04/10/22, 01:10 AM   #1
odareyn
Post (Request) WykkydMulti Screen (Update)

Looking to see if anyone can bring this up to date! I have a triple monitor setup, and I'd love to see this addon back in action: https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info...enUpdated.html

Getting this error currently:

https://prnt.sc/nZIJyEXMStMf

Any help is much appreciated
04/10/22, 05:37 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I doubt it will be easy/possible as it relies on Wkkyds library LibWykkydFactory4 which was never updated since years. And many other addons of him which also rely on it are not working and were not updated because of that.

So I assume this is not possible. Maybe Sharlikran got that libray "changed" somewhere but I think he said it was not possible.
So do not expect that addon to be fixed, or at least not in near future. Maybe one is able to strip that library and use other code.
But as I do not even know what exactly that addon does and hw it achieves it I cannot say if this is possible without Wykkyd's old discontinued library,

Edit: Had a look at the error message and it maybe just wrong usage of LAM2 -> LibAddonMenu2
try to change the following lines of file addon.lua

388 and 389
LAM2:RegisterAddonPanel(_addon.Name.."_LAM", panelData)
LAM2:RegisterOptionControls(_addon.Name.."_LAM", optionsTable)

To:
LibAddonMenu2:RegisterAddonPanel(_addon.Name.."_LAM", panelData)
LibAddonMenu2:RegisterOptionControls(_addon.Name.."_LAM", optionsTable)

And install LibAddonMenu's newest version 33 from here to your live/AddOns folder:
https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info7-LibAddonMenu.html

If after that change any other error messages occur, sorry, cannot help any further. Shouldbe the above mentioned library then.

Last edited by Baertram : 04/10/22 at 05:42 AM.
04/10/22, 06:53 AM   #3
Sharlikran

I don't remember which of them I have tried to update. The one that used to interact with the mail obviously won't work without changes because of the new tree view. However, yes a mod like Wykkyd Multi-Screen would be hard for anyone even if they were willing to work on it because you have to have multiple screens to begin with. Plus there has to be some way you can do this with the current game even if it isn't what people want. For example if I had three monitors (because of the mod description) you are saying that it will display on all three screens. Like three graphics cards would work together and the game will support displaying one third of the image on each screen automatically without the game having extra programming just using directx. That's pretty impressive if that's how it works.

Not what I would think though. I would think it's like most things. You have to have the hardware and the game has to support it. I would think the game would display it on only one screen. However, I can see people being picky and complaining because it isn't on the screen they want it on. So if you have more then one screen how does it work? For those of us with a single monitor and have never see that.

Last edited by Sharlikran : 04/10/22 at 06:57 AM.
04/10/22, 08:29 AM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
I think you can setup the screen spanning at your video card's driver settings menu, at least I saw such settings at Nvidia control panel I think
Not sure what exactly this addon by Wykkyd did then, maybe it just enabled some settings to fine tune this or to add "hidden settings" which are only available at UserSettings.txt and not by default video settings of ESO.

It just says:
Wykkyd's Multi-Screen is a USE AT YOUR OWN RISK addon that attempts to help you centralize and move the game's default GUI so that it fits on a single screen, for users who have their ESO client spanned across multiple screens.

-> Makes no sense to me? Why should I centralize and move the game's default GUI if I want to use multiple screens? Or is maybe the game using the most left screen for the GUI and Wykkyd's addon just centers this to screen 2 (in the middle) then? Afaik you can change this via the video settings menu of ES too where you choose the screen to show the game on. But maybe this 3 sreen setup will just show you 1 screen there then and does not allow you o setup the real hardware screen which should be the "main" one.

Last edited by Baertram : 04/10/22 at 08:32 AM.
04/10/22, 10:30 AM   #5
odareyn
I did ask reddit, and here's a link to the post and image of the multiscreen / Nvidia surround working with ESO

https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscroll...m_source=share
04/10/22, 11:09 AM   #6
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Alright, thanks for the screenshot, now I understand the problem
Try my changes to the addon code I wrote in my first post here, below the "edit". Hope it helps
04/10/22, 04:32 PM   #7
odareyn
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
Alright, thanks for the screenshot, now I understand the problem
Try my changes to the addon code I wrote in my first post here, below the "edit". Hope it helps
Bro, you're a life saver! It worked!
04/18/22, 03:35 PM   #8
sirinsidiator

Apparently there's an even easier way which will probably work a lot better than anything an addon can do. You can set up overscan to change how much screen space the UI will actually use.
Assuming your horizontal resolution is 3 x 1920 you'd want to tell it to reduce the UI width by 2 x 1920 (=3840) and then offset it by 1920 so it's on the middle screen.
You can either edit your UserSettings.txt and change the values for "OverscanXOffset" to 1920 and "OverscanWidthAdjustment" to 3840, or use the following chat command ingame:
Code:
/script SetOverscanOffsets(1920, 0, -3840, 0)
I only did a quick test in windowed mode, but had some trouble in the pregame menus, likely because the client didn't keep the full resolution and I had to resize it. For a setup with screen spanning where you can use fullscreen mode it should hopefully work properly.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » (Request) WykkydMulti Screen (Update)