11/29/18, 03:13 AM   #1
Provision

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
My copyright : Provision RF & fork Provinatus

Hi,

I am here to speak of the fork "Provinatus" of Provision TeamFormation, today in this post, I only ask question without action for now.

I was agreed on beginning to add functionnality (because I don't have even system) but now I'm not because I made event system.(I was less agree for refactoring without performance gain and I never say "yes, you can" for that).

Provinatus only add "Pointer" and made "refactoring" of my code. Ok. But the functionnality can add in my Event system.

I admit that the main problem for me, it was the players download provinatus without provision TeamFormation but I want to my work reward by the number of download. It's the only reward for me, see my work liked.

06/15/18 I sent :

Originally Posted by Provision
Originally Posted by AlbinoPython
Is it possible to make Provinatus like mod/dependance of TeamFormation ? Not like competitor ?
I made event, it is a first try :
Code:
CALLBACK_MANAGER:FireCallbacks("TEAMFORMATION_SetHiddenCalled", bool)
CALLBACK_MANAGER:FireCallbacks("TEAMFORMATION_MakeIcon", index)
CALLBACK_MANAGER:FireCallbacks("TEAMFORMATION_UpdateIcon", index, unitTag, sameZone, isDead, isInCombat)
-- You can get element with : ProvTF.UI.Player[index]
Branch : https://github.com/GuimDev/Provision...10-fire-events

Issue #10 : https://github.com/GuimDev/Provision...ment-397659059

You code will be like that :

Code:
local function Provinatus_UpdateIcon(index, unitTag, sameZone, isDead, isInCombat)
	local name = GetUnitName(unitTag)
	local isMe = (name == GetUnitName("player"))
	if isMe then
		ProvTF.UI.Player[index].Icon:SetColor(0, 1, 0)
	end
end

CALLBACK_MANAGER:RegisterCallback("TEAMFORMATION_UpdateIcon", Provinatus_UpdateIcon)
Today I sent him :

Hi,

I don't understand why you want copy/paste my Addon if it is just to change arrow on the center of the screen and remove settings. It's easy to do refactoring when you have not take many time to make it of 0 but now I'm not agree with that.

I ask you to use my event system. We have two addons to do one thing. The addon which update more in month will be the more used that original, it's not normal. Make refactoring update is cheating.

Prov.

Last edited by Provision : 11/29/18 at 03:28 AM. Reason: Replace "RF" by "TF" xD
11/29/18, 06:28 AM   #2
sirinsidiator

Don't want to make your decision for you, but there was a similar case not long ago where the author requested the forked addon to be taken down, which happened shortly after it was reported. So that way is definitely an option for you.

If it was my own addon and a fork became more popular than the original, I'd probably ask myself "Why is that?", "Do I even want to continue maintaining my own?" and "What can I do to make mine better again?" if I still want to continue.
11/29/18, 11:50 AM   #3
Provision

I don't know, he took much time to refactoring [s](and remove some setting / functionality)[/s]. I will watch to get a compromise. It seems to easy for me and seems hard for him, if I ask that.

My english doesn't help me to make to make myself clear. I worked hard to make TF to 0 (my first big addon in lua & eso context). I met lot of weird bug when in other langage/plateform I make apps without trouble.
11/29/18, 11:53 AM   #4
Provision

I think I lack of objectivity. I'm afraid of my decision was unfair.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » My copyright : Provision RF & fork Provinatus