10/05/21, 08:12 AM   #1
Missiledude777
How do I update the mods and will the out of date mods affect gameplay?

As the title suggest I am having trouble with updating my mods to their latest version, I am running Minion 3 64Bit ver, and am new to ESO as a whole. I have experience modding skyrim with Nexus/Vortex, but not ESO and have trouble updating the mods Im using. Please advice on how should I update my mods

I tried restarting Minion, with the auto update setting turned on and off, however not all the mods are updated.

Attached pics are for your reference
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ESO Mod List.png
Views:	208
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	1424  Click image for larger version

Name:	ESO Mod List In Game.png
Views:	220
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	1425  Click image for larger version

Name:	ESO Mod List Minion 3.PNG
Views:	202
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	1426  
10/05/21, 08:56 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Read the Minion forum sticky thread about Minion troubleshooting please: https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8082
e.g. Use the Minion 32bit version, as the 64 bit version is buggy sometimes.
If Minion says the addons are updated then they are. If you do not trust it you need to manually check for addon updates, but this is very time consuming as you should do this each day before login at least once.

A how-to is in the forum "addon help" as sticky thread at the top:
https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8858

And the out of date is nothing you should worry about. It's just not telling a damn about if addons work, or not.
You can read about it in the web everywhere and in the forum here as well if you search for out of date:
https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9295
https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9149

Last edited by Baertram : 10/05/21 at 11:54 AM.
10/05/21, 10:01 AM   #3
Shadowfen
Note that one of your addons (Inventory Grid View) is known to contain out-of-date embedded libraries which will cause problems with other addons (i.e. cause them to not work or for their UI's to become wierd). It is also not maintained.

Recommend that you remove it and replace with the GridList addon that is maintained and does essentially the same job.
10/05/21, 08:21 PM   #4
Sharlikran

This is most defiantly one of those asked many times, answered many times kinds of things. For the record nobody is trying to be negative but I will reiterate some of what is in my sticky post.

Ignore the out of date message. It does not mean Minion didn't update the mods, nothing is wrong with minion. It doesn't mean there is a newer version. It doesn't mean any of the authors will see your message and do anything.

As I have said many times. Make sure you have no BugCatcher or NoThankYou type mods that hide Lua messages. Log into the game, and if you see Lua errors read them yourself and uninstall the mod with the error until you have no errors.

Then if there is a mod that "IS NOT" old, "THAT HAS" been updated recently that is causing an error then that mod may not really be causing the error. More then likely an older mod has older versions of some libraries included with the download causing some kind of conflict.

There are no lists, videos, or self help guides. We as authors that follow the standards can not go out and fix things. We are not the Mod Police so that leaves you the user to test things and figure it out on your own.

Last edited by Sharlikran : 10/05/21 at 08:24 PM.
10/06/21, 10:11 AM   #5
Missiledude777
Thanks for the help guys, sorry I read the post about the updates after I posted the thread, Minor is updating the mods today. Thanks again

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » How do I update the mods and will the out of date mods affect gameplay?