Quantcast
I want to make my first addon (improve Awesome guild merchand) - ESOUI
01/26/21, 01:13 PM   #1
ksorah
Post I want to make my first addon (improve Awesome guild merchand)

Hello,

I know the basis in programmation (variables, loops, conditions, etc...), but I never developped a mod.

I want to add these functions to AGM, maybe I'll get more ideas later :
-search per vendor's name (because I wanted to buy potions to my friend, but not all his stock).
-search only the equipments types that are not actualy in the research cooldown (prevent to buy an item that can't be actualy researched).
-search per profit range but in gold (it actualy exists in MM).

Before I start to search in the AGM code and librairies, can someone advice me to how to start ? While I get an answer, I go to the other forum to search some informations.

Thanks.
01/26/21, 01:41 PM   #2
ksorah
For the first idea, I've seen that here :
https://wiki.esoui.com/API
There is MatchTradingHouseItemNames, but nothing like MatchTradingHousePlayerName

So I can't search per player ?
01/26/21, 01:50 PM   #3
Sharlikran

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
What mod is Awesome Guild Merchant? There is a mod called Awesome Guild Store. There are also other mods with Merchant in the name that are already being updated that have to do with traders and you can't just upload your own version of them. What mod are you planning on updating?
01/26/21, 02:02 PM   #4
Baertram

I'd rather start small instead of re-inventing an existing, well maintained addon like "Awesome Guild Store" and trying to include data other addons (you named it: MM) provide. There are reasons why these are different addons.
If you want features added to the addon ask the author if he may add them -> at the addon's comments and feature section.
If you want to copy the addon and build your own patched one, check if "patches" of the addon are enabled/allowed.

Enhancing other addons won't work if you do not get the permission of the authors. So ask them first please if you are allowed to work on it.
Or you'd have to build the totally same on your own code base.

Upload rules:
https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11
You certify that either you are the copyright holder of all documents being submitted or have permission to submit them.
How to create addons:
https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8413
https://www.esoui.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=172
https://wiki.esoui.com/Main_Page -> right side "Tutorials"

Current API functions etc:
https://wiki.esoui.com/APIVersion
Scroll to the current one (e.g. 100033) and check the link for the txt file at "API TXT Documentation"

Last edited by Baertram : 01/26/21 at 02:04 PM.
01/26/21, 02:14 PM   #5
sirinsidiator

He already sent me a pm in that regard. I told him it's fine if he wants to play around with it locally, but he won't be allowed to distribute his version.
But reading this thread, I'd strongly suggest you start with something simpler than trying to modify a huge and complicated addon like AwesomeGuildStore.

EDIT: Just noticed the PM was actually from somebody else.
There is a typo in there.

Last edited by sirinsidiator : 01/26/21 at 03:25 PM.
01/26/21, 04:08 PM   #6
ksorah
Thank you for the informations.

Originally Posted by sirinsidiator View Post
He already sent me a pm in that regard. I told him it's fine if he wants to play around with it locally, but he won't be allowed to distribute his version.
But reading this thread, I'd strongly suggest you start with something simpler than trying to modify a huge and complicated addon like AwesomeGuildStore.

EDIT: Just noticed the PM was actually from somebody else.
As you are there sirinsidiator, what do you think about adding those filters ?

If not I'll try it by myself. I understood that I can't distribute my own version, I planned more to purpose a patch, my father (60+yo) is a way better dev than me, but I think it's better for everyone if the author include it to his own addon, for all reasons, it's your addon...
01/27/21, 04:51 AM   #7
sirinsidiator

Originally Posted by ksorah View Post
what do you think about adding those filters ?
-search per vendor's name (because I wanted to buy potions to my friend, but not all his stock).
Several reasons why I don't plan to add this:
  • a player can only list up to 30 items per store in up to 5 guilds which is a really miniscule amount compared to the globally listed items
  • there is no API for it, which makes it quite ineffective - you would be searching for the proverbial needle in a haystack
  • the use case is also kind of niche and most players won't ever need it, so spending UI space on it feels wrong
  • adding it into the text filter would also not be something I'd want to do, since it is already extremely complicated to use and maintain
If you really want to have such a filter, you can create an external filter using the API provided by AGS. You can find some examples in addons like MM, ATT and WritWorthy.

-search only the equipments types that are not actualy in the research cooldown (prevent to buy an item that can't be actualy researched).
That sounds like an interesting option for the already existing trait research filter. I'll add it to the list.

In order to filter by a profit range, one would first have to know how much an item is worth, which is not possible without collecting all kinds of data. So anything related to profit is currently a job for addons like MM and ATT.
There is a typo in there.
01/27/21, 09:47 AM   #8
ksorah
Several reasons why I don't plan to add this:
  • a player can only list up to 30 items per store in up to 5 guilds which is a really miniscule amount compared to the globally listed items
  • there is no API for it, which makes it quite ineffective - you would be searching for the proverbial needle in a haystack
  • the use case is also kind of niche and most players won't ever need it, so spending UI space on it feels wrong
  • adding it into the text filter would also not be something I'd want to do, since it is already extremely complicated to use and maintain
If you really want to have such a filter, you can create an external filter using the API provided by AGS. You can find some examples in addons like MM, ATT and WritWorthy.

That sounds like an interesting option for the already existing trait research filter. I'll add it to the list.

In order to filter by a profit range, one would first have to know how much an item is worth, which is not possible without collecting all kinds of data. So anything related to profit is currently a job for addons like MM and ATT.

1 - I will ask to some people before I try to dev it. Because if I do it, I will need to learn a lot of things that I don't need, and wich some people knows it, maybe the dev of ATT...

2 - Nice thank you.

3 - Ah yes I understand, I mixed the addons.
01/27/21, 10:11 PM   #9
ksorah
-
You could also add a filter to search only items bellow the stock you handle. For exemple flowers I have bellow 1000 of quantity.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » I want to make my first addon (improve Awesome guild merchand)