05/19/17, 01:39 PM   #1
MacWhinny
Addons not showing up ingame

I'm having some issues with addons not showing ingame, i'm playing on the EU server and have set my minion directory to go through C:\Users\Username\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\liveeu\AddOns
but they still do not show up, i've even tried it with the live folder and that still does nothing. Does anyone have any ideas. I've also tried to use curse and NMM and they still don't show up ingame either. I've even manually places the addon in the addon folder and that also doesn't show.
05/19/17, 03:43 PM   #2
MacWhinny
OK so i figured out what was going on. eso installed two addon folders and was not looking for addons in the correct location. Way to find out is to search for addons in the search bar. Hope this helps others who have done everything right but still can't figure out why addons are not showing ingame.

ow and don't bother emails eso about it, they will not help. It's a joke. Even when it turns out to be a game installation bug and not something to do with someone else's addon.

only took me 4 days to figure this out, theres one post in a remote bloody forum about this. Now theres two.
05/19/17, 05:51 PM   #3
Anceane

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
From memory the LiveEU folder have been renamed for all (NA+EU) and renamed to LIVE only.

So be sur that your folder is rightly named.
05/19/17, 07:49 PM   #4
MacWhinny
Originally Posted by Anceane View Post
From memory the LiveEU folder have been renamed for all (NA+EU) and renamed to LIVE only.

So be sur that your folder is rightly named.

yes as i said it was because eso was looking in a different addons folder that was found in C:\ProgramData\Elder Scrolls Online\live and not where it should of been looking for addons, by doing a quick search for addons in your files
05/24/17, 04:10 AM   #5
corton01
Originally Posted by MacWhinny View Post
OK so i figured out what was going on. eso installed two addon folders and was not looking for addons in the correct location. Way to find out is to search for addons in the search bar. Hope this helps others who have done everything right but still can't figure out why addons are not showing ingame.

ow and don't bother emails eso about it, they will not help. It's a joke. Even when it turns out to be a game installation bug and not something to do with someone else's addon.

only took me 4 days to figure this out, theres one post in a remote bloody forum about this. Now theres two.
I have the same problem but only for the MIimap, the others are working ok.
Now you say to "serch for addons in the serch bar". Can you point me out what search bar are you talking about? Because I have my addons on ;Live, Liveeu, addons, "C" drive and also on the "E" drive where my game is located. still everyone is working but MiniMap.
05/25/17, 02:02 PM   #6
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
The windows search bar, it is implemented inside the normal file explorer at the top right corner.
Use this to find the addons.

Maybe try to reinstall the add-on that is not working. Perhaps the ZIP archive was not extracted correctly.
01/13/20, 01:04 PM   #7
ijustsavedu
having more problems with my addons again. Minion will install them correctly but now ESO wont load them in game. There is only one folder in my documents folder for Addons.
01/14/20, 03:07 AM   #8
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Search for the filename AddonSettings.txt oder UserSetttings.txt with the Windows Explorer.
Do you only find one folder or multiple? If multiple. Check which file got the newest update date and time, this should be the folder where the AddOns should be in.

Do you use Microsoft OneDrive?
Remove the documents folder from it, search the web or forum here for more details about OneDrive and ESO.

If you are using any antivirus tool (Windows Defener e.g.) and allow the Elder Scrolls Online folder (where the addons are in) in the Whitelist.
With any Windows update the access to the folder could have been blocked and thus ESO cannot access it anymore and can't load the addons and needed file AddOnSettings.txt.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Addons not showing up ingame