probably cannot be fixed by addons
www.youtube.com/watch?v=td05ldoWpzs

2. Preferred Roles bug

Howto:
- A invited B to the group
- after this A setup in "I would like their roles to be" 2 healers, for example
- A invited C to the group
- C preferred role must be different, DD for example
- C will receive additional healer role after this...
- if C will change it to only DD again, and then dungeon mode(normal/veteran) will change, or location of one of the players will change - healer role will be added to a random member

id like to see it fixed by Mer Band-Aid ZO-UI Fixes, please
www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUNW0CeX8EQ

3. More players leave the raid

When you leave a big group always wil be promted like some1 else leave group too, but its not true
mby it can be fixed somehow too

Lui Extended has a feature to print in chat all changes in group, so it shows this wrong info in the chat too

www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJPAAlWaAxc

sincerely yours, QuadroTony

Last edited by QuadroTony : 08/09/15 at 10:47 AM.
08/09/15, 09:56 AM   #2
Ayantir

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Bug 1 is for ZOS, we cannot do anything. introduced since beta.

Bug 3 is for ZOS, introduced in 1.6

for bug 2 as there is zero addon on LFG system, it could be complicated , especially because the conditions to reproduce them are not very frequent and no problematic.. but perhaps.
08/09/15, 10:03 AM   #3
QuadroTony
Banned
idk but 2 for me is very frequest when im looking for gold/silver key
sometimes i dont understand why ppl awaiting my heal or tank actions
annoying

Last edited by QuadroTony : 08/09/15 at 10:42 AM.
08/10/15, 04:25 AM   #4
merlight
1. and 3. have been answered

2.1 - where you get a role you didn't set
I think this is set by the server. The only place where UI calls UpdatePlayerRole is from ZO_PreferredRolesButton_OnClicked.
And it might not even be a bug, just poor design. You're looking for 2 healers, and then invite a player directly, circumventing the group finder. So the game assumes the invited player is going to fulfil the healer role. Why I think this is poor design is because it makes assumptions. You might as well decide to run with just 1 healer, or no healer at all. We know many dungeons are easy enough to do that. The game should not assume and assign roles without the player's consent.

2.2 - where the roles get assigned randomly
This is a mess. Honestly I don't even want to start looking into it, because it'd be so hard and time-consuming, and probably turning out as another server issue.
08/10/15, 04:30 AM   #5
QuadroTony
Banned
Originally Posted by merlight View Post
1. and 3. have been answered

2.1 - where you get a role you didn't set
I think this is set by the server. The only place where UI calls UpdatePlayerRole is from ZO_PreferredRolesButton_OnClicked.
And it might not even be a bug, just poor design. You're looking for 2 healers, and then invite a player directly, circumventing the group finder. So the game assumes the invited player is going to fulfil the healer role. Why I think this is poor design is because it makes assumptions. You might as well decide to run with just 1 healer, or no healer at all. We know many dungeons are easy enough to do that. The game should not assume and assign roles without the player's consent.

2.2 - where the roles get assigned randomly
This is a mess. Honestly I don't even want to start looking into it, because it'd be so hard and time-consuming, and probably turning out as another server issue.

what about not a fix, but just setup a role and addon will check everytime you join a group, or group mode changed, or other events it will check your role and if it will not match the role you choose before - addon will change it automatically
08/12/15, 12:45 AM   #6
Criscal
Hi, I think that you can probably reproduce the no leader bug by inviting two people in a row and inviting the second after the first person has already accepted the invitation. At least when I am fast with the invites I think that the no group leader bug hardly happens. You don't have to leave the group btw and reinvite - just teleport, as this seems to reset a couple of settings implicitly.
08/16/15, 03:55 AM   #7
QuadroTony
Banned
Thanks Circonian you are really a best developer
i got your PM and i will test your RoleKeeper addon today, to fix 2nd problem

Last edited by QuadroTony : 08/17/15 at 09:47 AM.
02/09/16, 01:13 PM   #8
QuadroTony
Banned
fixed at least probably

Fixed an issue where a manually-invited group member would not have a role icon next to their name.
last pts build
02/09/16, 01:18 PM   #9
Ayantir

Bug 3 has been fixed no ?

For bug 1, it's now ~fixed, in fact now, when there is no group leader, the "supposed" leader need to use a wayshrine to simulate a server_side "player_activated" event and he get crown without disbanding.

But another effect of this bug is that the mode of the dungeon while being in this state can be buggy.

Addons still can't do anything for that, the problem is in the c++ side of the client.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » 3 Party bugs from QuadroTony the Tester