03/18/14, 01:48 AM   #1
Blade McKain
It is possibile the access to esohead coordinate?

It is possibile the accesso to esohead coordinate of items? like skyshard, lorebook, materials ?
i want to create an add-on that display in the game map these resources

It is possibile? how?
03/18/14, 04:21 AM   #2
SBN
There is an addon, which does exactly that: http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info5...kers.html#info

You could use it or at least get some inspiration, if you want to develop something for yourself.
03/19/14, 01:14 AM   #3
Blade McKain
Hey, thanks!
but I had already seen that addons
but it uses the local coordinates of the resources already found
I would like to create an addon that uses the coordinates taken from the site of http://esohead.com/map
for example to see in map all the skyshard or all the lorebook

It is possible get the coordinates of the resources from the site http://esohead.com/map?
how?

thx
03/19/14, 02:53 AM   #4
skyraker
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I do not believe that it is possible unless Esohead actually provides some sort of interface to their database.
03/19/14, 03:27 AM   #5
Errc
Originally Posted by skyraker View Post
I do not believe that it is possible unless Esohead actually provides some sort of interface to their database.
They are collecting the data, and created an addon to display the data. So since they have not yet published their data publicly yet, it is extremely likely that they are going to release an addon at launch that contains all this data and thus everyone will have access to it and it will be able to display said data on maps.
03/19/14, 03:42 AM   #6
Blade McKain
Originally Posted by Errc View Post
They are collecting the data, and created an addon to display the data. So since they have not yet published their data publicly yet, it is extremely likely that they are going to release an addon at launch that contains all this data and thus everyone will have access to it and it will be able to display said data on maps.
excellent!
but it would not be possible to talk to them and ask them if they can release some API for interfacing with their database?
in order to develop other addon before the launch?
03/19/14, 04:13 AM   #7
Errc
Originally Posted by Blade McKain View Post
excellent!
but it would not be possible to talk to them and ask them if they can release some API for interfacing with their database?
in order to develop other addon before the launch?
I am just speculating, but I wouldn't expect that they would share that at this time.

They released their display addon specific saying it would only display info that you collected. So they didn't attempt to make any means of providing their data at that point so I doubt they will allow access to it until they release their full addon.

But maybe I am wrong. There are better people to answer that than myself, and I am sure they will see this thread and would answer if it was something they would/could release atm.
03/19/14, 06:35 AM   #8
Blade McKain
Originally Posted by Errc View Post
I am just speculating, but I wouldn't expect that they would share that at this time.

They released their display addon specific saying it would only display info that you collected. So they didn't attempt to make any means of providing their data at that point so I doubt they will allow access to it until they release their full addon.

But maybe I am wrong. There are better people to answer that than myself, and I am sure they will see this thread and would answer if it was something they would/could release atm.
I think that since these data were collected with the cooperation of all I think it would be fair to make them public for everyone ...
03/19/14, 07:12 AM   #9
Shinni
They are collecting the data, and created an addon to display the data.
Esohead Markers and Esohead are two different addons created by two different people.
I don't think there are any conclusions, regarding what esohead.com will do with their data, based on esohead markers.

It is possibile the accesso to esohead coordinate of items? like skyshard, lorebook, materials ?
i want to create an add-on that display in the game map these resources
I think that since these data were collected with the cooperation of all I think it would be fair to make them public for everyone ...
Their data is already public, since you can look at it on their website. Maybe they will even create some kind of APIs as they did for wowhead.
However ESO has a sandbox for their addons, you can't create internet connections or read/write from/to the harddrive (except SavedVariables).
So using the APIs with an addon is impossible.
The only way to include their data would be, if esohead made their database public for download.
(And as far as I know, none of wowhead, hearthhead etc have done that)
03/19/14, 08:39 AM   #10
Blade McKain
Originally Posted by Shinni View Post
Esohead Markers and Esohead are two different addons created by two different people.
I don't think there are any conclusions, regarding what esohead.com will do with their data, based on esohead markers.

Their data is already public, since you can look at it on their website. Maybe they will even create some kind of APIs as they did for wowhead.
However ESO has a sandbox for their addons, you can't create internet connections or read/write from/to the harddrive (except SavedVariables).
So using the APIs with an addon is impossible.
The only way to include their data would be, if esohead made their database public for download.
(And as far as I know, none of wowhead, hearthhead etc have done that)
use the APIs directly from eso is impossible
but it would be possible to create a program that downloads (for example) all of the coordinates of the Auridon's skyshard and put them directly in the .lua of the addon...

a way there is
but we need to have the coordinate of the resource...
03/19/14, 12:52 PM   #11
fewyn
Esohead Staff

Premium Member
The Esohead addon actually adds coords to your map if you have it installed. It should show up in the bottom left corner.
03/20/14, 12:51 AM   #12
Blade McKain
Originally Posted by fewyn View Post
The Esohead addon actually adds coords to your map if you have it installed. It should show up in the bottom left corner.
Adds the coordinates of what?
03/21/14, 04:54 AM   #13
Blade McKain
I sent an email to the esoui administrators to ask them to make public their database, but I have had no response....
03/21/14, 01:08 PM   #14
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by Blade McKain View Post
I sent an email to the esoui administrators to ask them to make public their database, but I have had no response....
You did? I don't have it in my email. Did you send it to the Esohead staff instead? (Which, btw, are the ones you actually do need to contact.)
03/21/14, 01:40 PM   #15
Blade McKain
I have used the 'Contact ESOUI' link at the bottom of this page...
03/21/14, 01:54 PM   #16
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Hmmmmm. Very odd that I didn't get it. I'll have to look into that.

Regardless, I'll point the appropriate person (Fewyn) to this thread for you.
03/22/14, 01:13 AM   #17
Blade McKain
Thx you!!!
03/31/14, 10:41 AM   #18
Blade McKain
i have no response from nobody
actually esohead marker show all the skyshard coordinate
but it doesn't have the coordinate of resorse
can esohead give the coordinates of resource public to all?

thx
04/08/14, 05:01 AM   #19
Blade McKain
i'am waiting
06/11/14, 04:53 PM   #20
testguys
Don't know, if it is still valuable for you, but for Map Coordinates in ESO you can use

ESOlocate (coords)

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » It is possibile the access to esohead coordinate?