren't updated for the change.
04/27/14, 08:09 PM   #6
Selrach
LAM being LibAddonMenu?
Sounds like it'd cause more problems than it'd solve to even try. Ah well.
Maybe someone will come out with a genius revelation in the future, guess I'll just wait and see. =3

Edit: Also, thanks for responding and informing me about it all!

Last edited by Selrach : 04/27/14 at 08:12 PM.
04/27/14, 08:35 PM   #7
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
NP LAM will be getting a rewrite sometime over the summer, as I'll have more free time then.
04/27/14, 11:24 PM   #8
ins
Speaking of LAM; Do you know a way to remove the Panels after they are added to the menu? I haven't found a table that list them, only their "XML Equivalent". I added my own panel (to use Optionswindow) through a sort of hack (bypassing the use of LAM) but would like to remove it when not displaying the menu.
04/28/14, 03:25 PM   #9
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Adding something to the settings menu automatically creates a panel to go with it. Each panel has an ID. Clicking an entry in the menu tells the client which panel to display, based on its ID. This ID is what is returned in the panelID variable from LAM:CreatePanel(), for example.

Now... As for "remove it", I don't know what you're saying.
04/29/14, 05:23 AM   #10
Vicster0

I will be releasing the beta for an addon (probably tonight) that will do exactly what the OP has requested and more. The beta will only handle alphabetical order for now but I have plans to add support for manually sorting the menu options however you'd like, hiding options you don't want, and having all of this persist from session to session.

Also, in this version I'm including the option to remove color from the settings titles as I personally find this quite annoying.

Be on the lookout for OptionsRestacker - probably in the utilities section.
04/29/14, 05:35 AM   #11
ins
Intriguing cant wait to try it out.
04/29/14, 05:36 AM   #12
Selrach
I'll be looking forward to checking that out. =)
04/29/14, 09:45 PM   #13
Vicster0

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info3...Restacker.html

Well, there it is.

So, I decided to finish up a VERY ROUGH draft of the extra features I mentioned previously instead of just posting a super super beta. So, the edges are very rough.. It probably looks quite thrown together... And there may be a few really messy areas and some weird bugs... but it needs to be worked on more.

The code is in much need of some comments (unusual for me, but this was thrown together..) but if anyone would like to help advance this just PM me or msg me on IRC and we can talk.

Anyway, read through the details page for everything (my tired mind remembered to add to it) but the summary is: Alphabetical sorting and customized sorting both with option color removal.

Let me know what you think! Good night!

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Change AddOn Settings Order?