04/17/23, 04:50 AM   #1
sirinsidiator

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Update 38 (Version 9.0)

The next chapter "Necrom" will be available on the PTS later today.

New API Version: 101038

Notable Changes
  • New zone, trial, item sets, combat changes, etc.
  • More Daily/Weekly Reset Timer Updates
  • New "Arcanist" class
  • Collectible Favorites
  • Filleting multiple stacks of fish
  • New PVP Keep Messaging
  • Confirmation dialog for quest rewards that would be lost due to currency caps (i.e. Event Tickets)
  • New error UI behavior (see comment below)
  • New integer53 type to replace id64 where possible (see comment below)
  • The code for various wheel menus (e.g. FISHING_MANAGER) has been merged into INTERACTIVE_WHEEL_MANAGER.
  • Beta version of a new Launcher

PTS Dev Guild
We have created guilds on the EU and NA server for all addon developers, which get copied over during the PTS cycle for a new update, so we can test guild related things, ask for help with testing or just chat. If you need an invite, ask here or over on our Matrix channel. You are also free to join them on the live servers so you don't always have to be reinvited when the PTS is wiped.

LinksI'll edit the OP with more useful information as you post it and add the links as they become available.

Last edited by sirinsidiator : 06/06/23 at 06:43 PM.
04/17/23, 10:22 AM   #2
ZOS_DanBatson
ZOS Staff!

Yes this person is from ZeniMax!
Documentation. Patch notes to follow tomorrow.
Attached Files
File Type: txt ESOUIDocumentationP38.txt (905.6 KB, 759 views)
04/17/23, 10:24 AM   #3
ZOS_DanBatson
ZOS Staff!

Note: we've changed the way UI errors work to make them less disruptive to regular players. There's now simple mode and advanced mode. Addon devs will want to turn on advanced mode.

I've also introduced the concept of an integer53. This is essentially a uint64 cast to a luanumber (double) which has up to 2^53 precision. Any time we were using an id64 but the number was likely to be within that precision, I've switched to a integer53. This will allow you to do regular math operations and see the true value and what not on it, and not need the annoying id64 APIs to work with it. Most commonly this pertains to timestamps. Many kinds of ids like furniture ids and character ids are still id64. The patch notes will call out which things have changed, but you can search the documentation for integer53 to get an idea.

Last edited by ZOS_DanBatson : 04/17/23 at 10:30 AM.
04/17/23, 01:06 PM   #4
Sharlikran

I can't see any Lua errors at all. Where do I turn on advanced mode?

Also popups are kinda broken. At least the popup for the chat menu doesn't open when you click the gear or circle. If it's a mod causing it then I don't know because I can't see any errors and nothing shows up in LibDebugLogger either.
04/17/23, 01:09 PM   #5
Sharlikran

I guess it's in UserSettings.txt
04/17/23, 02:05 PM   #6
ZOS_DanBatson
ZOS Staff!

The setting to control it is in the AddOn settings menu. By default it's simple mode, but simple mode does not make no errors show up. If you're experiencing that, I suspect something else would be causing that experience. Only addon devs or particularly Lua-savvy users should conceivably get any real benefit from advanced errors, and thus the setting lives where addon settings live.

The big change with the new simple mode is that it will not show you more than one error at a time (so when you dismiss, you dismiss any and all errors that had occured) and you can suppress to make sure you don't see errors again, allowing you to get past otherwise innocuous erros locking you down from an update loop.

