08/04/15, 10:25 AM   #21
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by QuadroTony View Post
he is so pissed so he decide even do not add a features i ask, but also do not fix errors i found long ago

look at the DoItAll with FCO support comments

this is so ridiculous
The only ridiculous thing here is your behaviour and tries to blame ppl that helped you out for free several times

You don't get it right? I have a live! I do not play this game 24/7 as you do and you really start to piss me off at maximum now
You wrote about the bug in the comments and I told you about 100000 times to use the appropriate bug panel of the addons or write me a PM. If you don't learn from your errors I can't help you but STOP blaming me for your bad habbits, would you?
If I did not fix a bug it is because I:
-got no time
-got other interests
-you were the only one complaining about it
-I couldn't solve it

You can check the forums and ESO forums and you'll find plenty of requests that I fullfilled.
It is MY decision to add features to my addons or not. As I wrote above: Learn lua and write your own ones if you don't like how WE ADDON DEVELOPERS decide to use OUR addons.
And your requests destroy some addons imo as you want to have ALL stuff in ALL addons which makes no sense! This is not only my opinion

Btw:
I was on vacations and did not answer to your PM about DoItAll until today as I got NO TIME to check my addons.
So would you please stop spreading wrong information about me. Thank you.
08/04/15, 12:02 PM   #22
circonian
Originally Posted by ZOS_DanBatson View Post
You're right, these used to use SavedVars but they got moved to server settings. Only the position uses SavedVars now. In that case the setting should be the same across characters. If one turns it on, all turn it on.

In the first post, did you turn it OFF on character A, switch to B and it was ON? Or did you turn it OFF on A, switch to B and turn it ON, then switch back to A and it was still ON?
Looking at the code that is what it appeared to be, saved server side. Yes saved vars appear to only be used for the anchor, at least that I could find. So I don't know how it is saved on the server, but here is an example of the problem I noticed.

This example is for the Show Latency & framerate (others have mentioned similar problems with other settings but these are the only two I looked at).
Example, two characters we'll call A & B. Log both characters in (any order), turn the settings ON & log out.
  • Log in Character A the setting is still turned ON, so it was saved somewhere/somehow.
  • Turn the settings OFF for character A, Log out & back into character A. The setting is still OFF so it was saved when we turned it OFF.

AFTER doing the above (when we logged out of each character, character A's settings are OFF, character B's settings were ON):
  • Character B: Log in character B & the setting is still turned ON (even though it was OFF for character A). Make no changes & log out.
  • Character A: Log this character back in (after logging in & out character B) the settings for character A are now turned ON again.

So my best guess is that it looks like even without changing the setting, the setting is getting re-saved just by logging in and when a setting is saved as ON it gets saved account-wide, but when a setting is saved as OFF its only saved for that character. At least that is what it is acting like.

Last edited by circonian : 08/04/15 at 12:07 PM.
08/04/15, 12:23 PM   #23
Wandamey
Even the settings that don't seem to have a problem may reset to default after a crash even though you did save them correctly the previous log out.

ex : quest marker settings for sure, probably others too.
08/04/15, 01:56 PM   #24
ZOS_DanBatson
ZOS Staff!

Yes this person is from ZeniMax!
I spoke with QA and the people responsible for the settings tech. We have repro'd the bug internally and are tracking it now. There is indeed a bug, and I was mistaken about the design:

Settings saved on the server are character based, not account based. So latency being one such server saved setting should be on a character by character basis. If you turn A ON, or observe A as being ON, it should not turn B ON (assuming B was off before.)

Thank you, everyone, for your examples.
08/19/15, 07:19 AM   #25
QuadroTony
Banned
Originally Posted by ZOS_DanBatson View Post
I spoke with QA and the people responsible for the settings tech. We have repro'd the bug internally and are tracking it now. There is indeed a bug, and I was mistaken about the design:

Settings saved on the server are character based, not account based. So latency being one such server saved setting should be on a character by character basis. If you turn A ON, or observe A as being ON, it should not turn B ON (assuming B was off before.)

Thank you, everyone, for your examples.

thanks! is this fixed internally now? or on PTS? didnt test yet
08/19/15, 09:40 AM   #26
QuadroTony
Banned
the same bug with Ability Bar settings

it returned to "Automatic" on other heroes if you logged to hero with "automatic"
08/19/15, 09:43 AM   #27
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
Yes this person is from ZeniMax!
We have an internal fix in testing that applies to a number of settings including the ability bar and the latency settings among others.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Bug with Latency settings