04/14/20, 08:57 AM   #1
fbst999
Question Share equipment informations in group

Hi everyone,

i'm looking for an add-on who let players share their equipment informations in a group.
For example, get a table with player's name, and information about equiped stuff on each player (set,trait, level etc...) that installed the add on and configure share feature.

does anyone know if this already exist?
i never found anything on existing addons and this feature could be cool for raid optimization etc...

have a nice day,

feel free to contact me

Last edited by fbst999 : 04/14/20 at 09:14 AM.
04/14/20, 09:50 AM   #2
Kyoma
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hmmm, I think Bandits User Interface has a type of gear sharing with regards to certain sets. EDIT: Don't think there's anything that shares your complete equipment due to the limited way of sharing info between group members.
04/14/20, 01:42 PM   #3
fbst999
ok thank you for your answer, do you think this is limited by the game engine?
04/14/20, 02:06 PM   #4
Kyoma
Originally Posted by fbst999 View Post
ok thank you for your answer, do you think this is limited by the game engine?
Yea, all of the sharing that addons do within a group work by pinging the map and then using the coordinates to 'encode' a limited about of data (in the form of numbers basically).
04/15/20, 05:17 AM   #5
fbst999
OK thank you again for your answer.
So, to find an other way to do that, can you tell me if a database with all stuff is query able by add ons?
My idea is to do that manually, so each player in a group could install add on and fill a form with his stuff enchantment etc... And these informations could be readable by other group member. Do you think this is possible?
04/15/20, 06:00 AM   #6
Kyoma
OK thank you again for your answer.
So, to find an other way to do that, can you tell me if a database with all stuff is query able by add ons?
My idea is to do that manually, so each player in a group could install add on and fill a form with his stuff enchantment etc... And these informations could be readable by other group member. Do you think this is possible?
Something like this could be done with guild notes (or friend notes) but there's no 'notes' for groupmembers.
04/15/20, 06:02 AM   #7
fbst999
OK it doesn t exist or it s not possible?
04/15/20, 06:05 AM   #8
Kyoma
OK it doesn t exist or it s not possible?
It's not possible for groups but in theory if, for example, its for raids within a guild it might be possible to just use guildnotes and have an addon write the player's gear in his note and then another person with the addon would then read it. A bit of a workaround and it has its own drawbacks. Don't think there's an addon out there that does this exactly but there are a few that utilize the guild member notes to 'store/transfer' data
04/15/20, 06:09 AM   #9
fbst999
OK thank you for your answers I ll will check that! I saw esolog who seems to do that too
04/15/20, 06:12 AM   #10
Kyoma
OK thank you for your answers I ll will check that! I saw esolog who seems to do that too
ESOLog is a bit different because it is 'endorsed' by ZOS itself. Main reason ZOS is fine with it is that none of the info it provides is live. It's all after-the-fact stuff. They don't want something like that in a way that gives the player this kind of info about the group instantly.
04/15/20, 06:37 AM   #11
sirinsidiator

You should also keep in mind that the community has loudly spoken against things that incite elitism in the past, like having to share your dps or your gear in a group. I understand that it can be useful for endgame guilds, but anything you make in that direction may force ZOS to lock down some more APIs if the community speaks against it.
04/15/20, 07:37 AM   #12
fbst999
Yes in understand it s not for end game purpose but for assistant for beginner players who do not know where to look for give informations to the guild. But it can be used for end game and I agree with the bad side of dps share etc... My request was not for this purpose.

And sorry for my poor English I m French
04/15/20, 09:18 AM   #13
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
For guilds it is more viable to runa discord server or to use the guild's description page to share "links" to websites liek Allcast or other content where there already exists beginner guides on gear, actions, dungeons etc.
No need to implement this into addons. Just tell them to install a chat addon able to read links and they can ask in guild chat or read their guiold's description containing the links imo.

I'd love to have this "Share my gear" addon as well, just as I'm used to the LOTRO "inspect player" routines but I gave up on this. It would be nice for roleplaying, if you could also add some background story etc. in text form. But sharing all this data is impossible to be done ingame atm so one would only be able to share this info outside of the game somehow via a website maybe. And I think there already exists some sort of website for this purpose of gear sharing:
ESO-Database.com

+ the extract addon:
https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info...portAddOn.html

Edit:
Just saw there is no gear shared. Maybe ask the dev keldor if this would be possible + some background information text about the character, shareable with others.
04/15/20, 10:53 AM   #14
fbst999
Yes we use already discord but there is a ton of add on and I hoped that one would do that I ll will see what to do and find a way to do it the easier way possible.

Thank you all for your answers

Take care
04/15/20, 11:19 AM   #15
Sordrak

RdK Group Tool has this functionality. But it is meant for PvP only (and likely interferes with certain PvE AddOns).

Furthermore, some restrictions have to be met. It is off by default (not be intrusive), you need to be in the same guild (and group) and only officers (guild ranks 1 - 3) are capable of requesting and reading that information.
04/15/20, 12:51 PM   #16
fbst999
Thank you I tried it with a mate in my guild and in my group but it doesn t work, even if I authorize in the config of the add-ons I will check that thank you a lot it should do the job!

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Share equipment informations in group