Last edited by ZOS_DanBatson : 04/17/23 at 02:12 PM.
04/17/23, 03:17 PM   #7
Navarill
Originally Posted by Sharlikran View Post
I guess it's in UserSettings.txt
If you use Addon Selector, it overwrites the checkbox for advanced lua errors at the top of Addon Settings.
04/17/23, 04:20 PM   #8
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Originally Posted by Navarill View Post
If you use Addon Selector, it overwrites the checkbox for advanced lua errors at the top of Addon Settings.
Originally Posted by ZOS_DanBatson
The setting to control it is in the AddOn settings menu.
Maybe I'm the only one seeing it that way but in my opinion those new chechboxes for advanced error messages should be placed IN THE SETTINGS PLEASE @ZosDanBatson and not at the addon manager...
These are general settings, so why not use the settings panel for it?
04/17/23, 04:39 PM   #9
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
FISHING_MANAGER global variable was removed (was often used for Interaction Manager access to the "interactions tuff below the reticle/crosshair) as the global for that one was missing in the past).
-> Accordig to ZOs you can use INTERACTIVE_WHEEL_MANAGER as a replacement!

Lua Code:
  1. SecurePostHook(FISHING_MANAGER or INTERACTIVE_WHEEL_MANAGER, "StartInteraction", OnStartInteraction)

Last edited by Baertram : 04/17/23 at 05:54 PM.
04/18/23, 12:53 PM   #10
ZOS_DanBatson
ZOS Staff!

Patch notes
Attached Files
File Type: txt APIPatchNotesP38.txt (10.3 KB, 746 views)
04/19/23, 02:38 AM   #11
Masteroshi430

* IsZoneCollectibleLocked(*luaindex* _zoneIndex_)
This can be really useful to avoid spoilers on maps for exemple
04/20/23, 01:40 PM   #12
ExoY

I discovered some weird behaviour with moving ui elements from addons. Which is different to how it is currently on live.
Maybe somebody else can check, if they are able to reproduce it.
Also I dont know if that is intended or maybe a bug.

What I usually do to move ui around is "activate" the cursor by pressing the "enter"-key.
This doesnt work properly anymore on pts. Once I click on a ui to drag and drop it the courser just disappears, as if I just clicked on Gui root.

I cann still move stuff around, but I need to activate the courser using the specific hotkey for it, which is "." by default (i believe).

Obviously I cannot try this without any addons activated. But to decrease the chance that some addons interfere I tested it on live and pts with only my addon "ExoYs ProcSet Timer" and its dependencies activated.

I noticed the same behaviour with other addons as well.
04/20/23, 02:32 PM   #13
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
You could try Azurah addon to move vanilla UI around, but it's also an addon for sure ;-)

Maybe unrelated but I wonder if this "reticle" cursor mode change is a general bug "for some players" on PTS?

Someone else told me 2 days ago he was not able (all addons disabled) to click on the chat channel selection box anymore and choose a zone/say/yell/tell cannel there without having the mouse change to the reticle mode automatically.
We did some test and the settings to change/keep mouse cursor uring typing did not change/affect this for him.

Unfortunately it did work fine for me. I could click on the box and after that choose a channel and my cursor was in the text editbox then,r eday to type.
For him it never came to the chat editbox, always switched to reticle mode after selecting a chat channel.

We did remove all addons and libs, created a new char, and did other tests. Nothing helped him.
04/20/23, 03:35 PM   #14
Navarill
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
Someone else told me 2 days ago he was not able (all addons disabled) to click on the chat channel selection box anymore and choose a zone/say/yell/tell cannel there without having the mouse change to the reticle mode automatically.
Update: I've always pressed ENTER to initiate use of the chat box. This is broken on PTS. If I use the period key instead, it works as expected. This behavior is not consistent with the live server, where both ENTER and PERIOD work as expected.
04/20/23, 05:01 PM   #15
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
So ENTER/RETURN key, then use the mouse to click on the chat channel selection and select one entry from the selection, after that your mouse cursor was hidden and the chat textbox got no focus, you could not directly write?
04/20/23, 05:48 PM   #16
Navarill
So ENTER/RETURN key, then use the mouse to click on the chat channel selection and select one entry from the selection, after that your mouse cursor was hidden and the chat textbox got no focus, you could not directly write?
Not quite. With ENTER/RETURN I could click on the chat channel selection to bring up the menu of choices, but at that point the focus went back to the main HUD and I could not select any of the choices. Same if I clicked on chat settings - immediately after clicking, the mouse lost focus.
04/23/23, 09:01 PM   #17
Calamath
Ui_setting_automatic_quest_tracking

