05/12/20, 06:56 AM   #1
Lizzi's Bow
libdebuglogger changes in game time to utc from local time?

I have a wonky issue that i have traced back to libdebuglogger through trial and error of enabling and reloadinggui on eso many many times. The issue is this: when libdebuglogger becomes active on my game, the time displayed in game switches from my local time to the utc. Also, it's not simply a matter of turning libdebulogger off to switch back to loacal time... i have to log completely out of the game and out of steam and then relog into each to get the game to go back to local time. Also, i am playing on linux through steam play. I use manjaro linux on kernel 5.6 and up until today i have never had an issue with it really. I have a number of addons that depend on libdebuglooger that i dont wish to do without so could you please advise on how to remedy this conflict i am having in game? please and thank you!!!!!!

One other thoguht is that i am also using gamepadui as i play with a controller...

So at this point, the only work around i have is to disable all in game clocks, and then play i windowed mode so i can see my os system clock while im playing.

2nd work around, run game in maximized window, set window to not always be on top, build digitalclock4-bin from the aur and set it to always be on top

here's an image of mangohud showing the time both for opengl and vulkan. please note the opengl is showing local time and the vulkan is showing utc

eso loading with mangohub running... it clearly shows utc while on the os taskbar it shows local time. mangohub is supposed to show local time

Last edited by Lizzi's Bow : 05/12/20 at 03:08 PM.
05/16/20, 10:03 AM   #2
Lizzi's Bow
AMDVLK sets timezone to GMT+0 when vulkan loader just enumerates ICDs. According to the nice folks at Mangohub, aka Jackun

https://github.com/flightlessmango/MangoHud/issues/175

And so i did this:

Is that something i can manually edit if i build amdvlk from the aur? Or maybe i can downgrade amdvlk until the regression in amdvlk is fixed?

THAT WORKED! Downgraded to 2020.02.01

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/622847211

Thanks Jackun

Last edited by Lizzi's Bow : 05/16/20 at 10:35 AM.
05/17/20, 06:58 AM   #3
Lizzi's Bow
Ok so now that i had a chance to play eso since correcting the problem of two different times in goverlay by downgrading amdvlk and lib32-amdvlk, it seems that the ingame time is still affected by libdebuglogger. So long as libdebuiglogger is active my ingame time is reverting to utc or gmt +0, however you want to call it. Libdebuglogger is still causing the problem. Can you please help me with it? Thank you!

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » libdebuglogger changes in game time to utc from local time?