05/29/14, 06:34 PM   #1
Planar
Suggestion to add to Minion

I think it would be excellent if Minion would read the API version from the add ons and then if it doesn't match the current API version that's live it would put a little icon indicating the add on is out of date, especially those you might download or want to uninstall if they stay out of date.

The attached pictures is a sad mock up but gets the idea across. I also have no idea if the two Add Ons I labeled are out of date, just examples.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	outdated minion.JPG
Views:	646
Size:	127.6 KB
ID:	266  
05/29/14, 09:06 PM   #2
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Interesting idea, thanks!

If you weren't aware you can currently get the game compatibly information if you click on the AddOn in the list. It is listed in the stats towards the top.

Personally I'm not sure I'd ever really need/want to see game compatibility on the installed list. However it might be useful on the "find more" list when choosing AddOns to install.

Is there a reason you would want to see this on the installed list?
06/02/14, 02:38 PM   #3
Planar
Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
Interesting idea, thanks!

If you weren't aware you can currently get the game compatibly information if you click on the AddOn in the list. It is listed in the stats towards the top.
yes I did but thanks

Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
Personally I'm not sure I'd ever really need/want to see game compatibility on the installed list.
However it might be useful on the "find more" list when choosing AddOns to install.
Is there a reason you would want to see this on the installed list?
Well for example lets say you love the add on called "InstaZap" and the game patches and it breaks and doesn't work even with use outdated turned on. So since you like it so much you leav it in minion, hoping for the day it updates, but instead the developer has already switched to the next new game and has no intention of telling us or further developing it. 3 patches go by with API changes and now it is 3 versions old, by knowing how far behind it is I can finally decide to UNINSTALL it. A good example is there are MANY add ons that haven't worked since the big API change in beta, yet they still exist in the search. So another reason would be that I don't pay attention and install an add on without noticing its compatibility, now it would instantly let me know its outdated if I missed it.

Now as for the search it would be great to filter out add ons and it definitely would be nice if there was a way when an add on was old for people (logged in) could vote it worked with the new API, this would be a way to decide if the dev never comes back but his add on continues to work that someone could just patch the .txt file and update the API version.

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » Suggestion to add to Minion