05/05/14, 03:16 PM   #1
Aiiane

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
[GUIDE] How to create custom links

I've created a guide for working with custom links. You can find it on the ESOUI wiki:

http://wiki.esoui.com/How_to_create_custom_links

Last edited by Aiiane : 05/05/14 at 04:46 PM. Reason: typo
05/05/14, 03:59 PM   #2
Harven

Hey,
thanks, great job! I think i'm going to use that knowledge in my Custom Map Pins addon to share a pin with other players
05/06/14, 01:06 AM   #3
Sasky
Odd they let you create your own type to send through chat when the vanilla client shows an error when its clicked. I guess best practice in this case would be to try to cram into one of the other link types and have your handler intercept it from one of the data params rather than a string.
05/06/14, 02:49 PM   #4
Aiiane

Originally Posted by Sasky View Post
Odd they let you create your own type to send through chat when the vanilla client shows an error when its clicked. I guess best practice in this case would be to try to cram into one of the other link types and have your handler intercept it from one of the data params rather than a string.
Why would that be a best practice? It's ok to have a UI error pop up if the client doesn't know what to do with something... what else would it do?

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Tutorials & Other Helpful Info » [GUIDE] How to create custom links