05/23/17, 08:27 PM   #1
exsiliumtrinity

Minion doesn't open, but runs in processes

like the title says minion wont open up, but will run in the processes. minion.exe if i use the .exe, or java will be open if ran through the jar. i've tried restarts and uninstalls. doesn't work. tried 32 bit and 64 bit. i've tried to run "java -jar C:\Users\EspenHansen\AppData\Local\Minion\app\Minion-jfx.jar"(obviously changing to my computers name) cmd and doesnt open but runs in processes. im quite stuck on what to do next. any help?

i am on windows 10 pro with the latest update
Doesn't create a .xml
turned off my firewalls
completely uninstalled all my javas
Attached Files
File Type: log minion.log (1.6 KB, 435 views)
File Type: txt cmd.txt (11.7 KB, 532 views)

Last edited by exsiliumtrinity : 05/24/17 at 10:44 AM.
05/25/17, 09:08 AM   #2
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Thank you for posting all the steps you tried to take and the cmd output.
I'm not sure what it could be either but your cmd log looks very strange. Let me see what our java dev says about it.

Last edited by Dolby : 05/25/17 at 09:11 AM.
05/26/17, 08:36 AM   #3
exsiliumtrinity

Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
Thank you for posting all the steps you tried to take and the cmd output.
I'm not sure what it could be either but your cmd log looks very strange. Let me see what our java dev says about it.
Let me know something. i know i am not blocked from the web address, i checked my hosts.txt , one was empty and the other was just adobe blocking. i've tried custom install directories, default install directories, multiply installs and uninstalls. i do have my old folder for ESO containing all my addons, but i doubt that would matter since it wont even boot up to launch the app and create the xml.
05/26/17, 03:47 PM   #4
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
I sent the logs to our java dev and he said he would look into it. Doesnt look like he saw anything pop out at him when he glanced at it. I'll keep you updated. Not sure if we will be able to look at it any further tonight though.
05/28/17, 10:48 AM   #5
exsiliumtrinity

I sent the logs to our java dev and he said he would look into it. Doesnt look like he saw anything pop out at him when he glanced at it. I'll keep you updated. Not sure if we will be able to look at it any further tonight though.
thanks it just sucks that i cant update all my addons lol thanks for responding
05/29/17, 08:56 AM   #6
exsiliumtrinity

also i would like to add that it was working for me last year on windows 10, hence why i still have all the addons. i had to do a system format, i also upgrade to windows 10 pro as well.

i also tried a older version of minion, that to did not run but opened in the processes.
restart and using compatibility mod didnt work. doesnt even start up on its own.

Last edited by exsiliumtrinity : 05/29/17 at 09:07 AM.
06/11/17, 12:53 PM   #7
Venger
I have the same issue on W10 from time to time. Usually a reboot will fix it...but not always. Sometimes I can just keep trying several times and will finally open.
06/24/17, 01:34 PM   #8
Rhumor
Originally Posted by Venger View Post
I have the same issue on W10 from time to time. Usually a reboot will fix it...but not always. Sometimes I can just keep trying several times and will finally open.
I have the same problem and fix it the save way Venger does. If it doesn't load up but shows up in task manager I just end process and try again. Sometimes it takes a few tries.
07/17/17, 08:15 PM   #9
lve2raft
Any update to this? Same exact issue. Help???

Tried closing it 22 times and it didnt open. Should i try more?
07/19/17, 11:13 AM   #10
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
No update yet,

This symptom shows up for many reasons and some are easy fixes so please provide more info other than just saying you have the same problem. Please state if you have logs being written, etc.

Please provide your minion.log and minion.xml if they are created, if not please state they are missing. If you have java 8 installed on your system even try the cmd option shown in OP's first post. Thanks!

Last edited by Dolby : 07/19/17 at 11:17 AM.
07/29/17, 03:54 PM   #11
exsiliumtrinity

No update yet,

This symptom shows up for many reasons and some are easy fixes so please provide more info other than just saying you have the same problem. Please state if you have logs being written, etc.

Please provide your minion.log and minion.xml if they are created, if not please state they are missing. If you have java 8 installed on your system even try the cmd option shown in OP's first post. Thanks!
So now i am getting a different errors. actually getting something direct: c:\users\Name\appdata\local\minion\runtime\bin\client\jvm.dll
"failed to locate JNI_CreateJavaVM"
"Failed to launch JVM"

Edit: I fixed it by fully uninstalling and deleting everything. Going to try it in sandboxie or an emulator
Edit:It wouldn't even load, after install, in sandboxie.

Last edited by exsiliumtrinity : 07/29/17 at 08:35 PM.
07/30/17, 09:39 PM   #12
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by exsiliumtrinity View Post
So now i am getting a different errors. actually getting something direct: c:\users\Name\appdata\local\minion\runtime\bin\client\jvm.dll
"failed to locate JNI_CreateJavaVM"
"Failed to launch JVM"

Edit: I fixed it by fully uninstalling and deleting everything. Going to try it in sandboxie or an emulator
What version of Java do you have installed?

Originally Posted by exsiliumtrinity View Post
I'm not sure what you mean by this. Is it fixed now? Running Minion under an emulator may not work since it self is running a java virtual machine, and vm's inside vm's don't usually work to well.
08/05/17, 01:31 AM   #13
exsiliumtrinity

What version of Java do you have installed?

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Is it fixed now? Running Minion under an emulator may not work since it self is running a java virtual machine, and vm's inside vm's don't usually work to well.
I manage to get the java error fixed, sorry i wasn't specific. was trying to test different ways. i even deleted every folder containing mods and the games related. i had hopes for trying to open and close it til it appeared, but to no avail. sad face

Edit: Just updated my java to Java8u188, even tried running it with straight java, but just idles in processes.

Last edited by exsiliumtrinity : 08/05/17 at 01:59 AM.

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » Minion doesn't open, but runs in processes