09/19/17, 02:16 PM   #1
LyonheartCo
updating bar never stops

I have read through threads looking for a solution. When i open Minion it auto updates.. have not had any issue until now. the progress bar next to each addon is stuck going back and forth and never finishes the updates.

Windows 10 64bit
Attached Files
File Type: log minion.log (923.8 KB, 495 views)
File Type: xml minion.xml (6.9 KB, 448 views)
09/21/17, 06:41 AM   #2
Noctume

Got the same problem....
I just change ESO folder from my F: to my D: but the addons folder don't change and update just loading without ending.... I uninstall and reinstall 3 times for nothing ....

Can u help me ?
Attached Files
File Type: log minion.log (1.20 MB, 414 views)
File Type: xml minion.xml (11.1 KB, 492 views)
09/21/17, 11:06 AM   #3
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
LyonheartCo,
Minion does not have permission to write to this path:
Code:
ERROR 2017-09-19 14:11:47,528 [Thread-75] gg.minion.service.DownloadService:call(119): Catching java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\travis\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns\Azurah_2.3.4.zip (Access is denied)
Noctume,

Code:
ERROR 2017-09-21 14:36:28,180 [Thread-98] gg.minion.service.DownloadService:call(119): Catching java.io.FileNotFoundException: F:\Noctume Docs\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns\ActionDurationReminder-3.0.20.zip (Accès refusé)
Something must have changed the permissions on your Documents folder or the following subfolders. A quick fix would be to close Minion and right click and run as admin. The long fix is to find out why your Documents folder permissions changed and update the permissions so Minion can access it.
09/21/17, 01:51 PM   #4
Noctume

I run Minion as Admin, nothing changed and I really don't know how permissions changed and I rally don't know how fix it :/ Help ? ><
09/21/17, 03:39 PM   #5
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Right click the folder, choose settings/properties, go to tab "Security" and check if your username got write & read access to this folder and all subfolders. If not, grant it to your user by adding your username via the "Edit/Change" button, and put your username (and domain if needed ) in the lower edit field.

See this video maybe it helps:
http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/fix-acc...rs-windows-10/

Or just search for ""Windows 10 folder access" or "Windows 10 folder permission"
09/22/17, 04:31 AM   #6
Noctume

I follow the video for my Hard Disk, my Doc folder and the addons folder, nothing change :/
09/22/17, 04:47 AM   #7
Noctume

Don't asking why but I luanch the file : Minion-jfx.jar with my java and all works well O_O
09/22/17, 06:50 AM   #8
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
You probably have an issue with your Antivirus software then. Did you exclude the Minion.exe file from your antivirus checks or did you try to do so? The software mostly got something like an "exclude list". Maybe this helps.
09/24/17, 11:13 AM   #9
LyonheartCo
Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
LyonheartCo,
Code:
ERROR 2017-09-19 14:11:47,528 [Thread-75] gg.minion.service.DownloadService:call(119): Catching java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\travis\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns\Azurah_2.3.4.zip (Access is denied)
Noctume,

Code:
ERROR 2017-09-21 14:36:28,180 [Thread-98] gg.minion.service.DownloadService:call(119): Catching java.io.FileNotFoundException: F:\Noctume Docs\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns\ActionDurationReminder-3.0.20.zip (Accès refusé)
Something must have changed the permissions on your Documents folder or the following subfolders. A quick fix would be to close Minion and right click and run as admin. The long fix is to find out why your Documents folder permissions changed and update the permissions so Minion can access it.
I tried running as admin, that does not work.. cant figure out of to give it permission/fix it
10/02/17, 09:35 PM   #10
ciaransmods
Having the same problem.

minion.log indicates an access error:
Catching java.io.FileNotFoundException ...... Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns\AIResearchGrid - 9.1.zip (Access is denied)

Running Minion as an administrator makes no difference. I am also a member of Administrators and have full control over the folder where the AddOns are located.

Last edited by ciaransmods : 10/02/17 at 09:37 PM.
10/07/17, 12:57 PM   #11
Shadowfen
Fix. I just had the same problem. The cause was an update to my antivirus program which decided to start blocking programs that wanted to write to certain protected directories. I noticed the exclamation on the antivirus icon and brought that up to find that it was asking if it should continue to block minion.exe.

I told the antivirus that minion.exe was allowed to update files; then restarted minion. This time, the update proceeded without a problem.

The antivirus that I use is BitDefender btw...
10/08/17, 07:03 AM   #12
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
You probably have an issue with your Antivirus software then. Did you exclude the Minion.exe file from your antivirus checks or did you try to do so? The software mostly got something like an "exclude list". Maybe this helps.
As I had written some weeks before
11/28/17, 03:49 AM   #13
Hartukktu

Thumbs up Thanks and additional solution

Thanks Dolby and Lyonheartco for discussing this! I had the same problem. This pointed me to the solution. Short: It wasn't the permissions, but me forgetting to let minon know I had changed a location...!

Long:
I had the issue where the launcher would always ask me if I wanted to use the US or EU server.

Found a solution involving removing/renaming directories (I forgot the particulars, if you need this please reply and I will dig it up)

Anyhoo, from your post I gathered to look at the minion.log (located in c:\Users\<user>\.minion\)

There I found a permission error: minion was looking at ta directory which was no longer there.

Solution: set the addon directory to the correct location by correcting the settings or letting minion redetect the addons.

Solved!

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » updating bar never stops