Originally Posted by ZOS_DanBatson View Post
Patch notes
* UI_SETTING_AUTOMATIC_QUEST_TRACKING

I didn't notice it in the patch notes, but this optional setting is something I have been craving for a very long time.
It's odd that this option was added out of the blue, but it saves me from having to run unmannered code on my Quest Tracker add-ons.
I appreciate it very much.
04/24/23, 07:48 AM   #18
Anceane

You could try Azurah addon to move vanilla UI around, but it's also an addon for sure ;-)

Maybe unrelated but I wonder if this "reticle" cursor mode change is a general bug "for some players" on PTS?

We did some test and the settings to change/keep mouse cursor uring typing did not change/affect this for him.

Unfortunately it did work fine for me. I could click on the box and after that choose a channel and my cursor was in the text editbox then,r eday to type.
For him it never came to the chat editbox, always switched to reticle mode after selecting a chat channel.

We did remove all addons and libs, created a new char, and did other tests. Nothing helped him.
I am not an author so sorry if i write here, but it happened i had this error, and by disabling the LUI module chat, all went back to normal. (i tested also addons like No thank you and FCO stuff but only LUI did the correction)
05/06/23, 01:08 PM   #19
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Originally Posted by ExoY View Post
I discovered some weird behaviour with moving ui elements from addons. Which is different to how it is currently on live.
Maybe somebody else can check, if they are able to reproduce it.
Also I dont know if that is intended or maybe a bug.

What I usually do to move ui around is "activate" the cursor by pressing the "enter"-key.
This doesnt work properly anymore on pts. Once I click on a ui to drag and drop it the courser just disappears, as if I just clicked on Gui root.

I cann still move stuff around, but I need to activate the courser using the specific hotkey for it, which is "." by default (i believe).

Obviously I cannot try this without any addons activated. But to decrease the chance that some addons interfere I tested it on live and pts with only my addon "ExoYs ProcSet Timer" and its dependencies activated.

I noticed the same behaviour with other addons as well.

More insights from Calamath,thanks for that!
When I turned on the "HUD Cursor On Entry" setting and performed the Start Chat action in the HUD scene, the mouse cursor appeared and I was able to enter string text in the chat window. This looks like a transition to the hudui scene.
But when I type /script d(SCENE_MANAGER:GetCurrentScene():GetName()), sometimes it returns 'hud' and sometimes it returns 'hudui'.
Digging a little deeper, I noticed that this behavior has changed after PTS patch to rely on the mouse cursor coodinates saved just BEFORE performing the StartChat action in the hud scene.
If the mouse cursor was inside the chat window for example, it will be 'hudui' no matter where you move the cursor after the action.
If the cursor was on a place such as a landscape with no UI elements, it will be 'hud'.
Moving the mouse cursor somewhere else after performing the chat start action, such as mouse over a toplevel window, no longer changed the result anymore.
Maybe it's a latency issue, but I couldn't resize the chat window in the conditions that I would get 'hud' result.
On the other hand, under the condition of returning "hudui", I am free to resize the chat window in the PTS as well as in the live server.
This difference in behavior may be as intended by design, but it is very difficult for me to understand intuitively.
The conclusion may be that we should not interact with the UI element by mouse cursor AFTER the StartChat action.

Edit:

ZOs was able to reproduce the issue and is working on a fix.

Last edited by Baertram : 05/10/23 at 02:01 AM.
05/15/23, 01:38 PM   #20
ZOS_DanBatson
ZOS Staff!

Edit:

ZOs was able to reproduce the issue and is working on a fix.
We have a fix. Not clear yet if it'll be in an incremental or Update 39.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Tutorials & Other Helpful Info » Update 38 (Version 9.0)