03/08/15, 04:01 PM   #61
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
For me all the updated addons with the correct api version 100011 are shown as correct.
Some older ones are shown as outdated, but that is how it should be.
03/09/15, 04:28 AM   #62
Ayantir

Hello, little bug with fence

- Stole an item
- Set it as junk
- Standard merchands show me the keybind "sell all junk"

This couldn't be done.
Don't allow stolen items to be junked or don't display this keybind.

Thank you.
03/09/15, 09:37 PM   #63
Halja

The emote list is out of synchronization again. The English client has one less than the German and French ones. The missing/extra emote is id 107 /prov. The animation is stirring the wooden spoon for provisioning. This was one of the emotes taken out from add-ons calling back at launch. I'm happy to see it back but could the English players have it too?
--Halja
03/11/15, 07:44 PM   #64
circonian
It would be nice to have some ITEMTYPES &/or subTypes for some of the new stolen items so we can tell what everything is.
Especially things like the equipable cosmetic gear. I have roleplayers who want to keep this stuff, things like:

But that item has ITEMTYPE_ARMOR and ARMORTYPE_NONE, which means to code it looks exactly the same as jewelry because it is also ARMORTYPE_NONE...by the way jewelry also really needs either its own ITEMTYPE or its own ARMORTYPE.

Misc Laundered Items: Need their own ITEMTYPE instead of ITEMTYPE_NONE. Either create a new ITEMTYPE for them or throw them in with ITEMTYPE_COLLECTIBLE.
Jewelry: Needs its own ARMORTYPE (or its own ITEMTYPE)
The New Cosmetic Gear (Like the example above): Either needs its own ITEMTYPE, ARMORTYPE, or making them ITEMTYPE_COSTUME would probably be ok.

I don't know if there are any stolen cosmetic weapons, but if there are give them their own itemType or WEAPONTYPE also.

Last edited by circonian : 03/11/15 at 07:46 PM.
03/11/15, 08:48 PM   #65
merlight
Originally Posted by circonian View Post
But that item has ITEMTYPE_ARMOR and ARMORTYPE_NONE, which means to code it looks exactly the same as jewelry because it is also ARMORTYPE_NONE...by the way jewelry also really needs either its own ITEMTYPE or its own ARMORTYPE.
Should be distinguishable by EQUIP_TYPE
03/11/15, 09:37 PM   #66
circonian
Originally Posted by merlight View Post
Should be distinguishable by EQUIP_TYPE
Yes, thats what I'm doing in my addons. Thanks, but just because its doable, I don't think its a good solution.
I dont see any reason not to give them their own types. Maybe there is some good reason they didn't...I don't know.

Isn't this the whole point of the ItemTypes, ArmorTypes, & WeaponTypes to begin with. To break items up into categories so everyone can easily/quickly tell items apart with minimum work/code. Then why start throwing completely different items into the same categories that would require extra checks and extra code to run?

...what happens when they add more stuff later and keep throwing it into the ITEMTYPE_NONE or ARMORTYPE_NONE/WEAPONTYPE_NONE categories requiring more & more checks. I don't want to end up doing string comparisons on item names or texture paths to figure out what I'm dealing with :P

Last edited by circonian : 03/11/15 at 10:08 PM.
05/27/15, 08:47 AM   #67
XEVENEX
Bumping this to bring more attention to the Damage Shield API bug. More about it can be found here.
05/27/15, 09:28 AM   #68
Minceraft

It would be nice to have some ITEMTYPES &/or subTypes for some of the new stolen items so we can tell what everything is.
Especially things like the equipable cosmetic gear. I have roleplayers who want to keep this stuff, things like:

Misc Laundered Items: Need their own ITEMTYPE instead of ITEMTYPE_NONE. Either create a new ITEMTYPE for them or throw them in with ITEMTYPE_COLLECTIBLE.
Jewelry: Needs its own ARMORTYPE (or its own ITEMTYPE)
The New Cosmetic Gear (Like the example above): Either needs its own ITEMTYPE, ARMORTYPE, or making them ITEMTYPE_COSTUME would probably be ok.

I don't know if there are any stolen cosmetic weapons, but if there are give them their own itemType or WEAPONTYPE also.

I've gotten a very plain dress that was normal, from looting...once it's no longer stolen, its hard to distinguish it out in code....
Is there maybe a master list of these items available, so that we could just have them? Lol... And you're right! Maybe something like ITEMTYPE_WARDROBE or something for these extra goodies!!! I'd like to be able to change into and out of them on the fly with an addon

Last edited by Minceraft : 05/27/15 at 09:30 AM.
05/28/15, 11:13 AM   #69
dopiate

I have been collecting this stuff too - I make my bank mules look ridiculous (it's quite fun to do)

be careful though - I had a bag full once and since they are gray they were auto sold! for now i have them all set to saved - even the new stuff I find.

Here are a few of my mules for your enjoyment:

-d
05/31/15, 12:25 PM   #70
Minceraft

Mules

Most awesome idea, Dopiate !!!!
06/04/15, 08:03 AM   #71
Minceraft

A question for Chip...

I was wondering if something was/is planned for this control: ZO_PlayerInventoryInfoBarTransactions
It's located right underneath ZO_PlayerInventoryInfoBarFreeSlots. I am currently using it to display some info for myself, and wondered if I should display it elsewhere, if it's gonna be used later
07/09/15, 06:07 AM   #72
sirinsidiator

The BONUS_TYPE_ constants defined in the first few lines in ingame/campaign/campaignbonuses_shared.lua should be global instead of local, because they are also used ZO_CampaignBonuses_AbilitySlot_OnMouseEnter defined in ingame/campaign/campaignbonuses.lua:124. The tooltips for scrolls and emperor boni are not working because of this.
07/09/15, 08:37 AM   #73
merlight
Originally Posted by sirinsidiator View Post
The BONUS_TYPE_ constants defined in the first few lines in ingame/campaign/campaignbonuses_shared.lua should be global instead of local, because they are also used ZO_CampaignBonuses_AbilitySlot_OnMouseEnter defined in ingame/campaign/campaignbonuses.lua:124. The tooltips for scrolls and emperor boni are not working because of this.
Nice find, just added that to my fixes
07/09/15, 08:50 AM   #74
sirinsidiator

I also added it to sidWarTools
07/12/15, 05:06 AM   #75
merlight
ESOUIDocumentationP6.txt:
Code:
* GetTimeStamp()
** _Returns:_ *id64* _timestamp_

* GetDiffBetweenTimeStamps(*id64* _laterTime_, *id64* _earlierTime_)
** _Returns:_ *number* _difference_
I just wanted to express my hope that this is a documentation error and that the API won't be changed to match it

GetTimeStamp() currently returns a valid Lua number, i.e. C double, not int64. 53 bits of double precision are more than enough for a timestamp, it could span roughly 285 years with microsecond precision.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » 1.6 Addon API Feedback