03/23/14, 05:48 AM   #1
Can8dnBen
Minimap

Not sure why this has not been requested yet (or maybe my search-fu is weak) but the ability to have a minimap on the main screen. This is a standard for most MMOs (and games in a 3d world in general). It does not need to be feature filled. Fixed zoom level is fine and it's intended use is to have a tactical, local navigation at its heart. Movable on the screen to suit the players preference would be good plus as well. It does not need to show mobs, or any additional info, just the player centred and updating as they move.

The current map is great for figuring out where to go next in a general sense, but navigating the immediate roads and surroundings is NOT easy using just the compass points and is done by constantly swapping back and forth between map and game world.

I have no idea if this is possible, but it is certainly desired by myself and the groups of folks I tend to play with.
03/23/14, 05:51 AM   #2
Phenomen
http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info60-ZrMiniMap.html
03/23/14, 06:00 AM   #3
Can8dnBen
Many thanks, that looks promising. Hopefully it is ready and robust for launch!
03/23/14, 06:23 AM   #4
Xrystal
caritas omnia vincit

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Don't be surprised if it isn't quite as robust as you would like, as most of us only had the odd weekend here and there to code and test our addons, and test the gameplay. Bear in mind not everyone had permanent access to the game to get these addon's up and running.

edit: There were some glitches when I last used it but it wasn't game breaking.
03/23/14, 09:29 AM   #5
choekstr

I came across this mod only in the past week so I haven't had a chance to try it out (no permanent beta access) but I am very much looking forward to trying this out. Glad to hear only minor issues but even so I am pretty tolerant of partially working plugins.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Minimap